Dash Trim Kits - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Dash Trim Kits

I am considering a real carbon fiber dash kit and wonder if anyone has tried the one from American Muscle or CarId. It appears the American Muscle is a thin vinyl version as opposed to the thicker polyurethane or epoxy pieces stuck on with 3M tape. While American Muscle claims to have great fit, I wonder if it is as good of quality as the polyurethane or epoxy. Thanks.
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I dont think they are real carbon fiber. there are 4 ways I kn ow of to go about this:

1. $100-200 - Vinyl carbon fiber. they are paper thin and basically vinyl wraps, not REAL carbon fiber. My girlfrriend thinks these look "pretty good" I dont but opinions vary. Mustang Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

2. $250-350 - the thicker padded type that uses 3M adhesive. Some of these have real carbon fiber worked into them.Sherwood® - Ford Mustang 2013 2D Deluxe Dash Kit

3. $1000+ - REAL Carbon fiber replacement parts. Sweet as hell but expensive. Interior Archives

4. $500+ - Hydro dipped carbon fiber. Full disclosure this is what I did so I love it lol. Is panted and clear coated like a cars exterior. can do many patterns and color of base or weave. I used BNC Concepts and mailed them pieces. Can send pics if you like

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I dont think they are real carbon fiber. there are 4 ways I kn ow of to go about this:

1. $100-200 - Vinyl carbon fiber. they are paper thin and basically vinyl wraps, not REAL carbon fiber. My girlfrriend thinks these look "pretty good" I dont but opinions vary. Mustang Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

2. $250-350 - the thicker padded type that uses 3M adhesive. Some of these have real carbon fiber worked into them.Sherwood® - Ford Mustang 2013 2D Deluxe Dash Kit

3. $1000+ - REAL Carbon fiber replacement parts. Sweet as hell but expensive. Interior Archives

4. $500+ - Hydro dipped carbon fiber. Full disclosure this is what I did so I love it lol. Is panted and clear coated like a cars exterior. can do many patterns and color of base or weave. I used BNC Concepts and mailed them pieces. Can send pics if you like
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 05:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The AM ones are now just vinyl that you wrap the pieces with so although they fit, they are thin vinyl that requires some patience to install, and probably wont withstand much wear and tear. The CARid ones are complete garbage that don't fit. I installed a CARid kit on my 13' and it had between 1/8" and 1/4" gaps around all the dash pieces. When I sent some pictures to them showing how poorly cut the pieces were, CARid first told me they had to be that way to allow the AIRBAG to deploy. Then they jumped to the "you already installed it so no money back, and we cant guarantee new pieces will fit better" when I asked how the other pieces not fitting affected airbag deployment. I actually found a real carbon fiber kit for my 12' on eBay for a decent price and the fitment is spot on.
http://stores.ebay.com/ilikecars55/
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thanks for the responses. I have checked out several manufacturers including eBay. The 3M based pieces look the best but I am not convinced I will like the look so am going to pass for now.
tucsondivots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
I actually found a real carbon fiber kit for my 12' on eBay for a decent price and the fitment is spot on.
http://stores.ebay.com/ilikecars55/
Hey bud... can you please post or send some pics. My girl is looking at some for her 2014 and I would love to see what the ones you linked in look like
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #6

I ordered a roll of carbon vinly for my car and cutting myself, so far so good very time consuming, so if you have alot of patience and a steady hand thats a good inexpensive way to go

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bgixxeerr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Hey bud... can you please post or send some pics. My girl is looking at some for her 2014 and I would love to see what the ones you linked in look like
[IMG][/IMG]
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
[IMG]
thanks man. looks really good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing