Window Tint legality question. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
A police officer being wrong about a suspicion doesn't mean he/she was violating your civil rights. Nobody is perfect, except you apparently.

As much as I appreciate your comprehensive assessment of my integrity, I'm not likely to lose any sleep tonight. I don't know you and you don't know me. However, I do know one difference between us, I don't prejudge people I know nothing about.
And you prejudge people every day at work...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
Handcuffing gotti imo is exaggerated. It's understandable if the cops saw a reason to do it, possible threat or whatever. I've had friends that have been pulled over and told to get out of their car but have never been handcuffed.

Gotti said the cops searched his car twice the first time without being asked. He also said he was yelled at to get out of his car without being asked any questions, is this true? Idk I wasn't there, but if this did happen these cops just violated his rights; search without consent is not legal. Yelling at someone to get out their car will just cause problems maybe that's what these cops wanted but in the end they didn't get crap other than that window tint ticket.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hack14GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Providence
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
How many videos are you going to post that have nothing to do with what I am saying? I would never advise someone to say YES to a search. However, you saying NO doesn't mean that they don't have the right to search it anyway if they have a reasonable suspicion. Your videos aren't disproving anything that I'm saying.

This conversation has become a pure waste of time. Despite popular belief, people don't come to ME to read constitutional law debates.

PS- I'm not a cop.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hack14GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Providence
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
And you prejudge people every day at work...
You don't even know what I do for work. You're like the king of pre-judgement.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hack14GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Providence
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
...search without consent is not legal.
It is most certainly legal if they have a legitimate reasonable suspicion (i.e. drug odor, visible drugs, suspicion of intoxication, visible weapons, and the list goes on and on and on...) Are you under the impression that if a cop sees a crack pipe on your back seat that he has no right to search your car if you don't give him consent? You guys are just doling out very bad information.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
How many videos are you going to post that have nothing to do with what I am saying? I would never advise someone to say YES to a search. However, you saying NO doesn't mean that they don't have the right to search it anyway if they have a reasonable suspicion. Your videos aren't disproving anything that I'm saying.

This conversation has become a pure waste of time. Despite popular belief, people don't come to ME to read constitutional law debates.

PS- I'm not a cop.
Then I profoundly apologize for calling you one.

I still love you Hack... We will just agree to disagree and everyone can make up their own minds on this subject.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
It is most certainly legal if they have a legitimate reasonable suspicion (i.e. drug odor, visible drugs, suspicion of intoxication, visible weapons, and the list goes on and on and on...) Are you under the impression that if a cop sees a crack pipe on your back seat that he has no right to search your car if you don't give him consent? You guys are just doling out very bad information.
Exactly. If it's under suspicion, he has all the right to search your car, no matter if you say yes or no. If he if just asking, always say no.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hack14GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Providence
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Then I profoundly apologize for calling you one.

I still love you Hack... We will just agree to disagree and everyone can make up their own minds on this subject.
No apologies necessary. I still love you too.

I suppose we should stop hijacking this thread before we get it shut down!
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #44
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
It is most certainly legal if they have a legitimate reasonable suspicion (i.e. drug odor, visible drugs, suspicion of intoxication, visible weapons, and the list goes on and on and on...) Are you under the impression that if a cop sees a crack pipe on your back seat that he has no right to search your car if you don't give him consent? You guys are just doling out very bad information.
You're assuming I was doing something suspicious. You think I would have a problem with them doing what they did if I was waving a gun? Smoking a joint? Driving under the influence?

I wasn't even SPEEDING.. Heck, Even when I get stopped for speeding, I've been pulled over at gun point and I can understand why they do this, Because they don't know who they're dealing with and I might be speeding for a reason, I've never had a problem with that... I was even stopped for burning out, speeding and loud exhaust and was taken out of my car at gun point and sat in the back of a police car, even after all that, the cop didn't handcuff me and he was alone. I wasn't even ticketed for it, I was let go with a warning.. I have 2 current speeding tickets, The latest one is from July of 2013, More than a year ago...

There's something wrong with your logic and I'm going to seem like an *** for assuming, But I will assume you're going to use what I just admitted of doing against the reason I was stopped. Because you know, the cops were psychic and all.

But yeah, This is getting a bit out of hand, let's just leave it at that and drop it
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hack14GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Providence
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
You're assuming I was doing something suspicious. You think I would have a problem with them doing what they did if I was waving a gun? Smoking a joint? Driving under the influence?

I wasn't even SPEEDING.. Heck, Even when I get stopped for speeding, I've been pulled over at gun point and I can understand why they do this, Because they don't know who they're dealing with and I might be speeding for a reason, I've never had a problem with that... I was even stopped for burning out, speeding and loud exhaust and was taken out of my car at gun point and sat in the back of a police car, even after all that, the cop didn't handcuff me and he was alone. I wasn't even ticketed for it, I was let go with a warning.. I have 2 current speeding tickets, The latest one is from July of 2013, More than a year ago...

There's something wrong with your logic and I'm going to seem like an *** for assuming, But I will assume you're going to use what I just admitted of doing against the reason I was stopped. Because you know, the cops were psychic and all.

But yeah, This is getting a bit out of hand, let's just leave it at that and drop it
I am truly not assuming anything about you or your situation. As we all continued posting I was talking generally in a broader sense of things. I wasn't there and won't speculate on the actual circumstances surrounding your situation. I was just initially offering another theory as to what their thinking might have been. They may have been dead wrong or you may not be telling us the whole story, who knows, who cares. Basically, it wasn't my intent to offend you or make it seem like I was presuming your guilt in anything. Sorry if it came across that way.
Hack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #46
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
I was pulled over not to long ago for having 5% tint. Had my windows more than half way down but he said he still had trouble seeing me. Now I run with no tint 😢 I really enjoyed the first video btw
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 179
IIRC, there are many states where it is not lawful to pull someone over for just suspicion that tint may be illegal. As soon as they get you pulled over legally, they can check your tint, though. And they can pull you over for thousands of things you never would have thought about. "Hey I think I heard your tires chirp as you accelerated away from that light." That has happened to me before. I told the cop there was no way that happened and then he proceeded to try to admit that there were no cats on my car (there were). Go figure, that's what he pulled me over for in the first place. When I told him he was welcome to get under the car and check, he told me to have a nice day.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
I have always wondered about if you drive a car legal in one state into another state where that amount of tinting is illegal. Can they fine you for it?
Well I guess I was wrong haha. I did a bit of research on this and yes you can get pulled over and get a fine even if its legal in your state and not the one your passing through or visiting. But one can fight the ticket with the judge and explain its legal in your state. Seems sh***y to me, why would one drive all the way back to that state just to fight the ticket.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack14GT View Post
It is most certainly legal if they have a legitimate reasonable suspicion (i.e. drug odor, visible drugs, suspicion of intoxication, visible weapons, and the list goes on and on and on...) Are you under the impression that if a cop sees a crack pipe on your back seat that he has no right to search your car if you don't give him consent? You guys are just doling out very bad information.
I agree with you on this IF the cop has suspicion of any illegal activity he has the right to search without consent, its his right.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
A lot of cops are in the business of profiling. They see the stigma of young car enthusiasts and they will profile you. Just like they profile minorities, and known Drug addicts in a community. They'll pull you over just to see what they can find. Just like NY's old Random searches on the streets. Sadly, a great portion of police officers are power hungry former high school jocks with personality disorders Looking for easy pickings. Sometimes you'll encounter these jackasses and you just know he pulled you over to search the car.

My first Experience being pulled over was when I was 19. It was around 6:30 am, and the sun was just over the horizon. I had a Cook county (Chicago) Sheriff well in front of me and I was cruising casually on my way to class on like a tuesday. He was at least an 1/8 mile ahead of me, and he starts slowing way down. When I get near, he pulls off to the side of the road into a turn lane, and As i pass him, he whips out of the turn lane and starts to follow me. Like right in my bumper. Followed me for about a mile before he flipped his lights on. Comes up to the car, shines his flashlight right in my face. (Keep in mind it is Daylight) he orders me to shut the car off, and demands to me to tell him why my brights were on. Like in a really nasty tone. Around this same time, 2 more Cook County Sheriffs come speeding up and join the first officer. They come up to the side of my car and while officer number 1 is making me flip my brights on and off, the other officers are doing an outside visual search of my car. They were very interested in my sleeve of knives in the back seat. (At the time i was in culinary school and had a set of chef knives in a leather sleeve) so as I'm explaining to Officer number one that it's impossible for my high beams to be on, because my high beam switch was broken. (Could only use them by holding the switch, it wouldn't stay on by itself.) The other officers start questioning me about that sleeve they see. So I ask them, "Am i Being ticketed or detained? Or Am i free to go?" They still want to know whats in the sleeve but tell me, no you're not. Well, when i'm wearing a chefs coat, hat, and houndstooth pants, not too hard to figure out what might be in that sleeve. So I said, if i'm not being Detained or ticketed, Am i free to go? And i swear to god, officer 1 comes up to my window and says, "Get your fuc*king lights fixed." And they all walked back to their cars and left. So I know how it is to deal with crappy cops, out for an easy target. No doubt in my mind, they were out to ruin someones day that morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Carlite....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Rolling down doesn't always work. I was pulled over and taken out of my car, Handcuffed for no reason... When they couldn't find anything to charge me with, They stuck their hand into my window and rolled it up then gave me a ticket for tinted window to save their asses... I had 35% tint. This is why everyone hates LAPD... This is also why I'm going to get 5% tint this time. I removed the 35% to clear the ticket, But if I'm going to get ticketed for tint, Might as well get the one I want. so 5% it is.
Carlite is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). OEM windshields fit best and, when installed properly, help maintain the performance and structural integrity of your vehicle. Carlite replacement glass meets automaker requirements for size, shape, thickness, strength and visual clarity for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle glass.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Windshield Tint or stripe Tint? Saintsone Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 73 11-13-2013 09:08 PM
What you think? Tint or no tint? Tonyj 2011-2014 Mustang GT 17 04-24-2013 03:47 AM
HID Legality Coltonhess General Mustang Discussion 23 03-22-2013 07:22 PM
another window tint question bradh2414 General Car Discussion 11 06-16-2011 07:56 PM
Tint on back window lowflyn Mustang Audio & Video 10 11-09-2003 01:05 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.