Head light splitters - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Talking Head light splitters

Save your money, maybe there are some of you all out there that got a pair of these that actually fit, but the ones I got from American Muscle must of been cut by a cross-eyed guy for the part that sticks to the bumper so to speak never made it, about a 1/8" gap, sent them back, for $130 you think you could do a better job then what I got...wow....and to add insult to injury....they sent the wrong tape with it, one sided 3M tape...had to go buy a roll of it before knowing they really didn't fit once stuck on.....they did reimburse me for everything, but word to the wise - good luck on getting these items....not worth the hassle

la8ter
Beamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
Save your money, maybe there are some of you all out there that got a pair of these that actually fit, but the ones I got from American Muscle must of been cut by a cross-eyed guy for the part that sticks to the bumper so to speak never made it, about a 1/8" gap, sent them back, for $130 you think you could do a better job then what I got...wow....and to add insult to injury....they sent the wrong tape with it, one sided 3M tape...had to go buy a roll of it before knowing they really didn't fit once stuck on.....they did reimburse me for everything, but word to the wise - good luck on getting these items....not worth the hassle

la8ter

Hey Beam - Sorry to hear about the trouble with the splitter! If you ever wanted to get another set I'm happy to personally pull them from our warehouse and have them test fit for you on site before they're shipped. Drop me a line if there's ever anything I can help out with.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Hey Beamer,

You do know AMERICAN MUSCLE doesn't manufacture these right? I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) MMD makes these. So it sounds like AM did what they could for you. I think your prob better off without them anyway. They are not my taste. Did you take pictures of the defect/fitment so that we can all see and decide for ourselves how they fit?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
The tape that comes with it is tricky. If you don't peel one side very carefully, it appears to be only one sided. There's a very thin clear plastic film that sometimes won't peel off without tweezers.
Why would they even have one sided 3m tape?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #5

Alex..thank you for your reply and help, let wait till the package gets back to you guys and the credit appears on my card, before we do this, I'll keep an a copy of your reply and contact you when I'm ready again ok? can you send me your email or should I just call AM and ask for you? when I'm ready....
Old 05-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #6

Nope was too peeved at the time to think about taking a pic...oh well, they aren't having a problem in taking them back....and you are correct MMD does make them, AM should have a talk with them...thanks for your input
Old 05-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #7

Waylap...I thought the same but they do make one sided 3M tape, yet why send it to me on this pc...oh well all is good here now, I've been reimbursed...thanks for your input
Old 05-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
Nope was too peeved at the time to think about taking a pic...oh well, they aren't having a problem in taking them back....and you are correct MMD does make them, AM should have a talk with them...thanks for your input
Beam - Sorry about the trouble again but we'll work with MMD on this moving forward to see if they've had other claims like this. Let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with I'm a PM away.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing