Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights - Illegal in TX - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights - Illegal in TX

I got pulled over this morning for tinted tail lights. Only got a warning, but now I will have to change them. I had no idea it was a state law, I was only aware of the window tinting issues. I have had these for 8 months with no problems. This is the only reason he stopped me.

But why isn't there a note for the tail lights that they may be illegal in your state? AM doesn't even give a hint of there being a possible problem. Other companies have this note and suggest that you all them to find out for sure. Now I have wasted almost $150.

Also I requested a discount through PM with no response, I guess I am shifting my business to someone else.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

u had no idea it was illegal to have tinted tails here in tx?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Guess I can't go to texas
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights - Illegal in TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
u had no idea it was illegal to have tinted tails here in tx?
Nope, I figured if you tinted yourself, it could be too dark. That's why I bought already tinted, thinking they would within whatever parameters.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
I got pulled over this morning for tinted tail lights. Only got a warning, but now I will have to change them. I had no idea it was a state law, I was only aware of the window tinting issues. I have had these for 8 months with no problems. This is the only reason he stopped me.

But why isn't there a note for the tail lights that they may be illegal in your state? AM doesn't even give a hint of there being a possible problem. Other companies have this note and suggest that you all them to find out for sure. Now I have wasted almost $150.

Also I requested a discount through PM with no response, I guess I am shifting my business to someone else.
Accusing the company you bought the tail lights from is a completely immature response to you getting pulled over, whenever dealing with tint it is YOUR responsibility to check your state laws and not rely on the company to tell you if they are legal or not. They are responsible for selling the products, not keeping you out of trouble with the law.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Accusing the company you bought the tail lights from is a completely immature response to you getting pulled over, whenever dealing with tint it is YOUR responsibility to check your state laws and not rely on the company to tell you if they are legal or not. They are responsible for selling the products, not keeping you out of trouble with the law.
+1, maybe not as harshly though lol.

I have no idea if it's legal here in Wisconsin but I bought them anyways. Not AMs fault.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker View Post
+1, maybe not as harshly though lol.

I have no idea if it's legal here in Wisconsin but I bought them anyways. Not AMs fault.
I didn't mean for it to come across harshly... I just wanted to get the point across lol
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not blaming them for getting pulled over. I'm saying that most companies give you a heads up that something is not legal in all states. Just like many products say , not legal in CA. I bought some new ones from a different company, they actually had a note that it may not be legal on all states and to call to verify. It's good customer service.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
I'm not blaming them for getting pulled over. I'm saying that most companies give you a heads up that something is not legal in all states. Just like many products say , not legal in CA. I bought some new ones from a different company, they actually had a note that it may not be legal on all states and to call to verify. It's good customer service.
I totally get what you are talking about but i personally always do my research first.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

What's so hard to understand about a note saying "may not be legal in all 50 states"
I'm pissed the cop was such a chickensh•%. I typically do a lot of research, but trusted AM would give a heads up. I've had great experiences with them in the past.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Damn....I'm banned from Texas too
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah in Texas you get pulled for tinted tail lights, my buddy kept his stock lights in the back, and when the cop asked he said he was just about to replace the stock lights
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

****! i have a bad feeling im gona be pulled over soon for mine (knock on wood)

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:

Aggiesrok,

I'm really sorry we didn't mention on our site that these aren't 50 state legal. All tint, headlight, taillight, Window tint ectt.. is usually "illegal". However most county's really don't give you a problem, even in Texas it took them 8+ months to say something to you.

I'm really glad that they just gave you a warning. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll look into your order and see if there's anything I can do! I'm not sure who you PMed for the discount code, however I've just sent you over the code.

I would hate for this to ruin our relationship. We value very single customer and will always do whatever we can do make sure your satisfied. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Aggiesrok,

I'm really sorry we didn't mention on our site that these aren't 50 state legal. All tint, headlight, taillight, Window tint ectt.. is usually "illegal". However most county's really don't give you a problem, even in Texas it took them 8+ months to say something to you.

I'm really glad that they just gave you a warning. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll look into your order and see if there's anything I can do! I'm not sure who you PMed for the discount code, however I've just sent you over the code.

I would hate for this to ruin our relationship. We value very single customer and will always do whatever we can do make sure your satisfied. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

- Dan
Thanks for the response and the discount. It's good customer service to follow up on the sour ones. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Thanks for the response and the discount. It's good customer service to follow up on the sour ones. Thanks again.
Not a problem at all. I hate to see unhappy customers, like I said we'll always bend over backwards for you guys. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Great job AM. Making things right when you did no wrong!

OP-So you saw on other sites that they weren't legal in all 50 states, but you didn't think to check your own state? You can't get mad at AM for now pointing that out to you. Just like when you buy a gun, they don't hold your hand and tell you they arent legal to carry in all 50 states. Not meant to be harsh, but come on, think a little.
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well looks like I'm getting covers instead haha , if the cop pulls me over I'll just get out and take the covers off
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125
Well looks like I'm getting covers instead haha , if the cop pulls me over I'll just get out and take the covers off
Be careful with those too, they can still give you a ticket on the spot w/o even a chance to take them off. They know you will just put them back on when you get home. I had mine sprayed by a professional with a tinted clear coat. They still look stock but they are tinted. I have had cops even compliment me on them (in VA, and troopers are pricks here) and have had no problems.
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

Was it a city cop that pulled u over ?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ

Be careful with those too, they can still give you a ticket on the spot w/o even a chance to take them off. They know you will just put them back on when you get home. I had mine sprayed by a professional with a tinted clear coat. They still look stock but they are tinted. I have had cops even compliment me on them (in VA, and troopers are pricks here) and have had no problems.
The ones I have right now are tinted but barley , and It's better to throw away $80 on covers than $200 on some bad *** smoked projectors headlights man I want some haha why can't they be legal );
Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="TXstang125"]

Was it a city cop that pulled u over ?

Yeah, Bryan city motorcycle cop. But I found some awesome Black LEDs with clear covers, DOT approved. They look a little like the 2013s and badass. I'll put them on Saturday and post a pic in the GT section.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Wow usually city cops don't care about smoked lights
Old 01-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You aren't told that the smoked tail lights may be illegal in your state for obvious reasons. There's money to be made here. They are not concerned with your duty as a safe driving citizen not to illegally modify your vehicle.
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936 View Post
Yeah in Texas you get pulled for tinted tail lights, my buddy kept his stock lights in the back, and when the cop asked he said he was just about to replace the stock lights
---------------------------------------------------------------------You might tell your buddy that is really stupid. When most officers pull you over, they make a little entry into their database, so when he is stopped, the officer will already know this excuse has been used before. NOTHING worse than lying to a police officer. Not only will you get a ticket then, but every time you are stopped you will get a citation automatically.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Exclamation Some one call a Wah-bulance.....

Quote:
What's so hard to understand about a note saying "may not be legal in all 50 states"
I'm pissed the cop was such a chickensh•%. I typically do a lot of research, but trusted AM would give a heads up. I've had great experiences with them in the past.
So you didn't do your research and got stopped and are mad at the officer?

What's next? Does AM have to send someone to change your diaper?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #27
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Those posts are 5 years old lol. ok, my car was tinted at the factory, therefore, NOT modified. Those are allowed.
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
Those posts are 5 years old lol. ok, my car was tinted at the factory, therefore, NOT modified. Those are allowed.
The laws still apply. Although the thread is 5 years old there are those that may want to know this information don't you think?
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #29
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikker View Post
The laws still apply. Although the thread is 5 years old there are those that may want to know this information don't you think?
Sure, but the persons he's replying too has probably been gone for years...
Old 01-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Bringing old threads back form the dead for a purpose is always a good thing.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #31
Road Trip!
Regular

Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights - Illegal in TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Bringing old threads back form the dead for a purpose is always a good thing.

yes...

but.... but now i have questions & no one to answer them
Autocorrect is my worst enema...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle