AmericanMuscle.com DISCOUNT CODE for MustangEvolution.com - READ ME! - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
No offense taken. I know, I'm not saying how they handled me was wrong nor inappropriate. I didn't know they did price matching until everything was already placed, this was my first order with AM, and so I was hoping with all the glowing reviews of their customer service that they would be willing to work with my order based on it's status at the time of contact, i.e still awaiting to even be approved, that's the very first step of that process after submitting my order, you can't get much newer on your order status then that. That's why I think their service is average. The rep didn't actually try to help me, he just read the policy, and had I not been keen to some merchants who charge re-stocking and/or return shipping fee's I would have had to learn that the hard way too. The rep knew 100% that I was shipping the product back yet he completely avoided mentioning any costs associated with going that route when I asked him how to do the return. He simply said we'll issue you an RMA with all our information and you can simply send it back. To me, that sounds like a pre-paid shipping return label. Like I said, I'm not saying how they handled me was wrong nor inappropriate. I pay premium prices for premium service's all the time, I understand that you usually get what you pay for but in this case, I'm just not willing to pay the slightly higher prices AM has compared to other large competitors when the service seems average. I will say this though, the couple of interactions I've had with the AM forum members sure had me sold on the customer service. They were both very detailed and cordial in their replies and the PM's I've had. So I do have to commend those select few on truly going above and beyond but unfortunately they're not the ones I've dealt with when it matters the most. However, this thread is dedicated to those seeking out the discount code so in respect to AM in general I'm going to discontinue my discussion of this matter on their thread. If they choose to reply publicly I will do that same, otherwise I've said my peace, and feel I've expressed myself thoroughly concerning their quality of service in the most earnest way possible.
I'm willing to bet AM is gonna see this & give u what u want because the really do have great customer service..I really wish they wouldn't tho! AMs great service sometimes works against them when people try to take advantage of it for mistakes they made! Really don't mean any offense to u I just hate how today's society feels so dam entitled like everyone deserved to bend over backwards for them just because! Good CS is one thing but letting people get their way all the time just because they complain a little is dumb IMO. Anyways sorry for the hijack I'm done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I'm willing to bet AM is gonna see this & give u what u want because the really do have great customer service..I really wish they wouldn't tho! AMs great service sometimes works against them when people try to take advantage of it for mistakes they made! Really don't mean any offense to u I just hate how today's society feels so dam entitled like everyone deserved to bend over backwards for them just because! Good CS is one thing but letting people get their way all the time just because they complain a little is dumb IMO. Anyways sorry for the hijack I'm done!
To each their own, great service vs standard service.

Great service - Willing to work with a customer whose order isn't even approved yet, technically in a state where they could cancel the whole thing and simply resubmit the order following proper policy.

Standard service - Reads policy, follows policy and says have a great day and is there anything else I can help you with.

Poor service - Withhold's information (intentionally or not) concerning fees and procedures on one of the most common tasks of an internet based company, shipping and handling.

I don't feel entitled to anything, truly, I don't. I know what the fine print says now and I fully acknowledge my mistake and that my error produced the outcome.

I think between you and I, we just have a different fundamental basis for determining "great service". And there's nothing wrong with that, a business is in no degree required to cater to every customer type. Obviously for you, they've met your expectations based on your vehement response. For me, I tend to stick with companies that show leniency from time to time.
007Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
To each their own, great service vs standard service. Great service - Willing to work with a customer whose order isn't even approved yet, technically in a state where they could cancel the whole thing and simply resubmit the order following proper policy. Standard service - Reads policy, follows policy and says have a great day and is there anything else I can help you with. Poor service - Withhold's information (intentionally or not) concerning fees and procedures on one of the most common tasks of an internet based company, shipping and handling. I don't feel entitled to anything, truly, I don't. I know what the fine print says now and I fully acknowledge my mistake and that my error produced the outcome. I think between you and I, we just have a different fundamental basis for determining "great service". And there's nothing wrong with that, a business is in no degree required to cater to every customer type. Obviously for you, they've met your expectations based on your vehement response. For me, I tend to stick with companies that show leniency from time to time.
I agree with u 100 man! I didn't really mean that comment for u but more for most people out there thinking they're entitled to everything just because they b*tch a little to get what they want!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
i pm'd yesterday and never got a response....

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
6% discount sounds really good. Wish I had it $3000 ago.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #146

Thank you guys for the great options
I have a 2000 mustang gt 5 speed and i cant wait to start ordering more parts from american muscle

Lean lucciano
lean lucciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
AM Purchase

I shop at AM allot and have dropped some coin there on my last purchase I had an issue with a part failed and have yet to get a response. Not asking for anything free I got money but at least a reply as to their thoughts but nothing yet.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
One question I have is regarding the first post of this thread. It talks about the 6% discount and it also talks about price matching. I recently found out that they don't do both n the same purchase. Or do they?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #149
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
One question I have is regarding the first post of this thread. It talks about the 6% discount and it also talks about price matching. I recently found out that they don't do both n the same purchase. Or do they?
They don't, you either get one or the other. The way it was described to me by places that price match is that price matching is considered discounting and discounts can't be stacked.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How long did it take you guys to get a response from Dan about the code? I sent him 2 messages in the last 4 days and still haven't heard back. Bummer because I wanted to place an order to get parts this weekend to install them, that won't be happening now...
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

It took about a week for me.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
waiting for my discount code....
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

In the end Dan never got back to me. I gave up and asked Alex, he gave me the code within minutes.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #155
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
asked Alex, he gave me the code within minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaighost View Post
waiting for my discount code....
You sir have a PM!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a wheel and tire package.. Time to send a PM..

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #157
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a wheel and tire package.. Time to send a PM..
Shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

PM sent. Thank you sir!

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #160
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony123 View Post
Pm sent.
Replied
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Any chance I can get the code? Lol I'm trying to build up my post count.
andrev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #162
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrev6 View Post
Any chance I can get the code? Lol I'm trying to build up my post count.
Hey,

Because of our agreement with the forums, we can only give away the coupon code to members with over 50 posts. Hit me up when you have 50 posts and I'll gladly hook you up!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Ok 37 more to go.
andrev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Why 50 posts before a member can receive the discount code. I mean why not 10 or 25?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Mschrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschrod View Post
Why 50 posts before a member can receive the discount code. I mean why not 10 or 25?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Because if there were low to no minimum post requirements people would simply join the forum and ask for a discount code. They would spread the word to other people, the snowball grows, and eventually generous vendors like American Muscle have to decline any further discount offers as this would affect their bottom line, simple as that.

I've been on the site for some time now and we've encountered issues just like that, so the vendors who are considerate enough to offer a perk have worked out some mutually beneficial agreements with the forum admins/owners.

Stay active on the site, offer insight and advice, post questions of your own and you'll be at 100 posts before you know it!

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Alex is awesome. Quick and helpful.
stangs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Pm sent.. thx buddy... man I have spent over 1000 already on American muscle and just now noticed I can get a discount for being a member here

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey,

Because of our agreement with the forums, we can only give away the coupon code to members with over 50 posts. Hit me up when you have 50 posts and I'll gladly hook you up!

May I get a code for having over 250 posts?

KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Are y'all still doing the discount? I finally got to the point where I'm buying a good bit of parts and a discount would be great

got_stanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #170
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_stanged View Post
Are y'all still doing the discount? I finally got to the point where I'm buying a good bit of parts and a discount would be great

Yes... PM one of the AM reps.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #171
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
Pm sent.. thx buddy... man I have spent over 1000 already on American muscle and just now noticed I can get a discount for being a member here
Quote:
Originally Posted by got_stanged View Post
Absolutely! Shoot me a PM and I'll get you guys set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yes... PM one of the AM reps.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like I need to get my post count up!

bob_kky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

yep this post count thing sux but the 6% will make it worth it i guess.
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_kky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpandan View Post
You'll get it in no time.
@deadpandan the post count is there for a reason

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #175
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_kky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpandan View Post
Looking like you guys aren't that far off at all! Let me know when you're over 50 and I'll get you hooked up!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle