IN Light Tint Legality - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #1

Region: Indiana
IN Light Tint Legality

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about getting vinyl tail light tints for my black 2007 V6, specifically these ones from AM: Mustang Smoked Taillight Tint (05-09 All) - Free Shipping

I'd also get the 3rd brake light, turn signal, and quarter light tint. My problem is I'm not sure if all of this is legal in Indiana. The car already has tinted headlights from the previous owner who lived in KY, but I don't know if that's legal here either. I've owned the car for a little over a month and haven't had any issues, but this is my first car and I have a clean record and would like to keep it that way haha. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in, I'm a newbie here.

Thanks!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 01:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I live in Illinois, and our lights only need to be seen from 500 feet and must be red. I had tinted tails on my last car and never had a police issue. My Mustang, however, only has tinted third brake light and all four side markers.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Sorry for the double post. It wasn't letting me upload photos. No tinted tails on mine, but everything else is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428473938.279352.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	179429

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1428473970.861267.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	179430

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The issue with tail lights being tinted is if you were ever to get rear ended the person will use it against you " his lights were not visible " same reason I only smoked my front headlights

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:14 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
The issue with tail lights being tinted is if you were ever to get rear ended the person will use it against you " his lights were not visible " same reason I only smoked my front headlights

^^ This is absolutely a great point!

However, I would never impede my frontal vision either by tinting my headlights.

While a police officer may be too busy with other daily "police work" to issue citations for all the illegal automotive changes that are out there driving on the roads, they will have no problem in citing you as a cause of a rear end accident due to your tinted brake lights.

Your car; tint away if you want, but don't gripe when you get rear ended, and the police officer cites you instead of the person that hit you, because they saw your tinted taillights as the cause.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing