Anyone here tried F11 Topcoat? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Anyone here tried F11 Topcoat?

I’ve been reading about this product, F11 Topcoat, and recently saw an ad for a couple of ounces sample, including a microfiber towel for less than $10.00 delivered, so I ordered it.
F11 is BY FAR the most expensive product I’ve ever tried, as it’s nearly $200.00 a gallon, and some are selling 16 oz for about $80.
I’ve tried it on the hood and one fender so far on my Guard Green, and the shine appears to be excellent, and VERY smooth.
F11 makes all kinds of claims about being able to wash your car without soap, dust will not stick, very durable......anyone else here ever tried this new product?
IF all of their claims are verifiable, it might be worth an investment, as even 16 oz appears to be able to last a couple of years. It is SUPER easy to use, as you just spray it on like a detail spray and wipe it off. There is no residue at all, which is nice on a dark color like Guard.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've come real close to ordering a bottle several times. Just not sure about spending $60 for a spray bottle. I'd also like to hear from people on here that have tried it. It looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbales88 View Post
I've come real close to ordering a bottle several times. Just not sure about spending $60 for a spray bottle. I'd also like to hear from people on here that have tried it. It looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If you want to experiment with it like I did, try to find the 2 ounce sample deal with microfiber cloth for less than $10 including shipping. 2 ounces will darn near do your whole Mustang with one coat (though they recommend three!!!).
The people who make this product have predominantly been marketing it to motorcycle owners, so I think that their effort expand into the auto market is something recent.
Using the search function here does not bring up any prior references to this product......maybe we’ll be the first, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #4

Region: Texas
Please let me know your experiences with this product.

On my silver 'stang I currently use Duragloss 501/601 w/ a white LC pad on a PC as an AIO to clean the paint and have at least 3 months of protection. Been using Aquawax after washings to extend the longevity into extra months.

I started using McKees 37 360 w/ a tangerine LC pad as an AIO (but this one does mild correction) on the wife's black truck with good results and at least 3 months of protection as well. This along with newly tried Optimum Opti Seal last month has made hers very easy to wash and blow dry.
Jack the cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the cat View Post
Please let me know your experiences with this product.

On my silver 'stang I currently use Duragloss 501/601 w/ a white LC pad on a PC as an AIO to clean the paint and have at least 3 months of protection. Been using Aquawax after washings to extend the longevity into extra months.

I started using McKees 37 360 w/ a crimson LC pad as an AIO (but this one does mild correction) on the wife's black truck with good results and at least 3 months of protection as well. This along with newly tried Optimum Opti Seal last month has made hers very easy to wash and blow dry.

I will not be able to attest as to the durability until later next Spring when I take it out of winter storage....but.....
After the first coat on the hood and front fenders, the shine was on a par with my Collinite 845, which has been my go-to product for many years. So I thought...OK so far.
However, after doing the recommended three coats (2 ounces really does go a long way) on the hood and front fenders, the depth of shine and the detail in the reflection is not something I’ve ever seen....on my car or any other.
Not only the shine depth, but the one thing that would attract me to F 11 is the absolute ease of use and COMPLETE lack of white residue — especially on my very dark Guard Green. There are no worries about white wax getting into the crevices or anywhere else.
F 11 goes on so fast and easy, you could do your whole car in mere minutes - and not have to go back with a toothbrush in all the crevices etc.
Now to justify the price — but as a one and done product (if your paint was contaminated, you’d probably have to clay bar first though) there really is no need for multi step processes either....still = $$’s!
Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I ordered the sample this week.... Hopefully it's good stuff.
SVOGT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
I ordered the sample this week.... Hopefully it's good stuff.
Please do come back here and let me know what you think of it? I do know you will be amazed how far only 2 ounces goes!
Old 11-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Gosh it sounds like CarPro Reload and you know my thoughts on that!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I want some high resolution pics guys. Real world results.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I used to use Photobucket but when they wanted to charge, I quit them. What is the process here to share pics from Google Photo?
Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UPG0UKmVkkGyO9dp1

Does this work for the rest of you? It works for me. The edges and detail of the reflections are what impressed me....more mirror-like than anything else I’ve tried in the past.
And yes, the hood is open slightly due the trickle charger, and making it easier to get to....
Old 11-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Impressive
Old 11-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Impressive
Thanks, Revvvv......and those pics were just under a couple of light bulbs on a cloudy day, in the garage.....can’t wait to see this out in direct and bright sunshine.
When you access the link, does clicking on the pics enlarge them for you?
Old 11-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
Gosh it sounds like CarPro Reload and you know my thoughts on that!
Scurfie.....they do look like similar products, with similar instructions for application. They are also priced comparably. How often do you have to use Reload, and how long does it last?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Interesting to compare my rant in this previous post:
The people who design cars don't need to work on them....and....

That lack of residue for F 11 in all of the creases and seams is very attractive to me as the Mustang has PLENTY of both.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Scurfie.....they do look like similar products, with similar instructions for application. They are also priced comparably. How often do you have to use Reload, and how long does it last?
Reload can last realistically about 3-4 months with a good shine. The ultra-smooth surface that I really like lasts about 2 months BUT that is with me washing my car in a car wash, by hand, with car wash soap. I see the F11 recommends just plain water. That has piqued my interest.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, Revvvv......and those pics were just under a couple of light bulbs on a cloudy day, in the garage.....can’t wait to see this out in direct and bright sunshine.
When you access the link, does clicking on the pics enlarge them for you?
I blew them up using zoom. I didn't click on the pics.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #18
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Is it like a paint coating? Can you apply after each wash? It does sound similar to a CarPro Reload type of product. My bigest fear on coatings is that I won't be able to get that "fresh wax look" when I want it. I do like the way coatings are supposed to work though. I'll check out your pics.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
Is it like a paint coating? Can you apply after each wash? It does sound similar to a CarPro Reload type of product. My bigest fear on coatings is that I won't be able to get that "fresh wax look" when I want it. I do like the way coatings are supposed to work though. I'll check out your pics.
F11 Topcoat should be applied after a thorough wash and clay bar, just like a ceramic coating. Both products promise a tougher paint protection over a wax.

I can only speak about the CarPro solution of Cquartz and the Reload spray. When I want that "just waxed" look I spray Reload on my washed and still wet car and dry with a Terry cloth towel followed with a microfiber towel buff. Like the F11 you can coat everything including the glass with Reload. I use it on the leather interior too.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
I am sure that you can read more about it on line as I have......I certainly don’t know what’s in it, or how I would use it in the longer term were I to order a larger size.
I will say that it is so SUPER fast and easy to apply that you certainly could do it often if that were your desire, and you could afford it.
My hope is that the shine is durable enough not to have to do that, as .......$$’s.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #21
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
F11 Topcoat should be applied after a thorough wash and clay bar, just like a ceramic coating. Both products promise a tougher paint protection over a wax.

I can only speak about the CarPro solution of Cquartz and the Reload spray. When I want that "just waxed" look I spray Reload on my washed and still wet car and dry with a Terry cloth towel followed with a microfiber towel buff. Like the F11 you can coat everything including the glass with Reload. I use it on the leather interior too.
Thanks! I certainly like the ease of use.

Quote:
I am sure that you can read more about it on line as I have......I certainly don’t know what’s in it, or how I would use it in the longer term were I to order a larger size.
I will say that it is so SUPER fast and easy to apply that you certainly could do it often if that were your desire, and you could afford it.
My hope is that the shine is durable enough not to have to do that, as .......$$’s.
I'll check it out. I'm always interested in new products.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

CarPro has a website. There car detailers post interesting information and answer questions.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Anyone here received their sample yet, and tried it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing