Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Fresh Clay and Wax

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  2011 Kona Blue 
#1 ·
Don't hate, but after owning this car for 5 years, first time clay barring it. Unreal how much of a difference it makes. Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Muscle car

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#10 ·
I love taking clay to a car. When I was a teenager I owned a Miata (don't judge) that I would clay from time to time. Living in North Carolina I would get tree sap on the paint, and spending an afternoon with a clay bar would make it look like new. Stores like advance auto parts will try and sell those stupid overpriced clay kits. I just order the bars super cheap off amazon, then use a soap/water mix as lubricant.

#11 ·
No judgement! I had a 95 eclipse all through college and when I was a kid I wanted a Miata or Fiero because my step brother had one. When I stopped growing at 6'6" it dawned on me I didn't want either one. But clay wise, I was blown away by how much of a difference it made.

#15 ·
My wife and I have a detailing company she handles the interiors I don't have the patients to get into all the little spots, but I love making paint look amazing just spent 9 hours on my car... View attachment 210081

Wow! That looks phenomenal. I washed mine yesterday after being out of town for a week, and woke up this morning to 70mph wind. So needless to say it's a dusty mess. I'll wash and wax it tomorrow. That's what sundays are for when your football team already lost.

#16 · (Edited)
My wife and I have a detailing business and it's a good idea to clay a vehicle once a year. To make the claying process a whole lot easier and faster, we use and highly recommend a clay mitt. A clay mitt is as effective as the traditional clay bar however it's better in every way. Claying is very important and should be done to keep the paint looking it's best.

You can use the clay mitt 50 times and if dropped on ground, just rinse the mitt off and it's good as new.

As far as wax goes, strongly recommend Collinite 845.

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.