2008 GT Appearance Mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2008 GT Appearance Mods?

Hey, everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm new here but here it goes.

So, I've had my 2008 GT since November 2012. Until now, the only mods I have done are MUSTANG GT white rocker stripes as well as a few minor satin trim things on the interior.

Anyways, I have recently gotten a mod bug in the last few weeks and want to start making my mustang a hobby instead of just a nice car. I am a full time college student with a part time job, so upgrades will be a long, slow process.

Anyways, I just ordered a chrome fuel door with black mustang lettering from American Muscle. The next thing I plan to order (probably when I get my next paycheck) are quarter window louvers.

So, any cool appearance mod suggestions for you great mustang people?

I am pretty much going for a retro look (I love 60s-early70s mustangs) but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks!

The attachment I posted is what she currently looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CoreysMustang.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	165266  
meantang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
That mod bug is a pain in the *** that won't go away lol. Just go to american muscle and look at exterior styling to get an idea of what you like

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Window tint for sure,.shorty antenna, and upgrade to led everything license plate lights, tail lights etc etc

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Carid..com is a good place for bright aftermarket lighting subtle but effective changes

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Have fun and kiss the wallet goodbye
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I have put together a list of things I want the most. Of course, I want more than what's on this list but this is what I realistically expect to be able to get in the next 6 months or so.

Exterior:
1. MMD Chrome Billet Aluminum Fuel Door w/ Mustang Lettering (already ordered)
2. MMD Quarter Window Louvers Pre-Painted
3. Sequential tail lights (haven't decided if I want new tail lights altogether or just sequential)
4. Brake Light Chrome Dress Up Kit
5. Side Scoop (Not positive on whether or not I want this yet)
6. MMD Retro Mirrors

Interior:
1. Modern Billet Satin Window Switch Plates w/Mustang Lettering
2. Modern Billet Satin Shifter Bezel (Automatic)

Eventually I also want to get some basic performance upgrades such as a CAI and a tuner but I am in no hurry for these.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by meantang View Post
Hey, everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm new here but here it goes.

So, I've had my 2008 GT since November 2012. Until now, the only mods I have done are MUSTANG GT white rocker stripes as well as a few minor satin trim things on the interior.

Anyways, I have recently gotten a mod bug in the last few weeks and want to start making my mustang a hobby instead of just a nice car. I am a full time college student with a part time job, so upgrades will be a long, slow process.

Anyways, I just ordered a chrome fuel door with black mustang lettering from American Muscle. The next thing I plan to order (probably when I get my next paycheck) are quarter window louvers.

So, any cool appearance mod suggestions for you great mustang people?

I am pretty much going for a retro look (I love 60s-early70s mustangs) but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks!

The attachment I posted is what she currently looks like.
Quote:

I have put together a list of things I want the most. Of course, I want more than what's on this list but this is what I realistically expect to be able to get in the next 6 months or so.

Exterior:
3. Sequential tail lights (haven't decided if I want new tail lights altogether or just sequential)
6. MMD Retro Mirrors

Interior:
1. Modern Billet Satin Window Switch Plates w/Mustang Lettering
2. Modern Billet Satin Shifter Bezel (Automatic)

Eventually I also want to get some basic performance upgrades such as a CAI and a tuner but I am in no hurry for these.

^ This is a great list! That will make for a really nice Mustang.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Take your time with your Mustang. There is no rush! It's great to see the passion you have towards the hobby.

Keep up the great work! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Take your time with your Mustang. There is no rush! It's great to see the passion you have towards the hobby.

Keep up the great work! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Thanks man! My fuel door arrived yesterday. I'm going to put it on on Friday. I'm so excited haha.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

-Dan
The price of the fuel door that I just got THIS WEEK is now 55$ cheaper than what I paid for it. This sucks.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Exterior:
6. MMD Retro Mirrors
-Definitely, retro mirrors are a must.
-If you're going retro for taillights, I'd say get LED ones with sequentials and throw some chrome trim around them
*but really I prefer the Gen 5 smoked ones (I'm doing a lot of retro pieces too but these taillights are just dramatically sexier IMO)
-Just bought both the Eleanor scoops and the louvers and I prefer the louvers; the scoops stuck out a little too far for me.
-Also I just bought the MMD side scoops (not the ones meant to blend in with the fender) but the more retro styled ones.

Also if the price dropped so soon on your fuel door, ask them if they can give you some credit.
trigga415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing