Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Paint Care.

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Logan541 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 GT that has the factory paint in great condition. I live in Las Vegas, and will now need to keep the car in the airport parking lot for a week at a time. The lot is uncovered so it will be exposed to the sunlight and heat. Any ideas and recommendations on what you use to keep the paint in good condition and not get sun burnt? Car covers, waxes, etc... anything with good UV protection.

#2 ·
Wax is basically like sunscreen for your paint. You will want to take a clay bar to it probably once every 3-6 months or so. The big thing with the airport is the fall from the jet fuel. If possible, I'd look at a car cover, or see if you can get a covered spot. I find that the covered spots off site are often cheaper than the onsite airport parking.

#5 ·
I think I would consider a coating rather than a car cover. Taking car covers on and off all the time will scratch your paint, unless you are freshly waxed and dust free. Nobody's car is like that all the time, especially if you daily the car. A coating will off great protection for sun, fallout, etc. Coatings are also more hydrophobic than waxes, so taking your car to the local hand washing place and just rinsing it off will do wonders. They also can last up to 3 years, depending which one you use. If I didn't have a garage, had to park in an industrial area, or daily'd my Mach 1, I'd have a coating too. It's not cheap, but it's at least worth looking into it and getting all the details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.