Croftgate detailing products. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Croftgate detailing products.

Just ordered some Croftgate detailing products and man after talking with people and seeing their results, I'm a believer in this stuff. I mean holy cow. This person who I have been communicating with owns this black 2008 Mustang Gt. Its her daily driver, has 91k plus miles on it, has owned it three years, car sat outside for the entire 3 years 24-7, 365 days and was parked under a tree. This owner tells me her car has never been clay bar since she has owned it and never has it seen a DA polisher on it.

The results on her car are solely from Croftgate waterless wash and wax and then followed up with its Quick and Slick.

The black car is the owner who I had communicated with and some other cars using Croftgate. Look at these results. Look how the paint looks like its dripping in colored oil. The color has deepth and almost popping out at you. I'm blown away by how this product makes ones paint look.

I'll be sure to give a write up in detail when I get my Croftgate detailing products and pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416445207760.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	169963   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416445222435.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	169964  

Name:	1416445235914.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	169965   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416445250114.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	169966  

Name:	1416445261420.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	169967   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416445271664.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	169968  

Name:	1416445283264.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	169969  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Interesting, I just saw those pics recently on Facebook and posted these lmao.

Croftgate is good stuff, I did use it before and worked well. But what works well for some people may not work well for others and vice Versa.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416445350.985513.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	169970

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416445398.116141.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	169971

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I used croftgate for 3 years now and I use there aquanil x, project x and quick and slick. I love there products and make your car looks sleek and wet looking and you'll be done in 30 mins.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Here's with croftgate shine for a month without washing my stang.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1416445980969.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	169972  
Old 11-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Interesting, I just saw those pics recently on Facebook and posted these lmao.

Croftgate is good stuff, I did use it before and worked well. But what works well for some people may not work well for others and vice Versa.

Attachment 169970
Attachment 169971

Hey Andrew,
Yes Sir. You saw them on Lethal Mustangs. You commented back how you had tried Croftgate and you honestly liked Adams better.

Your car also looks real nice too. That's amazing how that one owner can have her car looking that perfect and the car sits outside 24-7, 365 days a year and be a daily driver.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I used croftgate for 3 years now and I use there aquanil x, project x and quick and slick. I love there products and make your car looks sleek and wet looking and you'll be done in 30 mins.

Wow man, your car looks amazing especially after no wash for a month. I just orderd a gallon of the Aquanil X and a 32 oz bottle of quick and slick. The owner was raving about that quick and slick. She says it protects the car from the pollutants and stuff sticking onto your paint.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Yea it's like a spray wax. It is super slick. I did like it a lot

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hey Andrew,
Yes Sir. You saw them on Lethal Mustangs. You commented back how you had tried Croftgate and you honestly liked Adams better.

Your car also looks real nice too. That's amazing how that one owner can have her car looking that perfect and the car sits outside 24-7, 365 days a year and be a daily driver.

The products were good. The main thing I like about Adams is the versatility of all of it. You can mix products for certain purposes and they work well on just about everything, not just cars.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow man, your car looks amazing especially after no wash for a month. I just orderd a gallon of the Aquanil X and a 32 oz bottle of quick and slick. The owner was raving about that quick and slick. She says it protects the car from the pollutants and stuff sticking onto your paint.
Thanks man, this is the only stuff I use, use quick and slick after aquanil x to give its shine more.. I used project x for darker color car which will be perfect for your car. It's amazing cos dust will just slides off easily and water just beads off.. I got my stuff from GTTYUP he used to be here but not anymore.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Thanks man, this is the only stuff I use, use quick and slick after aquanil x to give its shine more.. I used project x for darker color car which will be perfect for your car. It's amazing cos dust will just slides off easily and water just beads off.. I got my stuff from GTTYUP he used to be here but not anymore.

I will try project X at a later date. I hear its great for darker colored cars. They also make a wash and wax you pour a cap full into a gallon of water. One cap full and gallon is enough to wash 4 cars. Its the same stuff as the Anaquil X spray and wax only used with gallon of water.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will try project X at a later date. I hear its great for darker colored cars. They also make a wash and wax you pour a cap full into a gallon of water. One cap full and gallon is enough to wash 4 cars. Its the same stuff as the Anaquil X spray and wax only used with gallon of water.
Yup your right.. I got the sample pack before and used it, it lasted me for a while.. Hit me up if you're ready to buy the project x I will email GTTYUP and hook you up.. And he will include there microfiber for free.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
So, what's the wash process exactly with these things? You just spray it from bottle to car, rub in, wipe off with clean towel? Wouldn't this promote swirling or scratches?

I'd love to try this as it would be extremely useful to keep my car clean under my current restrictions. Anyone have a quick/detailed process on how this works? I'm all ears!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
So, what's the wash process exactly with these things? You just spray it from bottle to car, rub in, wipe off with clean towel? Wouldn't this promote swirling or scratches?

I'd love to try this as it would be extremely useful to keep my car clean under my current restrictions. Anyone have a quick/detailed process on how this works? I'm all ears!
My exact thoughts too bro. You spray on the car, wipe off with micro fiber towel. Then use second micro fiber towel to dry off. I'm told the complete opposite as your thinking because I thought the same thing. The product gets rid of rain spots, swirls and oxidation marks all while not scratching the surface of the paint. I was told you could easily clean the whole car in 30 minutes give or take.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
My exact thoughts too bro. You spray on the car, wipe off with micro fiber towel. Then use second micro fiber towel to dry off. I'm told the complete opposite as your thinking because I thought the same thing. The product gets rid of rain spots, swirls and oxidation marks all while not scratching the surface of the paint. I was told you could easily clean the whole car in 30 minutes give or take.

Remember you still do want to go through the process of wiping on different sides that are not dirty to not reintroduce scratches. Since there is no grit guard wash being used I'd use 2-3 clean microfibers usually when I do my car.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Takes me 30-45 minutes. But I also still do the whole only wiping in straight lines and switching sides of the microfiber. The products are good but you can never be too careful still.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Soccerluvr4, what was your step by step with the croftgate products, if you don't mind. Or if you've already posted about it somewhere else, could you link it for me?

Which product(s) did you use and what order. Did you have to 'prep' your car before starting with any of the croftgate related products or can you jump right in with what they have to offer.

I'm still confused by the fact that you can spray it on a dirty car, wipe it(how's the dirt thats on the car not ruining everything), then take a clean side and buff it.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Soccerluvr4, what was your step by step with the croftgate products, if you don't mind. Or if you've already posted about it somewhere else, could you link it for me?

Which product(s) did you use and what order. Did you have to 'prep' your car before starting with any of the croftgate related products or can you jump right in with what they have to offer.

I'm still confused by the fact that you can spray it on a dirty car, wipe it(how's the dirt thats on the car not ruining everything), then take a clean side and buff it.

Well the only products of croftgate I used were the little starter pack. I use mostly Adams products, which is pretty similar. I'm working right now, but I'm off in 45 minutes so I'll find one of the links where I did a step by step. If it slows down I may be able to do it sooner. I may actually just write up an entire guide

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Ok, so when it comes to waterless wash like Croftgate or any other brand. Yes it is pretty much just spray a bunch on and the wipe it off.

The products contain waxes and polymers that loosen up the grime and lift it off the paint when you wipe it off, they also leave a protective coating to help in the future.

You don't want to just spray and wipe randomly with force. You still want to tackle it in a sophisticated manner.

1. Saturate the entire area, make sure you really spray it down, don't be cheap or you will swirl up the paint.

2. Wipe in straight line motions, i only do 2 swipes per side of the microfiber. One where it is fully flat, that will get most of the grime you pick up on the edge, then another pass with part of it lifted, that will get the grime toward the other side. Then flip over or fold it again a different way, this reduces the changes of putting that dirt back onto the paint and swirling it up. Also, you don't need much pressure, if you put too much pressure it'll push that dirt into the paint and scratch. Once you are done with that panel, go back with a clean microfiber and wipe off the remaining.

It is a pretty easy process, Water plus product is always going to mean better lubrication, so that is ultimately the safer way, which is why i do rinseless wash. It is essentially the same thing as washing a car normally, but without hosing it down at all, take the microfiber from the bucket with the solution, ring it out a little so its not dripping, then wipe down the panel in the same exact motions i mentioned before. I like this method better. Since it is rinseless wash you don't need to hose the car down for that method, or rinse it off after you wipe it down with the solution, just wipe it off.

The nice thing about both of these is that you can do it panel by panel, you don't have to worry about doing the entire thing before the water on the car dries. I no longer am sweating after cleaning my car from rushing to do it before i get water spots. I just fill my bucket in the shower, grab my travel detail bag and head out to the car. Great for someone like me who has to park outside in the parking lot at school with no access to a hose or anything.

This is where i get my products from. Adam's Polishes | Premium Car Care Supplies

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, so when it comes to waterless wash like Croftgate or any other brand. Yes it is pretty much just spray a bunch on and the wipe it off.

The products contain waxes and polymers that loosen up the grime and lift it off the paint when you wipe it off, they also leave a protective coating to help in the future.

You don't want to just spray and wipe randomly with force. You still want to tackle it in a sophisticated manner.

1. Saturate the entire area, make sure you really spray it down, don't be cheap or you will swirl up the paint.

2. Wipe in straight line motions, i only do 2 swipes per side of the microfiber. One where it is fully flat, that will get most of the grime you pick up on the edge, then another pass with part of it lifted, that will get the grime toward the other side. Then flip over or fold it again a different way, this reduces the changes of putting that dirt back onto the paint and swirling it up. Also, you don't need much pressure, if you put too much pressure it'll push that dirt into the paint and scratch. Once you are done with that panel, go back with a clean microfiber and wipe off the remaining.

It is a pretty easy process, Water plus product is always going to mean better lubrication, so that is ultimately the safer way, which is why i do rinseless wash. It is essentially the same thing as washing a car normally, but without hosing it down at all, take the microfiber from the bucket with the solution, ring it out a little so its not dripping, then wipe down the panel in the same exact motions i mentioned before. I like this method better. Since it is rinseless wash you don't need to hose the car down for that method, or rinse it off after you wipe it down with the solution, just wipe it off.

The nice thing about both of these is that you can do it panel by panel, you don't have to worry about doing the entire thing before the water on the car dries. I no longer am sweating after cleaning my car from rushing to do it before i get water spots. I just fill my bucket in the shower, grab my travel detail bag and head out to the car. Great for someone like me who has to park outside in the parking lot at school with no access to a hose or anything.

This is where i get my products from. Adam's Polishes | Premium Car Care Supplies
Excellant write up bro and thank you for the tips. If I may add, I think the rinseless wash is great as well. As you explained with Croftgate you just add a cap ful of the wash and wax solution in a gallon of water. Dip the microfiber towel in the water and solution, squeeze and ring out excess water, then wash a panel. Take a clean micro fiber towel and dry that panel.

I can't speak for Adams but I was told with Croftgate when you put the microfiber towel back in the bucket for more solution all the dirt and crime sink the bottom of bucket leaving the top water clean and fresh.

One bottle of this by Croftgate is $13.50 for an 8 ounces. You can wash up too four cars using that one small cap full of solution and one gallon of water.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I can't speak for Adams but I was told with Croftgate when you put the microfiber towel back in the bucket for more solution all the dirt and crime sink the bottom of bucket leaving the top water clean and fresh.
I can pretty much guarantee that no matter the product or how it is advertised, the dirt and grime won't sink to the bottom by itself, at least in a manageable amount of time (after a couple hours of sitting it probably will). That is what the grit guard is for. I still use the grit guard for my rinseless wash. Go to the bottom of the bucket and rub the micrifiber or mitt on the grit guard, it does a great job at capturing all the dirt and keeping it down there. Even with the rinseless method it is a good idea to use the 2 bucket method with grit guards.... That is if you are cleaning off the microfibers instead of doing the Garry Dean method (folding it until all sides are dirty, then use another).

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The Croftgate videos aren't the best quality, but here is a video demonstrating the Aquanil products.

And here is one of Rinseless Wash. My car will sit outside at school for a whole week collecting dust and dirt and other stuff and it works great, when i wipe it on the paint it doesn't even feel like there is dirt on there.

What i add into the process is a diluted solution of the rinseless to make something i can spray onto the surface, that way i spray before wiping, maximizing the process and reducing the entire chance of getting swirls.

I do like Croftgate's process, one thing i don't like is how it seems like they bash everyone else, just my view. Also don't really like Frank's method too much, i'm just anal and i'm sure most other true detailers are anal like me.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can pretty much guarantee that no matter the product or how it is advertised, the dirt and grime won't sink to the bottom by itself, at least in a manageable amount of time (after a couple hours of sitting it probably will). That is what the grit guard is for. I still use the grit guard for my rinseless wash. Go to the bottom of the bucket and rub the micrifiber or mitt on the grit guard, it does a great job at capturing all the dirt and keeping it down there. Even with the rinseless method it is a good idea to use the 2 bucket method with grit guards.... That is if you are cleaning off the microfibers instead of doing the Garry Dean method (folding it until all sides are dirty, then use another).
I too have a grit guard!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Oh, and a great place to learn about all types of stuff like this is a true detailing forum. I joined the Adams forums not long ago, and the people there are gurus for detailing.

Adams Forums

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, and a great place to learn about all types of stuff like this is a true detailing forum. I joined the Adams forums not long ago, and the people there are gurus for detailing.

Adams Forums
I take it, that Adams forum is strictly for there product?
Old 11-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I take it, that Adams forum is strictly for there product?
You can mention other products, or say something and ask about others, just can't post links to it.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 11:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can mention other products, or say something, just can't post links to it.
Got ya. Thanks bro
Old 11-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can mention other products, or say something and ask about others, just can't post links to it.
So given a choice you prefer the waterless wash in a bucket method over the spray and wipe
Old 11-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

A big thing about Adams though is a lot of their products are designed to work well with each other, like their sealants, glazes, and waxes. then there is the rinseless wash that can be diluted for a waterless wash. And then the glass cleaner and sealant work well together. So a lot of the questions are related to stuff like that and how they work together, or how to use specific products.

HID end all thread
Old 11-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
So given a choice you prefer the waterless wash in a bucket method over the spray and wipe
If the car is dry yes. Last time i cleaned off the car it just rained so i stuck with just the spray waterless and that worked perfectly. Or even if there is condensation on the car in the morning that works. Otherwise if it is dry i will do the spray and the bucket.

HID end all thread
Old 11-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've been thinking about getting the Quick & Slick or Project X though, Adams doesn't have any actual spray wax, but they do have amazing liquid and paste waxes. Technically though the detail spray has a little bit of waxes and polymers in it.

HID end all thread
Old 11-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If the car is dry yes. Last time i cleaned off the car it just rained so i stuck with just the spray waterless and that worked perfectly. Or even if there is condensation on the car in the morning that works. Otherwise if it is dry i will do the spray and the bucket.
Makes sense.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all your wisdom, Soccerluvr4. Seems like I am about to dive in to a whole new world of procrastination on my 10 page paper with the Adams detailing forum
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #33
ME Bloodhound
Staff

No problem...... I probably could write a good sized paper on proper detailing, full of pictures and everything. But nooooooooooo i have to write about greek philosophy for school......

If i have time and remember i may try and write a full thread about proper detailing using different methods and such, then i can save that and use it as reference for people.

HID end all thread
Old 11-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I've gotta write a 6 page case analysis on what strategy this Austrian wine company should use to enter the Chinese market. zzzzzzz lol. Due in 9 hours.

Would rather be outside in the freezing cold in my underwear, detailing my car :p
Old 11-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This is interesting, I saw someone promoting a waterless wash at a car show. Don't remember what product it was, but I wasn't interested. Hearing how how some of you people with no affiliation to said products are using it with good results has me thinking otherwise.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing