Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What's the closest spray can paint to torch red?

20K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I've been looking at options such as duplicolor but for my year torch red color isn't an option. I'm wanting to paint some interior pieces as close as I can to the outside. Anyone know why torch red isn't listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

I've ordered from these guys twice and the color match was exact! Takes a week or so for the order to arrive because they mix when they receive your order.

I ordered my color, primer and since I painted some plastic the plastic surface prep also. About $40 total but very worth it.

#8 ·
Like Labrat said initially, go to your nearest Automotive Paint store like PPG or ???
They will make you up a single stage rattle can for about $20. If you have a part off the car with the paint they will usually scan it with a laser to get a better match for your specific car and make up a spray can...if you need to get more they will have the paint code for your car and you'll be able to match at a later date. You can also have them put a two part paint into the can...this is by far the best solution and the paint will match exactly...IMHO

#11 ·
You are correct, but, the last time I did this I had to buy the whole quart of paint. They wouldn't just make one rattle can. And a quart makes way more cans of paint than what I needed or wanted. They also said I could get just the one can and take the rest of the paint in its orginal container. And a quart of paint was at the time I believe $75.00.

#24 ·
paintscratch.com has actual OEM colors for pretty much everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.