MMD Hood Strut Clip Broke - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
MMD Hood Strut Clip Broke

Hey AM guys!
First off I just want to say thanks for being a great company! Secondly, I had a set of MMD hood struts given to me for my birthday back in April. Unfortunately last week I had a limb hit my hood during a storm and I had to take the hood off to repair/paint, that's when it happened, I was using pulling the retaining clips off to remove the hood off and the clip snapped. Do you all have any idea where I can buy replacements? I can't find them online anywhere. Thanks for all your help!
WillysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: MMD Hood Strut Clip Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysYJ View Post
Hey AM guys!
First off I just want to say thanks for being a great company! Secondly, I had a set of MMD hood struts given to me for my birthday back in April. Unfortunately last week I had a limb hit my hood during a storm and I had to take the hood off to repair/paint, that's when it happened, I was using pulling the retaining clips off to remove the hood off and the clip snapped. Do you all have any idea where I can buy replacements? I can't find them online anywhere. Thanks for all your help!
WillysYJ,

I'm sorry about the damage to your car! Unfortunately it's going to be really difficult to find a replacement clip for that item. However don't worry, we'll get you taken care of!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll get you a new set sent out. Think of it as a little "get well soon" present to your mustang for the damaged hood from AM lol!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

WillysYJ,

I'm sorry about the damage to your car! Unfortunately it's going to be really difficult to find a replacement clip for that item. However don't worry, we'll get you taken care of!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll get you a new set sent out. Think of it as a little "get well soon" present to your mustang for the damaged hood from AM lol!

- Dan
Wow! Another reason why AM is absolutely awesome!
03Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

WillysYJ,

- Dan
Dan,
Thanks so much! This was a gift from my grandparents for my birthday, I am not sure how to go about getting the order number. I will try calling AM tomorrow to see if we can find it then I will PM you. Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan,
Thanks so much! This was a gift from my grandparents for my birthday, I am not sure how to go about getting the order number. I will try calling AM tomorrow to see if we can find it then I will PM you. Thanks again!
Sounds great man. I'll be waiting for your PM, if you can't find the order number its not that big of a deal. Just send me over the last name the order was under, zip code or email and I can search for it!

Hope this helps.

- Dan
Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sending a PM right now. Thanks again!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
This is exactly why I spend all my money with AM.
I had a set of AC knobs that weren't good, and sent me a second pair free no questions asked.
I love AM.
On that note, I'm looking at buying some 3.83 gears to go in the ford racing 7.5 diff I just bought from a friend.... Do I need the install package with it?
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
This is exactly why I spend all my money with AM.
I had a set of AC knobs that weren't good, and sent me a second pair free no questions asked.
I love AM.
On that note, I'm looking at buying some 3.83 gears to go in the ford racing 7.5 diff I just bought from a friend.... Do I need the install package with it?
Thanks for the props, I really appreciate it! Great choice with the gears, those will really wake your stang up. I would definitely recommend going with the rear end installation kit! Just to insure that everything is installed properly and you don't run into any issues!

- Dan
Old 09-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Thanks for the props, I really appreciate it! Great choice with the gears, those will really wake your stang up. I would definitely recommend going with the rear end installation kit! Just to insure that everything is installed properly and you don't run into any issues!

- Dan
Thanks! I'm having HPP racing in Texas install everything. Hoping for a mean stang after all said and done with cam/intake/heads/gears/LSD/LTs and x-pipe
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Thanks! I'm having HPP racing in Texas install everything. Hoping for a mean stang after all said and done with cam/intake/heads/gears/LSD/LTs and x-pipe
With those mods your stang will definitely be sick! Good luck with the install and everything, let me know if you ever have any questions.

-Dan
Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Update: Dan said they are on backorder, but a set will be sent my way as soon as they get in stock again.

Just one example why I cannot suggest AM enough. Great service, great prices, and great products (replacements if they aren't great the first time ) THANKS DAN!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Update: Still on back order, however my grandparents (original buyer) are getting emails that say to send the parts back, but I haven't gotten the new part yet.

I am currently on hold with AM waiting to talk to them about all this. Hope all goes well.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Their site says they have them in stock.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Their site says they have them in stock.
That's what confused me too! It never said they were out of stock.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Andrew from AM and apparently what happened was the SKU# got changed and nothing was ever updated on my order so they never shipped out. He changed it and they should be at my house tomorrow. Now I'll just have to slap this UPS sticker on the box with the broken ones and ship them back. Another win for AM. (well slight win).
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Andrew from AM and apparently what happened was the SKU# got changed and nothing was ever updated on my order so they never shipped out. He changed it and they should be at my house tomorrow. Now I'll just have to slap this UPS sticker on the box with the broken ones and ship them back. Another win for AM. (well slight win).
I'm sorry about the delay on the Hood Struts! It seems that we we're having trouble with the original kits so we got an entire new kit made by the manufacture which required a new SKU. This kit is perfect and I'm confident you'll love them!

Thank you for your patience while we got you squared away. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

-Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle