Choices for tri-bar grille emblems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Choices for tri-bar grille emblems

So I recently just purchased a CS6 grille (without fogs) and I'm thinking about throwing an off-center tri-bar on it a la 1969. I thought I'd show the differences in a few emblems in case anyone didn't know they had options.

I checked a few places and the most commonly offered emblem is figure a. simple and classic. This style was used on the '66 Sheblys and also on Mustangs from '71-'73.

3D Carbon began offering fig b. when the S197s rolled around and although you probably wouldn't be able to see the black plastic housing on a black grille, it just didn't look good enough for me.

I began checking for restoration pieces and I found fig c. and d. the first was used on the '69 and I like the added frame around the traditional tri-bar but then I found fig d.

Fig d. was used on the 1970s and like '69 had the same extra surround but had no filler between that and the original emblem. I decided to get this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4emblem.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	168304   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0128.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	429.9 KB
ID:	168305  

trigga415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
That looks good but it's gigantic, does it fit?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have "a" on my AM billet grille on my 13'. I also have "d" at home on my workbench. The "d" I got was a drake emblem and the red white and blue piece was a separate insert I was able to slide out from behind the horse. I painted the emblem black and clear coated it and then replaced the rwb piece. The shafts on the back of the 69 emblem were waaaay too short to fit on my grille and required me to fab up a custom bracket to mount it on my grille. It is also very tall compared to "a" and doesn't allow for that much spacing between the top and bottom edges of the grille.
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
That looks good but it's gigantic, does it fit?
Haha, I know it looks gigantic in the photo (probably just the perspective angle) but it's really the size you'd expect it to be. Yeah, it fits.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
The shafts on the back of the 69 emblem were waaaay too short to fit on my grille and required me to fab up a custom bracket to mount it on my grille. It is also very tall compared to "a" and doesn't allow for that much spacing between the top and bottom edges of the grille.
Yeah, luckily I have an '06 so my grille is taller and the emblem fits nicely. Also the CS6 grille I just bought is very thin (but also metal) so it totally clears through the back.

Glad you're fabbing though, that means you're making something truly unique which is admirable in the Stang game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing