Ruined - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Yup they are, i clean my car first, clay bar it, use quick and sleek and top it off with project x to get that wet glossy look with the car, i clay bar my car at least once every 3 months or when its out from hibernation other than that i touch it up with just quick and sleek and project x..
Wow, you clay bar the car every 3 months? I really didn't think a car needed to be clay bar every three months. I'm familiar with once a year and maybe even twice a year but I never heard to do it every 3 months. Lol.

How much contamination can your car have on it's paint if it's being protected by the quick and slick. The quick and slick should be protecting the paint from contaminants sticking and attaching itself to the paint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Wow, you clay bar the car every 3 months? I really didn't think a car needed to be clay bar every three months. I'm familiar with once a year and maybe even twice a year but I never heard to do it every 3 months. Lol.

How much contamination can your car have on it's paint if it's being protected by the quick and slick. The quick and slick should be protecting the paint from contaminants sticking and attaching itself to the paint.

Thats how i like my car, i want it to be shiny all the time lol... but in all seriousness i clay bay it every 3 months i know its over the top but i like cleaning it and keeping it clean all the time, theres nothing like a shiny car in the road.

Once i use this products its very easy to clay bar them and it wont take me to much time, tops would be 2 1.5 hours with a beer on my hand and this is on a sunny sunday afternoon when i have nothing to do.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats how i like my car, i want it to be shiny all the time lol... but in all seriousness i clay bay it every 3 months i know its over the top but i like cleaning it and keeping it clean all the time, theres nothing like a shiny car in the road.

Once i use this products its very easy to clay bar them and it wont take me to much time, tops would be 2 1.5 hours with a beer on my hand and this is on a sunny sunday afternoon when i have nothing to do.
I too love a shiny clean car but I will only clay my car once a year. Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I too love a shiny clean car but I will only clay my car once a year. Lol

Speaking of claying, does it hurt if i over do it? like damaging the paint or something. Im OCD when it comes to my car specially cleaning them, my interior still looks brand new and not a spec of trash anywhere.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Speaking of claying, does it hurt if i over do it? like damaging the paint or something. Im OCD when it comes to my car specially cleaning them, my interior still looks brand new and not a spec of trash anywhere.
Bit of overkill, yeah. Lol. Hurt paint, Not at all. With the quick and slick you shouldn't even have the contaminants on the paint to begin with being that it protects the paint. I would think.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I went 6 months between Claus and there was barely anything on my clay when I was done. Proper maintenance should prevent contamination

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I went 6 months between Claus and there was barely anything on my clay when I was done. Proper maintenance should prevent contamination

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I was thinking the same thing. How could someone have any real build up of contamination on paint if someone is regularly waxing or sealing it. Thats the idea behind waxing and or sealing. To prevent contaminents from laying on the paint. The wax and sealant is a barrier .

Old 03-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Bit of overkill, yeah. Lol. Hurt paint, Not at all. With the quick and slick you shouldn't even have the contaminants on the paint to begin with being that it protects the paint. I would think.

Well said and great post by all of you.

GTYUP 2011 Grabber Blue GT

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Helps to keep them covered too.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing