Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Who is running different colored headlights/fogs on their stangs?

7K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Snakeyes 
#1 ·
I was browsing through Facebook and saw a post where this guy does lights. I'd loved to have some red to match the car, but feels like a surefire way to automatically get pulled over here in TN. For those running lights like this, do you have any issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Red lights WHILE DRIVING, anywhere but the taillights, brake lights and rear side marker light will get you pulled. Stationary it is fine.

#4 ·
Check your state's laws. In Colorado you can't have any red or blue lights on the front of the vehicle while it is in motion. Those are reserved for emergency vehicles in most states.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
Almost no one uses fog lights as intended (for fog).
Then again the mustang grille fog lights are probably the worst implementation of fog lights you could have. They're really more like driving lights. But I agree, forward lights should just have good standard color bulbs (and definitely not that drop-in HID or LED crap).

If you absolutely must have flashy colors, it's best to do some kind of halo setup with a controller or switch. Through most if not all of the US, any colors besides white and amber are illegal in the front, so you'll want to be able to turn it off or change to an acceptable color while driving.
Red and blue are especially illegal because they are designated as police colors, so you can get in extra trouble if the cop wants to give you a hard time.

#7 ·
It's probably only me and I'll put on my flame suit for my view on the stupid looking colored rings around the headlights and fog lights.
Mustangs look fine without the rice Jap crap ricer rings.
Like I said, I'm probably the only person in the world that don't like the looks of them.
I guess I'm showing my age but those who do like them, FINE
Ronnie

Reactions: dgc333
#10 ·
I put yellow bulbs in the lower valence fogs, the yellow color better penetrates the coastal fog we get here. They look a lot brighter dead on or at night than this picture shows.

Attachments

#14 ·
Red, Blue are illegal in every state. Whether it is the front or side. Some states you can have a red light on your license plate. But beware, that is a reason for getting stopped. While would you kick the hornets nest or invite getting stopped by the police.

Also Green. Green is used in some states for volunteer firemen.

#17 ·
Red, Blue are illegal in every state. Whether it is the front or side. Some states you can have a red light on your license plate. But beware, that is a reason for getting stopped. While would you kick the hornets nest or invite getting stopped by the police.

Also Green. Green is used in some states for volunteer firemen.
Green lights are also used by Homeland Security

#16 ·
Fog lights are not supposed to be stupid bright. Those housings are also not designed for HIDs, you're probably blinding anyone in front of you. I bet they're pretty useless in fog too lol.
I see cars all the time with HID fogs and they're more blinding than their headlights.

#24 ·
Ford really confuses people with their poor marketing and packages.

The lower bumper openings are where fog lights should be installed. The big round lights in the grille were originally for sealed-beam driving lights in the 60s and 70s. The proper setup is driving lights in the grille and fogs down below.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.