croftgate users, i need some advice. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
croftgate users, i need some advice.

Ok i used Chadwicks triple play and it rained and when it dried it left a ton of waterspots on my car. i switched to croftgate and i have the Aquanil-X. i used and orange pad and meguires ultimate compound and with one pass got out all waterspots. Then i washed car with dawn to get a clean slate to start with. I applied Aquanil-X and car looked great. Here is where i need some opinions/advice. After i applied it and buffed it off i went inside. The sun came out and beat down on the car for about an hour. When i went back out side i noticed it looked like the product hazed up again. i just wiped it again with a micro fiber and the haze came right off. Any ideas of why this happened? Also should i be using project-x and quick n slick or Aquanil-X and quick n slick? I have a black car and it is a pain in my ***. Thanks for any advice or help you can give.
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmmmmm. No one?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have never used any of the croftgate products, but what you're describing is quite a common problem.

I guess have a paint sealant coating on your car, and the hazing you see is because it's not allowing aquanil to stick to the paint surface. Why? Because I'm pretty sure aquanil has 'synthetic polymers' in it, which wouldn't stick to the sealant coating you have underneath. And hence the hazing, which in fact is leftover product once it dries up.

Solution: try using a quick detailer without sealant properties in it. So wash your car, wax it, and then buff it off with a spray detailer. My recommendation would be optimum gloss enhancer. It comes as a concentrate for 20 bucks (32 oz dilutes to a galon).
I used to have exact same hazing problem as you, switched over to this guy and voila!! It leaves behind a just waxed warm look, even if you use it right after washing your car

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I use the croftgate products and only see what you are explaining when:
1. I simply miss wiping off some of the Aquanil. My car is SGM and sometimes I overlook some of the product especially the longer I look at the car

2. The microfiber cloth I use to wipe off the haze already has the product on it (I have a huge bag of them that all need to be washed now so sometimes I accidentally grab one that I already used previously)

3. Although they say you can apply their product in direct sun, my experience has proven otherwise. ANY time I apply in direct sun I get spots of haze that I cannot wipe off (they just keep coming back like you said). I end up using their multi cleaner to remove the haze and then reapply the Aquanil in the shade of my garage.

Hopefully this helps?!?!
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I have and will never apply it in the sun. Just can't bring myself to do it. I only use clean microfiber towels and I only wash them in hot water with no detergent and no fabric softener. I think my problem is that the product is reacting to the Maguires I used to buff the hood before I applied Crofgate products. Crofgate is reacting to the petroleum in the other product.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
Ok i used Chadwicks triple play and it rained and when it dried it left a ton of waterspots on my car. i switched to croftgate and i have the Aquanil-X. i used and orange pad and meguires ultimate compound and with one pass got out all waterspots. Then i washed car with dawn to get a clean slate to start with. I applied Aquanil-X and car looked great. Here is where i need some opinions/advice. After i applied it and buffed it off i went inside. The sun came out and beat down on the car for about an hour. When i went back out side i noticed it looked like the product hazed up again. i just wiped it again with a micro fiber and the haze came right off. Any ideas of why this happened? Also should i be using project-x and quick n slick or Aquanil-X and quick n slick? I have a black car and it is a pain in my ***. Thanks for any advice or help you can give.
please don't ever use dawn on you car. are you crazy?!?!?
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Dawn will take all protection off the car.

When I first started using "ZAINO" they suggested washing the Corvette with Dawn to remove any wax or anything on the paint.

This is NOT necessary with Croftgate products.

I just use the Aquanil X ( if the car is not way to dirty) If it is too filthy I wash it using Zaino car wash. ( Any good quality car wash soap would be just as good)NOT DISH DETERGENT McGuires or Mothers would be fine.

Then I put on some Project-X
My last step is Quick n Slick which has a lot of UV protection and make the paint sooooo smooth that nothing will stick to it. Not even our Florida "LOVE-BUGS"

My Mustang is so slippery I have a heck of a time putting my cover on or taking it off because it just wants to slide off the car.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said. I am in touch with one of the owners or Crofgate.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Look into Adams Waterless wash and rinseless wash. I have not tried them yet personally but i will be soon. The Rinseless wash you can dilute 1oz product to 15oz water and basically have the waterless wash. Or if you want it extra slippery do 2 oz per 14oz ( 16 oz containers) If you break down the cost to make the bottles of waterless wash after it is diluted you are paying around $4 per 16 oz bottle.

Croftgate is good, i used their sample pack, but the idea of being able to just spray it on a super dirty car and wipe it off without getting swirl marks, as much as people testify for it, i just can't get behind that idea unless i have the opti-coat on my paint.

What i plan to do is have it diluted in a spray bottle, saturate the area, and then run by the panel using the bucket with the rinseless wash (which i fill up in my sink in my room).

They are having a 15% off sale right now also.

Adam's All New Rinseless Wash!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Croftgate has a wash and wax product that works well on really dirty or just a little dirty car. It's a capful into a gallon of water. While on and while off with clean microfiber cloth. Works great. Look it up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing