AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

The shifter feels great. The rattle that came about 3 months later is unbearable.
I have resolved it by removing the two allen screws either side of shifter handle, placed thin rubber washer over top of spring, then a thin metal washer on top of that. screwed the allen screw back down with blue thread lock and now 3K miles latter no issues and works great.
Hope that helps others. I have had this shifter for over a year waiting to upgrade to a MGW, Pro 5.0, or Steeda ect...
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: AmericanMuscle "cheap" short throw shifter "rattle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
The shifter feels great. The rattle that came about 3 months later is unbearable.
I have resolved it by removing the two allen screws either side of shifter handle, placed thin rubber washer over top of spring, then a thin metal washer on top of that. screwed the allen screw back down with blue thread lock and now 3K miles latter no issues and works great.
Hope that helps others. I have had this shifter for over a year waiting to upgrade to a MGW, Pro 5.0, or Steeda ect...
Robb,
I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had an issue with our shifter but I'm glad to hear that you were able to MacGyver it yourself. Did you have a digital camera? Can you please take some pictures of the modifications you made, so that I may have our Parts Team examine them and see if we can't give our manufacturer some feedback in helping to prevent this in the future? We sell a ton of this and have little to no issues, but any help in preventing future issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also, could you please PM me your order number or email and any possible receipt for the parts you had to purchase to make it work? I would like to reimburse you if you had to spend any money to correct the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Have a wonderful evening!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That is good customer service there. I applaud AM for that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Yep, I love American Muscle. My order history is on file there. I will gladly e-mail you directly as to what I did with pictures. There was no cost, but thank you very much for the generous offer. It was a rubber washer (faucet stem seat), and a common flat metal washer on top of that. I would guess that a stronger & taller spring installed originally would be suffice.
I promise to get that picture/info together for ya, Love you long time- Robb Sharp
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark98gt View Post
That is good customer service there. I applaud AM for that!
Thanks, Clark! That's what we're here for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
Yep, I love American Muscle. My order history is on file there. I will gladly e-mail you directly as to what I did with pictures. There was no cost, but thank you very much for the generous offer. It was a rubber washer (faucet stem seat), and a common flat metal washer on top of that. I would guess that a stronger & taller spring installed originally would be suffice.
I promise to get that picture/info together for ya, Love you long time- Robb Sharp
Lol, thanks, Robb! Please do, shoot me an email whenever you have some pictures or order information ready for me and I can get it to our Parts Experts immediately. We really appreciate the feedback/input and hopefully this can help us to deliver a better a product! If I can't reimburse you for the time/effort you put into correcting the issue, may I offer you a T-shirt? If so, what size are ya? Shoot me an email at chris(dot)young(at)americanmuscle(dot)com with your shirt size and any possible pics you might have!

Thanks again, Robb! If I don't hear from you before then, have a wonderful Holiday!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle