Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Anyone here tried F11 Topcoat?

13K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  doublec78 
#1 ·
I’ve been reading about this product, F11 Topcoat, and recently saw an ad for a couple of ounces sample, including a microfiber towel for less than $10.00 delivered, so I ordered it.
F11 is BY FAR the most expensive product I’ve ever tried, as it’s nearly $200.00 a gallon, and some are selling 16 oz for about $80.
I’ve tried it on the hood and one fender so far on my Guard Green, and the shine appears to be excellent, and VERY smooth.
F11 makes all kinds of claims about being able to wash your car without soap, dust will not stick, very durable......anyone else here ever tried this new product?
IF all of their claims are verifiable, it might be worth an investment, as even 16 oz appears to be able to last a couple of years. It is SUPER easy to use, as you just spray it on like a detail spray and wipe it off. There is no residue at all, which is nice on a dark color like Guard.

#3 · (Edited)
If you want to experiment with it like I did, try to find the 2 ounce sample deal with microfiber cloth for less than $10 including shipping. 2 ounces will darn near do your whole Mustang with one coat (though they recommend three!!!).
The people who make this product have predominantly been marketing it to motorcycle owners, so I think that their effort expand into the auto market is something recent.
Using the search function here does not bring up any prior references to this product......maybe we’ll be the first, huh?

#4 · (Edited)
Please let me know your experiences with this product.

On my silver 'stang I currently use Duragloss 501/601 w/ a white LC pad on a PC as an AIO to clean the paint and have at least 3 months of protection. Been using Aquawax after washings to extend the longevity into extra months.

I started using McKees 37 360 w/ a tangerine LC pad as an AIO (but this one does mild correction) on the wife's black truck with good results and at least 3 months of protection as well. This along with newly tried Optimum Opti Seal last month has made hers very easy to wash and blow dry.

#5 · (Edited)
Please let me know your experiences with this product.

On my silver 'stang I currently use Duragloss 501/601 w/ a white LC pad on a PC as an AIO to clean the paint and have at least 3 months of protection. Been using Aquawax after washings to extend the longevity into extra months.

I started using McKees 37 360 w/ a crimson LC pad as an AIO (but this one does mild correction) on the wife's black truck with good results and at least 3 months of protection as well. This along with newly tried Optimum Opti Seal last month has made hers very easy to wash and blow dry.

I will not be able to attest as to the durability until later next Spring when I take it out of winter storage....but.....
After the first coat on the hood and front fenders, the shine was on a par with my Collinite 845, which has been my go-to product for many years. So I thought...OK so far.
However, after doing the recommended three coats (2 ounces really does go a long way) on the hood and front fenders, the depth of shine and the detail in the reflection is not something I’ve ever seen....on my car or any other.
Not only the shine depth, but the one thing that would attract me to F 11 is the absolute ease of use and COMPLETE lack of white residue — especially on my very dark Guard Green. There are no worries about white wax getting into the crevices or anywhere else.
F 11 goes on so fast and easy, you could do your whole car in mere minutes - and not have to go back with a toothbrush in all the crevices etc.
Now to justify the price — but as a one and done product (if your paint was contaminated, you’d probably have to clay bar first though) there really is no need for multi step processes either....still = $$’s!

#18 ·
Is it like a paint coating? Can you apply after each wash? It does sound similar to a CarPro Reload type of product. My bigest fear on coatings is that I won't be able to get that "fresh wax look" when I want it. I do like the way coatings are supposed to work though. I'll check out your pics.

#19 ·
F11 Topcoat should be applied after a thorough wash and clay bar, just like a ceramic coating. Both products promise a tougher paint protection over a wax.

I can only speak about the CarPro solution of Cquartz and the Reload spray. When I want that "just waxed" look I spray Reload on my washed and still wet car and dry with a Terry cloth towel followed with a microfiber towel buff. Like the F11 you can coat everything including the glass with Reload. I use it on the leather interior too.

#24 ·
Well, Merry Christmas to ME! My beautiful wife got me a GALLON + the 16 oz. bonus bottle of F 11 for a Christmas gift!!!!
Too bad it’s about 4 degrees out in the garage....can’t wait to get the recommended 3 or 4 coats on both of our cars the next Spring!!!

#29 ·
My daughter and I have asthma. We are looking at colder climates with less year round pollen.
With bad asthma....springtime is still going to be rough almost no matter where you live. It has not been above freezing during the day here (and single digits at night) for many days.......but in the spring, the grass and pine tree pollen turn everything bright yellow — including the air and your car.

#32 · (Edited)
I got the first coat on the entire car today (we set a record high temperature today of 54!!)...and the car just GLOWS!! Love this stuff.....but it is expensive. However, for the first coat, I used only about an inch of what was in the narrow neck of the spray bottle.
It appears to be unbelievable on windows......also, the black trim has no fear from getting any on it. Super easy to use....by the time you get half the car done, the application cloth is pretty well soaked, so you use less and less as you continue.

#33 ·
I go the first coat on the entire car today (we set a record high temperature today of 54!!)...and the car just GLOWS!! Love this stuff.....but it is expensive. However, for the first coat, I used only about an inch of what was in the narrow neck of the spray bottle.
It appears to be unbelievable on windows......also, the black trim has no fear from getting any on it. Super easy to use....by the time you get half the car done, the application cloth is pretty well soaked, so you use less and less as you continue.
Any streaking? Streaking can happen very easily when I use Reload. A different product I know, but your car description after application sounds like mine.

31F and snowing here. No Mustang driving for me. :(

#36 ·
Yes, I have been using products of TopCoat for quite a long time. They not only give a great shining look to the car but also protect the car from minor scratches, swirl marks etc. The end result is fantastic and the dust wipes right off. Topcoat F11 is quite easy to use. Just spray it and wipe it off with their micro-fiber towel. No waxing or rubbing required. Can't say enough good things personally about Topcoat f11!

#39 ·
Yes, I have been using products of TopCoat for quite a long time. They not only give a great shining look to the car but also protect the car from minor scratches, swirl marks etc. The end result is fantastic and the dust wipes right off. Topcoat F11 is quite easy to use. Just spray it and wipe it off with their micro-fiber towel. No waxing or rubbing required. Can't say enough good things personally about Topcoat f11!

#41 · (Edited)
F11 Top Coat is just a hyped up way overpriced paint sealant that is decent at best. Most professional detailers will tell you its just hyped up garbage. If you want something that works better and is literally half the price and last longer try Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant.

Basically you would wash the car, then apply the paint sealant then if you wanted to add a layer of wax on top of the paint sealant so you get extra shine and even more protection. Wax tends to fill in light scratches and swirl marks. But if you want to remove the light scratches/swirl marks then use polish. Compound is needed for deeper scratches and heavier swirl marks. If you use compound then you have to use a polish afterwards. Or you could buy a compound/polish mix made by Meguiar's.

#44 ·
I've used F11. It is expensive but it does go a long way. My mustang is Ingot silver and the paint and decals just "pop" more after I use it. It does seem to wash off and lose its luster after a wash tho. However, it does go on very easy. It says that there is no need to wash your car b4 use, but I always do. Pushing around dirt and grime on your paint that is barely wet doesnt seem like a good idea to me no matter what claim you make about your product lol. Altho I do think I am gona try some other products after my F11 is gone, I wud still recommend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.