AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

The shifter feels great. The rattle that came about 3 months later is unbearable.
I have resolved it by removing the two allen screws either side of shifter handle, placed thin rubber washer over top of spring, then a thin metal washer on top of that. screwed the allen screw back down with blue thread lock and now 3K miles latter no issues and works great.
Hope that helps others. I have had this shifter for over a year waiting to upgrade to a MGW, Pro 5.0, or Steeda ect...
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
The shifter feels great. The rattle that came about 3 months later is unbearable.
I have resolved it by removing the two allen screws either side of shifter handle, placed thin rubber washer over top of spring, then a thin metal washer on top of that. screwed the allen screw back down with blue thread lock and now 3K miles latter no issues and works great.
Hope that helps others. I have had this shifter for over a year waiting to upgrade to a MGW, Pro 5.0, or Steeda ect...
Robb,
I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had an issue with our shifter but I'm glad to hear that you were able to MacGyver it yourself. Did you have a digital camera? Can you please take some pictures of the modifications you made, so that I may have our Parts Team examine them and see if we can't give our manufacturer some feedback in helping to prevent this in the future? We sell a ton of this and have little to no issues, but any help in preventing future issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also, could you please PM me your order number or email and any possible receipt for the parts you had to purchase to make it work? I would like to reimburse you if you had to spend any money to correct the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Have a wonderful evening!
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
clark98gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 80
Re: AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

That is good customer service there. I applaud AM for that!
__________________
1998 Gt- current progress
Engine back in car some reassembly required
clark98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
Re: AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

Yep, I love American Muscle. My order history is on file there. I will gladly e-mail you directly as to what I did with pictures. There was no cost, but thank you very much for the generous offer. It was a rubber washer (faucet stem seat), and a common flat metal washer on top of that. I would guess that a stronger & taller spring installed originally would be suffice.
I promise to get that picture/info together for ya, Love you long time- Robb Sharp
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark98gt View Post
That is good customer service there. I applaud AM for that!
Thanks, Clark! That's what we're here for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
Yep, I love American Muscle. My order history is on file there. I will gladly e-mail you directly as to what I did with pictures. There was no cost, but thank you very much for the generous offer. It was a rubber washer (faucet stem seat), and a common flat metal washer on top of that. I would guess that a stronger & taller spring installed originally would be suffice.
I promise to get that picture/info together for ya, Love you long time- Robb Sharp
Lol, thanks, Robb! Please do, shoot me an email whenever you have some pictures or order information ready for me and I can get it to our Parts Experts immediately. We really appreciate the feedback/input and hopefully this can help us to deliver a better a product! If I can't reimburse you for the time/effort you put into correcting the issue, may I offer you a T-shirt? If so, what size are ya? Shoot me an email at chris(dot)young(at)americanmuscle(dot)com with your shirt size and any possible pics you might have!

Thanks again, Robb! If I don't hear from you before then, have a wonderful Holiday!
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Muscle's "cheap" short shifter rattle robb15033 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 12-07-2011 12:21 AM
MGW or Steeda short throw shifter? Gobabygo67 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 12-02-2011 03:14 PM
MGW Short Throw Shifter avengnd 2011-2014 Mustang GT 48 11-29-2011 11:23 PM
Short Throw Shifter bmabbott Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 11 08-17-2011 04:03 PM
WTB/ short throw shifter 93stang306 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 06-25-2011 09:10 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:14 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.