Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Vinyl Wrap opinions

10K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Devil Strider 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a 98 gt and I'm looking to vinyl wrap my car soon because my clear coat is coming off basically everywhere on the car. I'm leaning toward a gloss black but what colors do you think the sn95's can pull off without looking weird. White and black are my two favorites right now. Thanks Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Coupé

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#8 ·
There aren't that many body mods......
Targa top conversion
Side splitters
Front splitter
Widebody rear fenders
Bagged

Thats about it. Its built to be a show car, and was definitely one of the most popular in SoCal this past weekend.

#12 · (Edited)
The top is the easiest part also. When you get lower you have door handles and side scoops, wing or any other type of body parts that may need to come off.., then when going around the fenders and especially the bumpers it takes a long time since they have a ton of curves.

#14 ·
Could always try it yourself. It honestly isn't too hard from what i've seen, it just takes a while. Maybe have a helping hand when trying to do tough spots like the bumpers. Sections like the roof, pillars, trunk and hood shouldn't really be too bad.

#16 ·
Plasti dipping a whole car is a challenge. With wrapping you can take it a single step at a time. Start with the easy stuff like the roof, practice on that. Then the pillars shouldn't be too hard, then the trunk. Easy stuff like that. And you can get super cheap vinyl instead of the super nice stuff.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#17 ·
I just recently purchased a 98 gt and I'm looking to vinyl wrap my car soon because my clear coat is coming off basically everywhere on the car. I'm leaning toward a gloss black but what colors do you think the sn95's can pull off without looking weird. White and black are my two favorites right now. Thanks View attachment 180830

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
OP, what budget are you working with? Is having you're pony repainted an option?

Have a great day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.