Spray Wax - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Spray Wax

Hey y'all - noticed quite a few swirl marks in the paint when I washed the other day. Picked up some Turtle Wax Jet Black today and will wash and apply spray wax this afternoon. I'll let you guys know how it does on swirls and shine. Got great reviews, so I'm hoping for good results.

5.OH
VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
it will probably fade them under most light. but after a few days or getting rained on, it will likely thin out and show again. There are better brands out there, but I'm interested to hear how the turtlewax jet black turns out. I used the regular turtlewax spray wax on my old car, and it was pretty good for the price.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If you've got swirls, you need this:

Griots Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher

I recommend getting the 5" backing plate and using the 5.5" pads. Polish then wax = no more swirls.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Black, and other dark colors will show swirl marks more than lighter colors, but all paints have them. This is why "detailing" a cars paint is work; it is first cleaned, then a sealer is applied (to hide/fill in the swirls in the clear coat), then the wax to protect.

As stated, the spray on stuff looks good for a few days, but will not last. Good for "show "days.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Good for "show "days.
or Date Night. Cruisin days. Beach Days. Days that you wanna just sit back and look at your car. or When judgemental family members are visiting. etc etc etc.

basically, i wouldn't rely on it to really wax your car full time. but its good to have on hand. Basically, best used in between waxes, to keep up that just waxed shine.

I like surf city garage products personally. others here like Croftgate, and many others. Soccerluvr uses a good one. forgot the name.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixignition View Post
or Date Night. Cruisin days. Beach Days. Days that you wanna just sit back and look at your car. or When judgemental family members are visiting. etc etc etc.

basically, i wouldn't rely on it to really wax your car full time. but its good to have on hand. Basically, best used in between waxes, to keep up that just waxed shine.

I like surf city garage products personally. others here like Croftgate, and many others. Soccerluvr uses a good one. forgot the name.

I use Adams to clean. Chemical Guys to polish

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well... The car was extremely shiny until the darn pollen IMMEDIATELY started settling in. Didn't do much for the swirls... Going with a compound paste on the next go round and will use the spray for intermediate "cleanings."

-Adam

5.OH
Old 04-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

There's some great info on Meguiar's message board:

Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
Old 04-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I get the same problems on mine and bought a random orbit buffer from northern tool with the stuff from chemical guys detailing products. It's the only thing I've ever found to get the swirls out.
I've been a black car fan for a while but this is the last one. I'm tired of it. Looks amazing from 100 feet away. Up close, looks like a junker with swirls, pollen and dust.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
There's some great info on Meguiar's message board:

Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

Solid! Thanks for sharing!

5.OH
Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If it's a daily then I would recommend getting a professional detail to get rid of the swirls them get Opti coat or Ceramic Pro. They are ceramic clear coats that won't swirl. Thy are applied like wax but far more durable.

HID end all thread
Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I get the same problems on mine and bought a random orbit buffer from northern tool with the stuff from chemical guys detailing products. It's the only thing I've ever found to get the swirls out.
I've been a black car fan for a while but this is the last one. I'm tired of it. Looks amazing from 100 feet away. Up close, looks like a junker with swirls, pollen and dust.

But black is so sexy... Ha.

I know what you mean. Good call on the buffer. I'll probably pick one up and use a compound based on the forum mentioned above.

5.OH
Old 04-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is great. If scratches/swirls are a little too stubborn for just the UP, then Scratch-X followed by Ultimate Polish should do the trick. If you still have issues, then Ultimate Compound followed by Ultimate Polish would be a good way to go. All Meguiar's products by the way.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've used Meguiars and it can be a bit stubborn at times. I started using Chemical Guys V38 and it is so much easier to use. The Meguiars Ultimate polish cuts a tiny bit more, but that would probably be the equivalent of V36

HID end all thread
Old 04-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Never used Chemical Guys, but have heard nothing but good things about them. Same with Mothers - never used them but hear nothing but good things. Griot's Garage is another one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing