First AM Purchase, Not so good.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
First AM Purchase, Not so good..

Last week I ordered the Mach 1 grill delete 3pc kit and it arrived today. I went ahead and removed the stock grill when I placed the order. So needless to say I was anxious to get it. I just received it 30 minutes ago. Now, Ive been watching How-To vids and read the installation guide on AM website, so I knew what to do. After getting the Radiator piece installed I went to do the bottom lip. As I was putting it in and sliding the tabs to the top portion of the bumper, the tab broke! WTF! I didn't pry it apart, mishandle it, force or abuse it, just simply started to slide it on and SNAP the right tab broke off. So I figured okay, let me at least slide the other side on and if its tight, no problem, (for now) SNAP! OMFG are you serious! So I called AM and when explaining it to him he agrees that those tabs are brittle. He then says that they're molded to the lip, these tabs look glued on to it, and that's where they broke. He then went on asking if I wanted another lip, umm yeah.... Theyre sending another one, but what are the chances that one's not going to break?
This being my first purchase from them, I dont want to have a bad taste in my mouth about their products. Now I have to WAIT another week to hopefully get the quality part!
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01
Last week I ordered the Mach 1 grill delete 3pc kit and it arrived today. I went ahead and removed the stock grill when I placed the order. So needless to say I was anxious to get it. I just received it 30 minutes ago. Now, Ive been watching How-To vids and read the installation guide on AM website, so I knew what to do. After getting the Radiator piece installed I went to do the bottom lip. As I was putting it in and sliding the tabs to the top portion of the bumper, the tab broke! WTF! I didn't pry it apart, mishandle it, force or abuse it, just simply started to slide it on and SNAP the right tab broke off. So I figured okay, let me at least slide the other side on and if its tight, no problem, (for now) SNAP! OMFG are you serious! So I called AM and when explaining it to him he agrees that those tabs are brittle. He then says that they're molded to the lip, these tabs look glued on to it, and that's where they broke. He then went on asking if I wanted another lip, umm yeah.... Theyre sending another one, but what are the chances that one's not going to break?
This being my first purchase from them, I dont want to have a bad taste in my mouth about their products. Now I have to WAIT another week to hopefully get the quality part!
Im not sure exactlly what happened but i have a good guess... I would bet some one bought then tryed installing it wrong and broke it then decided to glue it back together and make it look like nothing was wrong with it and returned it saying he/she decided against it and wanted to keep there stock stuff. Prolly even said they never took it outa the box so after a quick eye ball it got put back on the shelf as a new product and resold to u. Dosent matter how good the company this stuff happens all the time. Ask them to physically check the product there sending u b4 they send it because of ur trouble thuse far im sure theyll be happy to. I know when i was in sales lots of ppl tryed that stuff and u know what they say for every 1 catch 3 prolly got by u.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: First AM Purchase, Not so good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Im not sure exactlly what happened but i have a good guess... I would bet some one bought then tryed installing it wrong and broke it then decided to glue it back together and make it look like nothing was wrong with it and returned it saying he/she decided against it and wanted to keep there stock stuff. Prolly even said they never took it outa the box so after a quick eye ball it got put back on the shelf as a new product and resold to u. Dosent matter how good the company this stuff happens all the time. Ask them to physically check the product there sending u b4 they send it because of ur trouble thuse far im sure theyll be happy to. I know when i was in sales lots of ppl tryed that stuff and u know what they say for every 1 catch 3 prolly got by u.
That never even crossed my mind that someone would've done it. I told him that I would sent it back to show him it looked glued he said if its broke., we don't want/need it...
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

OP, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the troubles you had with the lower lip of your Mach1 grille delete. They're a very popular item for the 99-04s and we have very little issues with them. It definitely sounds like you received a grille that was returned previously. Someone snuck that by our Returns Team for sure.

I'm confident that you'll get the second one on with no issues, whatsoever. If you have any troubles whatsoever, please shoot me a PM directly and I can handle your issue personally. Please keep me updated and let me know how it goes. I'd be happy to help you in any way possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great night!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung View Post
OP, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the troubles you had with the lower lip of your Mach1 grille delete. They're a very popular item for the 99-04s and we have very little issues with them. It definitely sounds like you received a grille that was returned previously. Someone snuck that by our Returns Team for sure.

I'm confident that you'll get the second one on with no issues, whatsoever. If you have any troubles whatsoever, please shoot me a PM directly and I can handle your issue personally. Please keep me updated and let me know how it goes. I'd be happy to help you in any way possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great night!
Thanks Chris, I didnt want to believe that the material was weak and cheap. The deceitfulness of a certain young kid is crazy stupid. I'm confident the new one will be of good quality, thanks!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Seems like u just got unlucky with your order. I've ordered at least 15+ parts from American Muscle and they all were fine. Again u probably just got unlucky.

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
AM are awesome guys that being said I just ordered my first part, the gt hood scoop. I was so excited to get it and when I do I realize they did not send me the vinyl inserts for it, called and they said they don't make them and don't have ne in stock, I understand 100% but now it's going to be around two weeks before I get them bc the part maker is shipping them to me. Trying not to have a bad taste in my mouth as well, sure it will get taken care of just really hope they truly are sending me the vinyls
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

They were very quick to fix the issue on the phone and I do believe maybe I received a broken return. I just hate having to wait for a part that is defective beyond my control. I dont think I read a bad review about them at all. Just wanted to be one of the many with a flawless purchase...heres a pic of the tabs that broke. Observe the shiny glue substance at the cracks

Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

how cold/warm is it where you are? I hate that I am in ohio because when it comes to plastics so much more crap just breaks when your trying to fidget around, vs in the summer when all plastic is more pliable.

not saying you did this, but be thankful because that doesnt look just molded. And Chris and the guys at AM are awesome no questions asked. Keep up the good work Chris!

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

american muscle is awesome , look at the way Chris jumps on small problems . great company to get cool stuff from.....
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah. I've ordered over 4 grand in power, suspension, tuning and tire mods and they have all been awesome! AM+1
Old 01-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
how cold/warm is it where you are? I hate that I am in ohio because when it comes to plastics so much more crap just breaks when your trying to fidget around, vs in the summer when all plastic is more pliable.

not saying you did this, but be thankful because that doesnt look just molded. And Chris and the guys at AM are awesome no questions asked. Keep up the good work Chris!
Understood, it was 30 degrees outside but the box was in my house (74) while I was in class yesterday and I installed it in my garage which is heated. Also he told me it was a completely molded peice not glued like I described.
Like I said, I'm not bad mouthing AM or its employees, just expected a smooth happy first experience as others have.

I was told about a similar situation at a store my sister worked that someone returned a laptop and it was put back on the shelf. Someone bought it and inside was a weight wrapped in bubble wrap....the nerve of some people.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01 View Post
Understood, it was 30 degrees outside but the box was in my house (74) while I was in class yesterday and I installed it in my garage which is heated. Also he told me it was a completely molded peice not glued like I described.
Like I said, I'm not bad mouthing AM or its employees, just expected a smooth happy first experience as others have.
Unfortunately, sometimes in life we want so badly for something to be perfect and when it isn't it can feel like a major let-down. While this is definitely an inconvenience and something that is out of the norm in terms of experiences with us, it can happen. We're a company operated by humans and humans are not infallible.

That being said, the truly great companies are the ones who stand behind their products and their people. We'll do everything in our powers to make this right for you. I can assure you, you won't find another company as intent as us when it comes to correcting issues. We may do hundreds of orders a day, but yours is still important to us and I will do everything within my powers to get you what you need and in the condition to expect it to be in. We just appreciate your patience and understanding thus far. Thank you!

Thanks for all the support, everybody!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
It does happen to even the best of us. I've had that happen with shoes we got the wrong sizes in a box once didn't even know it until the customer left and came back. The good part was at the end of the day the customer laughed about it.

Have no fear with American Muscle they stand behind their products. I wouldn't use them if they didn't.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota

Quote:
I was told about a similar situation at a store my sister worked that someone returned a laptop and it was put back on the shelf. Someone bought it and inside was a weight wrapped in bubble wrap....the nerve of some people.
Back in the early 80's I worked part time in a auto parts store. Sometimes people would buy a few hundred dollars worth of parts trying to solve a problem, then later return what they didn't need. Nothing wrong with this, it's a common and accepted practice, however....

I can't even begin to count how many times people took broken, dirty or worn out points, condensers, rotor caps, spark plugs, air filters, radiator caps etc and put them into a new box and tried to return them as new unused parts.

Some people simply suck. You can't fault AM's return department, I'm sure they were doing their jobs as usual and someone was able to sneak one past them...
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7

Hey this happened to me too! im sending it back soon, the little hinges are very weak and you have to be VERY careful! Sorry to hear that man, just be excited for what it will look like when its all said and done! AM is a great business! Gotta love them!
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Look, I can't make my self clear enough. I'm not talkin crap about AM. I'm stating my FIRT purchase experience, almost like a good/bad guy thread. Between the Reps on here and the guy I spoke with on the phone, their customer service is top notch! I'm exlaining about a product I bought that broke immediately without purpose or abuse. He stated he would send me a new lip and he sent it overnight because I just received it 3 minutes ago. Opened the box that is 4ft long and there was no buffer packaging so the lip slid around and out comes 2 peices, the lip and a broken tab. Am I writing a bad review, NO! Am I going to buy from them again, yes I have stuff in my cart waiting for tomorow. I am simply stating that the material itself was weak, or weakened. Wpeak enough that the replacement broke "in route" delivery. I am anxious for when its installed and what the final look is going to be. I am just going to install this broken lip anyways so AM doesn't think that I am a "that guy" customer. Ill upload the pics to show when I go inside.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, i have my broken one installed and it had two big gaps on the sides, call up AM again man. Look dont worry about being "that guy" get what you paid for!
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
Regular

Region: Tennessee

AmericanMuscle can probably make a claim against the delivery service? Please get in contact with Chris Young on here and let him know. They are simply here to help you get your order right, along with all our other sponsors.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
AmericanMuscle can probably make a claim against the delivery service? Please get in contact with Chris Young on here and let him know. They are simply here to help you get your order right, along with all our other sponsors.
I believe that....maybe its just my stroke of bad luck LoL...I sent Chris a PM relating to my last post...
Old 01-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Hey, third times a charm

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hey, third times a charm
Hahaha i really hope so!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Hahaha i really hope so!
Haha. I think you just have bad luck when it cones to shipping. Be careful please.

Now that I said that I hope the bottle openers got/get there ok.

They should arrive between today and tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Haha. I think you just have bad luck when it cones to shipping. Be careful please.

Now that I said that I hope the bottle openers got/get there ok.

They should arrive between today and tomorrow.
LoL I got those yesterday! As well as other parts, thanks!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Awesome! Thanks for ordering.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Just ordered my smoked 05-09 taillights and sequential taillights kit! Beyond excited to see installed!

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly
Just ordered my smoked 05-09 taillights and sequential taillights kit! Beyond excited to see installed!
Did you get the turn signal thing that slows down the sequence? I believe its like $50, anyone know anything about it?
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
Old 01-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Look, I can't make my self clear enough. I'm not talkin crap about AM. I'm stating my FIRT purchase experience, almost like a good/bad guy thread. Between the Reps on here and the guy I spoke with on the phone, their customer service is top notch! I'm exlaining about a product I bought that broke immediately without purpose or abuse. He stated he would send me a new lip and he sent it overnight because I just received it 3 minutes ago. Opened the box that is 4ft long and there was no buffer packaging so the lip slid around and out comes 2 peices, the lip and a broken tab. Am I writing a bad review, NO! Am I going to buy from them again, yes I have stuff in my cart waiting for tomorow. I am simply stating that the material itself was weak, or weakened. Wpeak enough that the replacement broke "in route" delivery. I am anxious for when its installed and what the final look is going to be. I am just going to install this broken lip anyways so AM doesn't think that I am a "that guy" customer. Ill upload the pics to show when I go inside.

We definitely don't think you're being, "that guy," Thomas. On the contrary, you're helping us solve a problem. If there's more than one damaged one and that one wasn't a return, then I'm wondering if we got a shipment that was dropped or damaged as a whole.

I've forwarded this as a resolution to our Customer Service Team Lead and he's going to go examine our inventory to make sure this isn't happening to anyone else either. He's also going to get you one that's perfect, wrap/package it significantly better and double-box it. That way it's sure to get to you with no broken tabs.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Have a great weekend!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose View Post
We definitely don't think you're being, "that guy," Thomas. On the contrary, you're helping us solve a problem. If there's more than one damaged one and that one wasn't a return, then I'm wondering if we got a shipment that was dropped or damaged as a whole.

I've forwarded this as a resolution to our Customer Service Team Lead and he's going to go examine our inventory to make sure this isn't happening to anyone else either. He's also going to get you one that's perfect, wrap/package it significantly better and double-box it. That way it's sure to get to you with no broken tabs.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Chris for the prompt resolve! In no way was I bashing AM or you guys, just a little peeved is all. Look forward to my future purchases!!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

No, i think it looks better sped up anyways =P

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 01-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Damn... I am constantly blown away by AMs customer service. I always thought Costco had the best customer service and I pay to be a member there! Costco doesn't even compare to AMs service!! This is why AM customers are so damn loyal, well that and the quality of products.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
Damn... I am constantly blown away by AMs customer service. I always thought Costco had the best customer service and I pay to be a member there! Costco doesn't even compare to AMs service!! This is why AM customers are so damn loyal, well that and the quality of products.
Definitely Impressed by their CS! Chris stays on top of ish!! +100 to him taking care of my "rough" situation on a first purchase with AM!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #33
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Definitely Impressed by their CS! Chris stays on top of ish!! +100 to him taking care of my "rough" situation on a first purchase with AM!!!
Glad its getting fixed. They are awesome, I was worried about buying from them at first, but once my order came I was happy, and I've been a repeat customer.
Just need more money.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #34
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Thanks so much for the kind words, everybody. We greatly appreciate you guys giving us the opportunity to be apart of the community and use it to help our customers out. Without forums like this, we wouldn't be able to find and help customers out of tricky situations.

Not everyone is so keen to let companies help them and if something is wrong with their first order, they'll normally never be back. However, we go above and beyond the call of customer service to ensure our patrons are pleased in every aspect of the purchasing process. I hope you'll all have great buying experiences with us and that you never have to speak with me about problems with your order, but if you do, that's what I'm here for!

Please don't ever hesitate to PM me with order questions or input. I'm always happy to help!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I received a phone call from Jay at AM. Chris ended up filling him in on what was happening with my first order. These guys are totally on top of this customer service thing. Wow, I mean seriously. I was a little irritated about this 1 small piece of a kit that I was having such a bad time with. Everything is being resolved and I totally believe this guy in him stating he was personally going to handle this order! Since, I have already made another order with full confidence that I wouldnt have this issue ever again! Thanks to the whole AM TEAM for clearing this situation up! Add another pleased customer to your books!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle