I Polished and Sealed... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I Polished and Sealed...

Last night after work, I spent a few hours in the garage claying, nano polish with the Porter Cable, wet mirror finish glaze, and Jet seal. The results were amazing.

This car is my daily driver and sees bird poo, nasty acid rain, snow and salt. Not a single scratch or swirl mark. I couldn't be happier...

Now I just need to go cruise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398446280.349363.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	980.3 KB
ID:	154985Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398446312.243980.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	866.8 KB
ID:	154986Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398446346.627196.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	886.2 KB
ID:	154987Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398446381.342389.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	154988Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398446686.242276.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	809.2 KB
ID:	154990
Ali Tabooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Tabooger View Post
Last night after work, I spent a few hours in the garage claying, nano polish with the Porter Cable, wet mirror finish glaze, and Jet seal. The results were amazing.

This car is my daily driver and sees bird poo, nasty acid rain, snow and salt. Not a single scratch or swirl mark. I couldn't be happier...

Attachment 154985Attachment 154986Attachment 154987Attachment 154988Attachment 154990

Nice looking car! You've done it up well!
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Nice Car!! looks glossy!! I have recently been researching detailing methods like paint correction with polishes and different kinds of waxes. Man there is a ton to learn and i think im gonna tough it out and do most by hand. Your lucky you have the DA polisher to cut the time in half !
jlt intake
sct tuner but no tune since it will void my warranty (lame)
jmackinn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Nice looking car! You've done it up well!
Thanks

Many many paychecks lol
Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackinn01 View Post
Nice Car!! looks glossy!! I have recently been researching detailing methods like paint correction with polishes and different kinds of waxes. Man there is a ton to learn and i think im gonna tough it out and do most by hand. Your lucky you have the DA polisher to cut the time in half !

My Porter Cable was a gift from an ex girlfriend but they're relatively inexpensive (around $100.00).

There's nothing wrong with glaze and wax by hand either especially if you take your time. It can be a great stress relief... Until it rains.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks great man. You have the PC 7424XP? Just got one and I love it. Did the wife's car this week

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, That's the one. Don't know how I lived without it
Old 04-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Looks good however you should try washing a black car lol you see pollen and dust stick to the paint after you just take it out for a spin.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Yettie View Post
Looks good however you should try washing a black car lol you see pollen and dust stick to the paint after you just take it out for a spin.

I had one black car and said I would never do it again. 1/2 hour after drying without even moving the car and I could see dust.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Yes, That's the one. Don't know how I lived without it
Absolutely love mine too.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Attachment 154985Attachment 154986Attachment 154987Attachment 154988Attachment 154990

I would like to know your process and the waxes you used . The shine on yours is amazing . Thanks in advance
Scottad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Looks awesome! Chemical Guys products rock.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottad3 View Post
I would like to know your process and the waxes you used . The shine on yours is amazing . Thanks in advance

First I washed the car to get all the dirt off. A lot of guys use the 2 bucket method, but I use the car wash high pressure wash and 1 microfiber mit for the body and 1 mit for the wheels.

I clayed with Chem Guys clay and lube as normal and gave the car another rinse down.

I used Chem Guys Nano Polish 3n with a rotary buffer and green polishing pad. I had a few light swirls here and there and this eliminated them. Start on a low setting to work it in and a higher for polishing until there's hardly any product on the surface.

I then used Chem Guys Mirror Wet Finish with a regular foam pad with the buffer applied like the polish.

I then used Chem Guys Jet Seal and applied it with the buffer with a foam pad. You only need to put it on a low setting or apply it by hand since it's applied like Wax. Let dry for 20 mins and buff off.

I stopped there but plan on topping it this weekend with a wax to get even more depth to the paint.

I really like these products because they apply and buff off easier than anything I've used at any local auto store .

I think the Jet Seal is about $40 per bottle but if you order $100.00 in products ( microfiber towels, some pads, wax, polish, glass cleaner, interior cleaner, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, interior scent, a few detailing brushes, tire shine, engine degreaser was 120.00) you get a free Jet Seal with their promo code.

So, I thought it was an awesome deal. Plus, if you have matte stripes or black plastic parts, the products don't mess them up or leave that dreaded white residue.

And yes... To keep the dust off I use a car duster but a secret a lot people forget is... You barely touch the car with it/ wisp it over the surface ever so lightly. I've seen people just mash those things against the paint and that'll cause scratches.

They claim a lot of their products have "anti static" properties to minimize dust. I haven't really noticed a difference but then again, I live in the desert and dust is a sad fact of life around here. I dust once a day and it looks fresh.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Thanks a lot . Great detail . Need to get off me arse and do mine soon . Calling for rain for the next week here though
Scottad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I've spent $300+ on Chemical Guys stuff. I'd reccomend to anyone. Their anti static quick detailers do indeed work.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
OP, your pony looks amazing, super shine and great job. For those of you who are thinking of detailing your rides I strongly recommend purchasing a DA polisher. A few months ago I purchased my first DA polisher kit from Auto Geek and wow, its awesome. I had purchased a starter kit Porter Cable 7424 XP DA with a bunch of pads for just under 200 dollars.

Super easy to use and the results are amazing. Forget waxing, compounding, polishing by hand. The DA does the job in a fraction of the time by hand. This is a must have for people who take pride in the appearance and paint of their ride. The first few weeks I had my Porter Cable DA polisher I had completed a three step correction process on my pony and wife's mini van.

I had done compound, polish and sealant. I had not used a clay bar for any paint correction and while I really should of, I was very pleased with the compound used to remove the water marks, swirl marks and surface scratches.

As far as detailing products I am a big fan and use Meguiar's products. Not taking anything away from Chemical Guys and their products because I hear they sell excellent stuff. I just really like Meguiar's detailing products and are priced very well not to mention Wally World (Aka Wal Mart) sells a nice selection of Meguiar's products which many are in stock.

I had used the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax which is really a full synthetic sealer not an actual wax. I was thrilled with its results. I also have been using Meguiar's professional mirror glaze 6 cleaner wax which does a fantastic job.

As far as a clay bar goes, I just ordered the Meguiar's clay kit for around 20 bucks which comes with two clay bars, detailer spray bottle and microfiber towel. This clay bar kit I hear has amazing results and again not taking anything away from Chemical Guys and their products.

Regardless which detailing products used, having the DA polisher is the only way to go for people who take pride in their cars appearance and want to wax or compound or polish their rides.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

You're right. A DA is important to take the car to the next level.

Don't feel bad about recommending other products. I'm all about what works and I'm sure others are too. I'd try some Megs products if they work well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing