Contaminants Under Factory Paint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Contaminants Under Factory Paint

I was looking over my month old car and I saw what looks to be contaminants under the paint. I don't mind that it's there because it's between the rear window where you can't see it. I'm just worried it might rust down huge road. Should I be worried?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405548625.239256.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	161589

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ThatsCoolBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I can't see what your trying to show us?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I think I see it. If its on the base coat or higher I wouldn't worry about it.
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
I can't see what your trying to show us?

It's the little white bump in the middle of the photo. It looks like rain but it isn't

Old 07-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
I was looking over my month old car and I saw what looks to be contaminants under the paint. I don't mind that it's there because it's between the rear window where you can't see it. I'm just worried it might rust down huge road. Should I be worried?
Attachment 161589

I'd bring it to the dealer and make it's on record that this was there---should've never left Flat Rock that way...there is definitely something under the finish...that's not to spec and was definitely missed by inspection at the plant and during PDI at the dealer...don't let it go.

MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post
I'd bring it to the dealer and make it's on record that this was there---should've never left Flat Rock that way...there is definitely something under the finish...that's not to spec and was definitely missed by inspection at the plant and during PDI at the dealer...don't let it go.

Yeah it even came with a water leak and the previous dealer put 2 small chips in the front left fender and tried to put touch up on it. My dealer saw the chips and didn't say anything... I took it to a body shop because I'm putting a spoiler on it and the guy said he'll fix it right for free.

I'm going to call my Regional Ford Service Rep tomorrow about the contaminant under the paint. She helped me fix the leak.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it even came with a water leak and the previous dealer put 2 small chips in the front left fender and tried to put touch up on it. My dealer saw the chips and didn't say anything... I took it to a body shop because I'm putting a spoiler on it and the guy said he'll fix it right for free.

I'm going to call my Regional Ford Service Rep tomorrow about the contaminant under the paint. She helped me fix the leak.

As long as it's on record somewhere that you made Ford aware of it. Some dealers/sales people will go the extra mile and take of customers but there is an equal amount that don't...if you don't notice, they don't bring it up....good luck and I hope you don't have any other issues.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post
As long as it's on record somewhere that you made Ford aware of it. Some dealers/sales people will go the extra mile and take of customers but there is an equal amount that don't...if you don't notice, they don't bring it up....good luck and I hope you don't have any other issues.

Thank you. I just don't the stuff under the paint to cause any issue. I hope Ford will take care of it if something were to happen

Old 07-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing