Very very disappointed with Levittown ford - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Very very disappointed with Levittown ford

So,Levitown ford doesn't think,this should be fixed because there is no rust holes...yes even the spoiler.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1457479684.250252.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	197990Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1457479750.516296.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	197991Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1457479804.782392.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	197992Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1457479824.467277.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	197993

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Ummmmmm.........do you have more than one Ford dealer in town? If so, I would try getting a second opinion on that and get it fixed. Do you run your car all winter in the salt and slush?
I've never seen a Mustang as new as yours do that....no excuse for a dealer not to fix that if you're still under warranty for rust through.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Ummmmmm.........do you have more than one Ford dealer in town? If so, I would try getting a second opinion on that and get it fixed. Do you run your car all winter in the salt and slush?

I've never seen a Mustang as new as yours do that....no excuse for a dealer not to fix that if you're still under warranty for rust through.

I went to them first, because I bought it from them. I have 44,000 miles on it now. I do run it in the winter it's my DD.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

How about poke a hole in each spot then tell them, it has rust holes, so fix it.
But it's a dealership, they don't give a s*** about that car. Just how it is.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #5

Region: Florida
3 /36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 on power train is the warranty period. Maybe check with the selling dealership for assistance. They have programs in place to help based on customer loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricanracer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Call Ford directly. Or ask the dealership for the regional managers info. Start escalating it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanracer140 View Post
3 /36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 on power train is the warranty period. Maybe check with the selling dealership for assistance. They have programs in place to help based on customer loyalty.

This was the first time I bought a car from them.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
Call Ford directly. Or ask the dealership for the regional managers info. Start escalating it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

About to do that.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Likely a Ford issue, as opposed to a specific dealer issue. Most warranty language I have seen requires perforation from rust before it will be covered.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

The rust on hood seems like a common issue but is the spoiler aftermarket? Often times cheap or not enough clear coat will cause that.

And x2 on the ford issue vs dealer issue. Usually dealerships bill ford for warranty work so they are usually happy to do it assuming they know ford will pay the bill.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
44k is past your bumper to bumper, therefore they will deny it because they can. It's ****ty but it's within their rights. That's a shame. What paint does ford use at the factory for those cars? I would spam negative publicity until it hurt Ford's reputation and then throw that dealership under the bus despite the fact that they are within their obligations.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
44k is past your bumper to bumper, therefore they will deny it because they can. It's ****ty but it's within their rights. That's a shame. What paint does ford use at the factory for those cars? I would spam negative publicity until it hurt Ford's reputation and then throw that dealership under the bus despite the fact that they are within their obligations.

Exactly, and these paint issues are just another reason why I would never buy a fully loaded GT. If ford wants the mustang to be able to sell for 35-45 k which is what a lot of them go for they need to work on these quality issues.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Corrosion warranty is 5 years/unlimited miles. Must be rusted through.
I wonder what a little acid might do?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I was about to say take a screwdriver to the hood and show them that rust.

For the spoiler... never seen that on a car that new. This would be a good excuse to get a pre painted GT500 or Ducktail spoiler from AM.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I was about to say take a screwdriver to the hood and show them that rust.

For the spoiler... never seen that on a car that new. This would be a good excuse to get a pre painted GT500 or Ducktail spoiler from AM.

The spoiler was on the car when I bought it. And I just got bought the gt500 spoiler, I couldn't deal with the spoiler looking like that. I thought about taken a screw driver to the bubble, but I couldn't bring my self to do it.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I am sending the pictures to a ford rep today. I know I am
Not the only one with the problem of having rust on the hood, and would like this problem to be solved,not only for me but for everyone who has this problem. I really hope ford come thru for me and others that have this problem.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:19 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Ford has been a bunch of asshats about these issues TBTH. Its because there is a manufacturing defect where they bond the hood together. Moisture gets in between the layers before it is painted and then it corrodes and voila.

I suppose this would also be an excuse to get a nice hood lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Ford has been a bunch of asshats about these issues TBTH. Its because there is a manufacturing defect where they bond the hood together. Moisture gets in between the layers before it is painted and then it corrodes and voila.

I suppose this would also be an excuse to get a nice hood lol.

I was thinking of a new hood lol, but I don't really wanna spend the money when it's on fords behalf. But time will tell.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's corrosion on your hood. I'm going through the corrosion mess as well. The service manager at my dealership said Ford has to approve the repair for hood corrosion. He took pics and within two days called me to let me know that Ford approved the repairs. My hood is not as bad as yours (by the way).

Contact Deysha on themustangsource.com she'll help you get the claim approved. She's a Ford service rep that has helped many others with this situation.
The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums - View Profile: FordService
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
That's corrosion on your hood. I'm going through the corrosion mess as well. The service manager at my dealership said Ford has to approve the repair for hood corrosion. He took pics and within two days called me to let me know that Ford approved the repairs. My hood is not as bad as yours (by the way).

Contact Deysha on themustangsource.com she'll help you get the claim approved. She's a Ford service rep that has helped many others with this situation.

Thank you I really Appreciate the help. I will do so now so I can get it fixed

Old 03-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post

Thank you I really Appreciate the help. I will do so now so I can get it fixed

Old 03-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a link to a thread about the hood corrosion. This is where I found out about Deysha and what she can do to help out.

Mustang Hood Corrosion! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Old 03-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #23

Has set in Seaford isn't much better. I bought a new 2015 last year, signed all the papers. The papers said the car had 15 miles on it, I get in the car and the od says 73! I ask about it, after I blow a head gasket, literally and they tell me they randomly pull cars to track them. I ask, for 73 miles? Nothing like outright lies. Never going back.
Red horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Dealership at its finest.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #25

Rodger that!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

One of the reasons I don't go to rip off centers...Ah, I mean dealerships.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red horse View Post
Has set in Seaford isn't much better. I bought a new 2015 last year, signed all the papers. The papers said the car had 15 miles on it, I get in the car and the od says 73! I ask about it, after I blow a head gasket, literally and they tell me they randomly pull cars to track them. I ask, for 73 miles? Nothing like outright lies. Never going back.
----------------------------
A couple of people test drove it. Mine had 101 miles on it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post

It's this mentality that pollutes our society today. If you buy a used car and its out of warranty who does the burden fall on? It's not Ford's responsibility to cover repairs for everyone, it doesn't say "lifetime warranty". Should have bought a newer car with warranty or gotten a new car with all the warranties in place. To say you're going to talk **** and badmouth someone to get your way is sad. What happened to being honorable and honest, people have gotten so empowered thinking that they are deserving even when black and white states different. To the OP don't be a asshat like others here are recommending, goto the selling dealer and talk to the sales manager usually getting management involved will get you results. Positive attitude positive results now if you go in there thinking they owe you, be prepared to be told to pound sand.

ricanracer140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's this mentality that pollutes our society today. If you buy a used car and its out of warranty who does the burden fall on? It's not Ford's responsibility to cover repairs for everyone, it doesn't say "lifetime warranty". Should have bought a newer car with warranty or gotten a new car with all the warranties in place. To say you're going to talk **** and badmouth someone to get your way is sad. What happened to being honorable and honest, people have gotten so empowered thinking that they are deserving even when black and white states different. To the OP don't be a asshat like others here are recommending, goto the selling dealer and talk to the sales manager usually getting management involved will get you results. Positive attitude positive results now if you go in there thinking they owe you, be prepared to be told to pound sand.

If an alternator failed or something that would be entirely different. The paint issue is a KNOWN problem that is caused by faulty manufacturing on fords part. They should issue a recall to fix affected cars but are too cheap to own up to their mistake. I've owned cars that were 15 years old and reviewed recall letters in the mail.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #30

Region: Arkansas
Call corporate ford

nathan.kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you buy a used car and its out of warranty who does the burden fall on? It's not Ford's responsibility to cover repairs for everyone, it doesn't say "lifetime warranty".
Not in this case. This is Ford's responsibility because it is a manufacture defect. Ford is fixing my hood for free.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
If an alternator failed or something that would be entirely different. The paint issue is a KNOWN problem that is caused by faulty manufacturing on fords part. They should issue a recall to fix affected cars but are too cheap to own up to their mistake. I've owned cars that were 15 years old and reviewed recall letters in the mail.

That is my thought exactly. I'll keep you guys updated on this, I did not getting follow up on this problem yesterday because of a work event I had to go to,but today I am going to call the sales manger to talk to him. I have already sent an email to ford and sent the pictures and did not get and emIly back yet.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:21 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr3.7 View Post
The spoiler was on the car when I bought it. And I just got bought the gt500 spoiler, I couldn't deal with the spoiler looking like that. I thought about taken a screw driver to the bubble, but I couldn't bring my self to do it.

If you pop the hood you will probably see that the bubbles started on the underside. If you popped them before they spread to the top you would be fine. They stop spreading when air gets to them. It's too late now. I did this on my 2012 and the hood still looks great and it's been over a year since I did it. The hood is aluminum and will never rust thru by the way.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
If you pop the hood you will probably see that the bubbles started on the underside. If you popped them before they spread to the top you would be fine. They stop spreading when air gets to them. It's too late now. I did this on my 2012 and the hood still looks great and it's been over a year since I did it. The hood is aluminum and will never rust thru by the way.

I did look under the hood and there is bubbles there to aslo😟😟. I know it won't rust because it's aluminum that's why I am disappointed with the response I got from them.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #35

I'm thinking a salesman took mine home overnight. Probably your 's too. I just don't like being lied to. The car was ordered special, no one else should be driving it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing