Adams Polishes Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Adams Polishes Review

Ok so i finally got around to using the products today. First thing i can say is WOW! Their Rinsless Wash worked better than the regular car soap i used to use. Without needing a hose and that whole mess this was so much easier. I'm definitely never going to use a hose again, maybe to bust the dirt loose initially, but then after that its all rinse-less wash from there. When i used the rinseless i also sprayed down the panel with the waterless wash first just to help the lubricity to not induce swirls. After the first wipe i could already tell i was going to really like it.

And the Deep Wheel Cleaner was amazing, and it was awesome seeing it turn purple, was kind of tricky not using a hose for that since i would have to use rinseless wash on it afterward and some of the DWL would stay inside the lug nut area. Only tricky thing about it. The Lug nut brush worked well, and actually i did the entire wheel with just that little brush, worked pretty well compared to big and bulky brushes.

After all that I waxed it. I have a nearly new thing of Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax so i used that with the red hex grip applicator, in the past i've used microfiber discs and the hex grip applicator actually made it a lot easier to apply evenly and thin. With the microfiber discs it would always go on too thick and uneven and be a PITA to remove. Not this time.

Next is the tire shine. The last stuff i used was Turtle Jet Black shine, it has a black tint to it so it was kind of delicate with working around the lip of the wheel. As for darkness the Adams stuff worked really well, was nice and deep looking. I guess the only test right now is to see how long it lasts.

The Detail Spray is also some of the better stuff i've used, only used the All Purpose Cleaner for the interior so far, did it at night so i couldn't see the true results, but it seemed like it worked pretty well.

I know i kind of sound like i'm preaching right now. The products are a bit more expensive than most, but i really do think it is worth it. I'm regretting waiting so long before i actually tried them out. We all have our own products which work really well for us, i think i found the ones who work really well for me.

Links to the products:

Adam's All New Rinseless Wash!

Best Detail Spray | Quick Detailer | Car Detailing Supply

Waterless Car Wash | Auto Detail | Car Detailing Products

Deep Wheel Cleaner | Brake Dust Remover | Color Change Wheel Cleaner

All Purpose Cleaner For Cars | Auto Detailing Products

Car Detailing Supplies | Trim and Lug Nut Brush

Wax Applicator and Glaze Applicator | Car Detailing Supplies

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011167.575209.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	927.6 KB
ID:	167714

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011176.452078.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	953.7 KB
ID:	167715

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011186.517308.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	167716

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011195.137029.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	975.6 KB
ID:	167717

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011204.373638.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	167718

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011248.126610.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	167719

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011270.555525.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	924.1 KB
ID:	167720

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413011289.875065.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	821.7 KB
ID:	167721

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 10-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
For tire shine, I use Opti-bond. It gives it a nice matte clean look. Like fresh tires without the greasy look. It also works to restore black plastics. For that, it's only temporary, but anything else is the same unless it has dyes.

I was actually surprised, my local Advance Auto has an Adam's product kiosk now. First time I've seen them in big box stores.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
For tire shine, I use Opti-bond. It gives it a nice matte clean look. Like fresh tires without the greasy look. It also works to restore black plastics. For that, it's only temporary, but anything else is the same unless it has dyes.

I was actually surprised, my local Advance Auto has an Adam's product kiosk now. First time I've seen them in big box stores.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I was pretty surprised about the tire shine myself. For being a really thin yellow liquid it make them super deep looking, not overly shiny though. One thing I've heard that most people don't like about it is that you want to give it 12 hours or so before driving it or else it will sling.

They have a product specifically for Vinyl, Rubber and Trim (called VRT) which I hear is really good. All their containers are the same size and shape which is really convenient when storing them.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing