Red LED lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Red LED lights

I was wanting to swap my license plate lights out for some red ones. Anyone know where I could find the right ones to fit?
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Ebay but that might be illegal
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Came here to say the same as above. Most likely illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Don't care, if I get stopped for them I'll pay the ticket and swap them back.

Got a link to some on ebay that will fit?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Illegal in most states. Better look it up before doing it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Man why put lights in that you know you'll get a ticket for, then pay the fine when you get it just to take them out?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Just giving them something to suck on so I can just get the answer to the question that I asked. I didn't ask if it was illegal, I know at least one guy thats had them on his car forever. Now I think his were like little rubber covers that just slide on over the bulbs. I would just rather do red LEDs instead. Hes never got stopped for them, they're still on his car today. No problems. I'm pretty sure all Kentucky says is the plate must be illuminated, color doesn't matter.
Look I'm not concerned about the legality of any of this. I'm just asking if anyone knows where to get the specific part I'm looking for, thats all.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Ebay yo. Look at the sylvania bulb check guide get the bulb number and look it up on ebay.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #9
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEDAWG29 View Post
Just giving them something to suck on so I can just get the answer to the question that I asked. I didn't ask if it was illegal, I know at least one guy thats had them on his car forever. Now I think his were like little rubber covers that just slide on over the bulbs. I would just rather do red LEDs instead. Hes never got stopped for them, they're still on his car today. No problems. I'm pretty sure all Kentucky says is the plate must be illuminated, color doesn't matter.
Look I'm not concerned about the legality of any of this. I'm just asking if anyone knows where to get the specific part I'm looking for, thats all.
There are plenty of guides online that tell you the bulb ID of every single light on your car, just like the Sylvania guide Joser mentioned. Also, please keep the hothead comments to yourself or else you won't last long on this forum. You may want to review the Community Rules.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Old 02-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Where's the banhammer
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
There are plenty of guides online that tell you the bulb ID of every single light on your car, just like the Sylvania guide Joser mentioned. Also, please keep the hothead comments to yourself or else you won't last long on this forum. You may want to review the Community Rules.

Sent from the Death Star.
That's all well and good and all since all I did was ask a question, got a bunch of comments that had nothing to do with answering my question. Then when I say I don't care I get called stupid by someone that's clearly an idiot and I tell him so and I get the ban hammer???

I know there are guides all over. That's great, I already went and hunted down what I was looking for. The only reason I started the post was to get a quick answer as opposed to tearing the net apart to look for it. That's not what I got.

Anyways it doesn't matter anymore, I got what I needed so you can close this thread if you like. Since you already deleted the post that apparently offended you anyway.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 AM   #12
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEDAWG29 View Post
That's all well and good and all since all I did was ask a question, got a bunch of comments that had nothing to do with answering my question. Then when I say I don't care I get called stupid by someone that's clearly an idiot and I tell him so and I get the ban hammer???

I know there are guides all over. That's great, I already went and hunted down what I was looking for. The only reason I started the post was to get a quick answer as opposed to tearing the net apart to look for it. That's not what I got.

Anyways it doesn't matter anymore, I got what I needed so you can close this thread if you like. Since you already deleted the post that apparently offended you anyway.
MULTIPLE comments were deleted because they went against forum rules. And I understand you wanting a quick answer. I simply made the comment because I guarantee whoever would have answered would gotten the info by doing a search online.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing