Glass cleaner that isn't lousy? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have found that Chadwick's Triple Play that I use for detailing does a good job of doing windows. Any glass requires a good buffing to clean. It also helps with shedding rain like Rain-X does.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
I use baby soap mixed with water. Just like what most tint shops use. I started using that on Windows years ago when I started tinting. It's safe for all window tints. Does not harm anything in vehicles. And it leaves the car smelling clean as a baby's @55 lol.

You've never had a baby have you?
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Autoglym, Meg's , chemical guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pirate Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Spray Away

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
this is the best. I worked at a glass shop for years. this is all we used or sold
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
THIS!!

SPRAY AWAY glass cleaner is by far the best glass cleaner I have ever used. You can use it on everything since it is amonia free. You can use it on your car windows, mirrors, lights, household glass/mirrors, bathroom hardware, faucets, plastics, laptop screens, some TV screens, etc ,etc does not damage anything and leaves a streak free clean, 100% guranteed. Nice smell to it as well. Its like the Franks hot sauce of glass cleaner, " I use that sh.. on everything!".

I have used Invisible Glass, all types of Windex amonia/ amonia free/ aerosol/ non aerosol, commercial cleaners like Zep (which is in 2nd place in my personal rankings), Sparkle, Kaboom, Fantastic, and on and on. I used to own a small commercial cleaning business and this is all we used on glass/mirrors and bathroom faucets, period, no competition whatsoever, at this price point! For a short period of time I also did car detailing on the side and again this product made life easy.

As many have said you want a glass cleaner that is amonia free, and is an aerosol/ spray foam. Put it on lightly, a little goes a long way. I use the blue Shop paper towels, they come in a roll/box and absorb like crazy, so again on the paper towel a little goes a long way. If its a really dirty window then I suggest you clean it at least twice, dont gob it on with the thinking that if you douse it that it will clean more or be more effective. Like any cleaners, repeated cleaning is better than over spraying (this may cause streaks no matter what your using).

I am not a rep for this company, it has always been my favorite cleaner, period. I appreciate products that work great, and are priced very low! You can buy this at your local Walmart, Home Depot, etc, at Home Depot it is $2.39 a can usually, has even been on sale at HD for $1.98 at points. Dont waste your money on more expensive glass cleaners because they come with a premium name, Im sure Adams works great but its almost $10 a bottle! Im sure Griots is good too, but again pricey for glass cleaner (Griots makes great quick detailer spray, I have also used plenty of these type of detailers; and have been the happiest with Griots. Their detailer spray is in the median as far as price point).

Ok, Im done now raving about Spray Away glass cleaner, sorry its just a great product. Cleaning glass can be very frustrating, like when you think you got it looking good; then you drive at night, and see all the streaks/fogging.

Go get it you will not be disappointed!

I know the power of ZEP it's our cleaning product @ work, awesome stuff

I used to use 1tsp dawn, 1tsp vinegar, and 1tsp rubbing alcohol, the rest water in a squirt bottle----also worked great and no ****** smell

And as OP stated earlier, if you use newspaper instead of towels or clothes, almost anything will work streak-free

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I like to use Eagle one.

etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
+1 Spray Away. I keep a can in each vehicle since the dog loves to shove his nose against everything and this will instantly remove his smears and not streak.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Invisible glass is really good

snoots225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:48 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I use Windex, works for me.

2014 GT/CS 6spd. with total FR suspension upgrades.
stanggtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Spray away, Spray away, Spray away. Just use it, and you will never use anything else or waste money on anything else. Its $2.37 a can at Home Depot and Walmart

Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:07 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
It all depends on the humidity. I've noticed on high humidity days, i get a lot of streaks (haze too) and on low humidity days, the window cleaner works pretty good.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Rain-X

Best and only window cleaner I use anymore is Rain-X 2-in-1 glass cleaner/ rain repellant. It is like $5ish at Walmart, gives an amazing streak free clean and water just beads off the glass for a good 2-3 weeks.
Wheela is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing