Paint Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Paint Help

So I was about to wash my car today when I noticed the bump in my paint started to open up after I ran a rag with rubbing compound on it to get industrial fallout off my paint. I called Ford and they said to take it to my dealer and have them look at it. Will Ford cover it under the warranty? Car isn't even a month old. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405721304.872223.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	161742

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ThatsCoolBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
So I was about to wash my car today when I noticed the bump in my paint started to open up after I ran a rag with rubbing compound on it to get industrial fallout off my paint. I called Ford and they said to take it to my dealer and have them look at it. Will Ford cover it under the warranty? Car isn't even a month old. Attachment 161742

Yeah they definitely should. Make sure they don't just use some crap touch up paint right over it. That will at least need some wet sanding to get that out then a good solid touch-up.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Yeah they definitely should. Make sure they don't just use some crap touch up paint right over it. That will at least need some wet sanding to get that out then a good solid touch-up.

I just wonder what it is? I don't think it's a paint bubble because I tried putting some touch up on it myself but it didn't do much because I could still see the black dots. I just hope it doesn't rust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
I just wonder what it is? I don't think it's a paint bubble because I tried putting some touch up on it myself but it didn't do much because I could still see the black dots. I just hope it doesn't rust

Hard to tell really. Just looks like it embedded itself between layers of paint, which would mean it came like that from the factory.

Might give the car a once over in good light to see if there are any other spots like that so when you go to the dealer they can knock them all out.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Hard to tell really. Just looks like it embedded itself between layers of paint, which would mean it came like that from the factory.

Might give the car a once over in good light to see if there are any other spots like that so when you go to the dealer they can knock them all out.

I'm actually starting to look over and find more things. I think it might've been in an accident and sold to me or just crappy workmanship from the factory. The seals and stuff are really bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405814764.993111.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	161828Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405814805.648637.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	161829Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405814822.926351.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	161830

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing