What do you guys use other than armour all? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Recently bought Lucas Slick Mist. Really like it better than the other brands I've tried.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #37

Region: Georgia
Honda spray polish sold at Any motorcycle dealer. This stuff is awesome for paint leather rubber and glass. Best kept secret people ask me all the time what I use too keep my car so clean.
mpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Recently bought Lucas Slick Mist. Really like it better than the other brands I've tried.

Just wondering what the other brands were they you didn't like as much? Helps people when trying to decide. For example, I have been real happy with 303 Aerospace, but I have no idea if that is one you tried but still liked Lucas Slick Mist more.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I had never heard of the Lucas product until I read about it here in the forum. What I was saying is I like every Lucas Oil product I have ever tried. I use their spray on wax that comes in a blue bottle, I use it in the place of spray detailed, I just mist it on a large area and use a NEW microfiber towel to spread it out until it is dry then turn the towel over and lightly wipe over it until any streaks are gone.
I do use the 303 product and have been using it for about three years and very much like it.
Garrell
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Great stuff for quick spray and wax.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Agree 100%
Old 12-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Adams Polishes stuff

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Don't doubt it but just never tried their products before.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeedracer View Post
Don't doubt it but just never tried their products before.

Super easy to use and amazing results.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I mentioned Novus because they were the first company with a plastic polish on the market, in 1973. It's only when their patent expired in 1993 that all of the copycats started to flood the market. (Armor-All is a completely different product) Back in the days of pinball and video arcade machines, it was the only thing anyone used to keep their machines in top condition.

That the stuff is about $5 a bottle is a big plus. It's also good for fiberglass, clearcoats, plastics of all types, computer screens, and so on. The #2 also buffs out scratches on CDs and gets curb rash off of rims quite well.

http://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Pla.../dp/B002UCYRZU
The whole kit for about the price of one bottle of the competitors products.

Note that the #3 is basically the same as polishing compound. The only time I've ever used it was for actual curb rash and dings in my dad's car. Also, if you don['t use a microfiber cloth or press too hard, the grit in the #2 will cause new scratches. #1 has zero grit and comes in a spray bottle. I've used it since day 1 on my car's plastic lenses every 2-4 weeks and they have zero weathering or fading.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Just wondering what the other brands were they you didn't like as much? Helps people when trying to decide. For example, I have been real happy with 303 Aerospace, but I have no idea if that is one you tried but still liked Lucas Slick Mist more.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
I ve tried Meguiars,Armour All,Mothers, Turtle wax,And a couple other Ar. All type products, but the Lucas (white bottle with black label is the best I've used. To be honest though I've never treied 303.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Is Novus # 2 good for Jock Itch?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Aero 303 is what I use. I love it and has s matte finish.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Croftgare USA products are the best I have ever used

Check out
Welcome to CROFTGATEUSA.com - Waterless Car Wash Product and Auto Detailing Products

On the top is a click for their products. All good stuff. I used to use "ZAINO" and it was good but I discovered the Croftgate products at a car event and it was so much better I threw the Zaino away.

They make all of the stuff you will need. Interior and exterior products.
NO !-- I do not work for or sell Croftgate products but I sure like using them.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Check out
Welcome to CROFTGATEUSA.com - Waterless Car Wash Product and Auto Detailing Products

On the top is a click for their products. All good stuff. I used to use "ZAINO" and it was good but I discovered the Croftgate products at a car event and it was so much better I threw the Zaino away.

They make all of the stuff you will need. Interior and exterior products.
NO !-- I do not work for or sell Croftgate products but I sure like using them.
Ronnie
Ronnie, Croftgate is awesome. Look what the Croftgate Elves brought me. Ha ha. Superior cleaning products.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417965603498.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	171207  
Old 12-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

And it ain't even Christmas yet !!!!!!!!!

The only problem I have found with the Quick& Slicki IS:

It makes my Mustang sooooo slippery I have a hard time putting my cover on or taking it off because all it wants to do is slide off the car.

The good thing is, Nothing really sticks to the car.
Ronnie
Old 12-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only problem I have found with the Quick& Slicki IS:

It makes my Mustang sooooo slippery I have a hard time putting my cover on or taking it off because all it wants to do is slide off the car.

The good thing is, Nothing really sticks to the car.
Ronnie
I did my Quick and Slick treatment last week and you are soooo right. Leaves the paint very slippery and slick. When they say quick and slick. Its true to that name. Ha ha ha

Croftgate is the real deal
Old 12-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Did you ever hear of the "FLORIDA LOVE_BUG??????

A couple of time a year we have a swarm of bugs known as the "LOVE_BUG" In some places they are really thick and millions of them to drive through.
If you leave them on your paint, The acid in their body's will eat right through the paint if you don't wash the car real soon.
I started using the Zaino products because with a coat of Zaino the bugs would come off a whole lot easier then just using wax.

I find that using the Quick & Slick from Croftgate not as many of the bugs stick. The one's that do come off pretty easy.

I use this on all parts of my Mustang which includes the Black plastic parts, The headlight and tail light covers and all of the window glass. Of course I use it on my wheels but I spray it on a rag and not spray right on the wheel because I don't want to get it on a rotor disc.

This stuff is great for UV protection. Especially on a RED CANDY car like mine.
Ronnie
Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Croftgate on my tires, wheels and plastic interior and exterior trim.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1418100590881.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	171366   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418100639012.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	171367  

Name:	1418100650843.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	171368   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418100665083.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	171369  

Name:	1418100677223.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	171370   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418100688330.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	171371  

Name:	1418100699359.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	171372  
Old 12-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Far too shiny for my personal tastes. The Opti-bond leaves a nice clean matte finish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Far too shiny for my personal tastes. The Opti-bond leaves a nice clean matte finish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

+1

That's why I like 303 Aerospace. Factory matte finish.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:53 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'll bet it is not as shiny as it looks

Taking a picture with a "FLASH" gives the illusion of shiny. I use the stuff on my black plastic and it sure ain't shiny in real life.

My rear panel as well as my tail light trim are FLAT MATT BLACK The flash sure made them look gloss black in the picture. It is the same way with 2011 Kona Blue's pictures.

Living here in Florida I have a Dash carpet cover on my Mustang. It will turn faded way before my dash will.

Ronnie
Old 12-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Taking a picture with a "FLASH" gives the illusion of shiny. I use the stuff on my black plastic and it sure ain't shiny in real life.

My rear panel as well as my tail light trim are FLAT MATT BLACK The flash sure made them look gloss black in the picture. It is the same way with GrabberMeBlue's pictures.

Ronnie
Ronnie, You're so right. Its actually not that shinny but the plastics are a deep rich black. Not that dull grayish looking black. It may not be for everyone that nice deep rich look. Different strokes for different folks. Croftgate is amazing.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My rear panel as well as my tail light trim are FLAT MATT BLACK The flash sure made them look gloss black in the picture. It is the same way with 2011 Kona Blue's pictures.

Living here in Florida I have a Dash carpet cover on my Mustang. It will turn faded way before my dash will.

Ronnie
These two pictures were taken today with my car in the garage and the garage door open. I turned off my flash. You can still see the beautiful dark rich black in color of the plastic panel and that is from Croftgate tire shine. The stiff is amazing, all Eco friendly, no sling and actually conditions the rubber and plastics to keep that dark color longer. The more you use the product the longer the plastic and tires will hold there dark black color.

The worst is cleaning the entire car and having all your plastic trim pieces look dull and dirty. That grayish color black and looks horrible after you spent hours cleaning the whole car.

I actually missed the very bottom underside part of the trim and if you look you can see the huge difference between the treated plastic and non treated plastic. 😎
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1418175167561.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	171471   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418175184889.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	171472  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing