Does anyone have issues with minor scratches from washing it? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
So glad I went white I don't miss the dark colored paint issues
Kona Blue in a PITA to keep looking good. I think its a close second to black! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just wondering but has anyone here used one of those foam car shamppo gun's from Auto Geek that shoots a rich rather of cleaning solution onto the car. This looks like a good method for getting a car well lubericated so one minimizes scratching the clear coat.
i dont think it takes off that film of dirt water that stays when you rinse your car and not scrub it
Old 03-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
i dont think it takes off that film of dirt water that stays when you rinse your car and not scrub it
Oh yes. Totally correct. The layer of foam is to fully lubricate the entire car super good and chemically break down the dirt. Then one still needs to manually wash off the car with the car shampoo in a bucket. I am told the foam just adds another layer of luberacation so no scratches are put into the clear coat.

So I'm told. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

anything helps to keep away scratches but a good old wax is the best. gotta do one on mine shes getting bad but with the weather the way it is i dont even want to go outside much less play in the water washing car lol
Old 03-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Some great info on this thread! My S550 is the first car I have bought that I really love, and I want to keep it as pretty as I can for as long as possible.
str8edgect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8edgect View Post
Some great info on this thread! My S550 is the first car I have bought that I really love, and I want to keep it as pretty as I can for as long as possible.
dont do like me be smart and get you car waxed as many times as needed cause if not its going to scratch and park away from every one if it means walking a block best advice to keep scratches and door dings away.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Opticoat or Ceramic pro. It's a ceramic clear coat, applied like wax but it is extremely durable and you won't get any swirl marks at all. Also makes the water just sheet right off the car.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
2 bucket method + opticoat = not one swirl yet in 1.5 years๐Ÿ˜Ž
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Some people don't agree with how I wash my car but I will throw it out there for what its worth.

I use 2 buckets and 2 dreadlock style microfiber mitts the same as a lot of guys have posted. I use Dawn dish soap in one bucket as a pre wash to get all the road grime and old wax off and prep the paint for the next bucket. In the second bucket I use Mothers Wash/Wax and go over the whole car with that making sure to keep the car wet the entire time I'm washing it. I dry the car with a shammy and then go back over it with a quality microfiber cloth to get any water spots I missed with the shammy. About every 2 months I apply a coat of Turtle Wax (Black Wax) to keep a protective layer on the car and help it dry better. When drying and waxing I never use a circular motion! So far I have managed to stay scratch/swirl free!
WundrbreadzDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WundrbreadzDEAD View Post
Some people don't agree with how I wash my car but I will throw it out there for what its worth.

I use 2 buckets and 2 dreadlock style microfiber mitts the same as a lot of guys have posted. I use Dawn dish soap in one bucket as a pre wash to get all the road grime and old wax off and prep the paint for the next bucket. In the second bucket I use Mothers Wash/Wax and go over the whole car with that making sure to keep the car wet the entire time I'm washing it. I dry the car with a shammy and then go back over it with a quality microfiber cloth to get any water spots I missed with the shammy. About every 2 months I apply a coat of Turtle Wax (Black Wax) to keep a protective layer on the car and help it dry better. When drying and waxing I never use a circular motion! So far I have managed to stay scratch/swirl free!

Do you use dawn every wash? Can be harmful for the paint in the long run, also it strips the wax right off, so that waxing you are doing every 2 months, is you use the dawn any time between that you are just taking the wax off. I used dawn before, not anymore, there are much better ways to get road grime off.

HID end all thread
Old 03-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Good point! I should hace specifide. I only use the Dawn every 2 months when I'm going to apply wax again. If I'm just doing a maintenance wash I still use 2 buckets. I use the wash/wax in both and go over the car once to get the dirt off that wouldn't come clean with the initial rinse then the second bucket to go back over the car with more detail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
WundrbreadzDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

i used to wash my car with towels and whatever that was around now i regret it that i got a new car and on this one the swirl's come outso now im going to have to wax and buff her
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

which wax would u guys recommend me using on my car to buff out the scratches? that i can just about get anywhere?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
which wax would u guys recommend me using on my car to buff out the scratches? that i can just about get anywhere?

Wax won't get rid of the scratches. You need a polish to get rid of them. I've got Chemical Guys V38

HID end all thread
Old 03-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Wax won't get rid of the scratches. You need a polish to get rid of them. I've got Chemical Guys V38

Or CG V36 cutting polish with green pad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

gotcha ......thanks guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing