Strange stains on paint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #1

Region: Tennessee
Strange stains on paint

Hey guys, newbie here. So when I first got my mustang I didn't know anything about detailing, all I did was wash her occasionally. After two years of no wax or paint protection, I finally wised up and taught myself how to polish and wax my car. The bad part of this is that now I have something stuck on my paint right behind my right rear wheel that won't come off. I have tried meguiars polish and claying the area, but nothing has worked. It looks almost like dirt that eventually worked its way into the paint. Is this permanent or would a stronger compound polish to make this go away?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint flaw.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	189415  
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's tiny marks in the clear coat from crap kicking up of the tires. You might be able to get some of it out with a random orbital and a fine cutting compound
S281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

Region: Tennessee
Ok, thanks for the info. Next time I detail my car (probably not for a few months as I just headed back to college) I'll be sure to try that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing