Ruby Red Metallic - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Ruby Red Metallic

So my F-150 and Shelby are both Ruby Red Metallic. The Shelby is garage kept and hand washed so I don't have issue but my GoD my F-150 has a ton of surface scratches already and it's not even a year old.

Now it's not like swirl marks that can only be seen when the light is catching but legit surface scratches that appear white in color.

Luckily majority of them go away when I rub scratch x 2.0 on it but at this rate I'll wear down the paint if I keep going at it with scratch x.

Anybody have this same issue with this? Should I pay someone to polish and buff the car out and stick to hand washes from now on?

I love the Ruby Red color but this color is by far the worst in reference to all colors of mustangs or other cars I've owned. It seem to show the slightest defect so easily.
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Try Zaino. Google it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by COYOTE6 View Post
Try Zaino. Google it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

I didn't have problems with my 2014 F150 and auto car washes. I only hand wash the Mustang. The truck was a lot more work so I had a monthly plan at the local car wash. The truck had the dealer paint treatment (zylon?). Did it help? Maybe. With Mothers detail spray I could wipe every water spot off.

The truck was Blue Jeans Metallic. The Mustang is black.

I've been using Zaino Z6 on the Mustang and only hand washing. Looks great but I have some persistent swirling (after one poor dealer prep (tried the zylon again) and one auto wash). I will be using Zaino's swirl remover this weekend and re-polishing.

Good luck.
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing