Quick AM Rep "?" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Support Our Sponsors > AmericanMuscle

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

silvrbullet2012 is unknown around these parts
Quick AM Rep "?"

I don't know if this has been answered or addressed but will you be offering a "Ghost Cam Tune" along with Tuners? Or would I have to contact Bama? Thanks for any info!

Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

JetLife 01GT is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012
I don't know if this has been answered or addressed but will you be offering a "Ghost Cam Tune" along with Tuners? Or would I have to contact Bama? Thanks for any info!
When you buy the tuner, you're enrolled in the free tunes for life. This includes a ghost cam tune if you want it but you must ask for it specifically. It's not part of the standard three tunes they send you initially. When you order your tunes for your tuner from bama's site, put in the comment section that you would also like to receive a ghost cam tune and probably list the octane at which you want the tune in. When they send you your tunes, they'll send over the extra cam tune in an email. Or if you don't want to order on the website, you can always give them a call and they'll hook you up! Either way works. Also I believe it has to be a 10-13 gt which it looks like yours is.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

95v686gt is unknown around these parts
MF Editor:
Why do you think that everyone in the tuning industry has stopped selling ghost cam tunes?

Chris from AM:
There was only one person ever to successfully replicate the cammed idle, and that was Jon Lund. He has access to parameters that even aftermarket tuning software companies currently do not. He was able to make it work, because of parameters that are missing from everyone else's database access.

While we were able to replicate the idle, it came with drivability problems such as surging or stalling - which these missing parameters could correct. All other versions of the tune from other sources have the same idle quality issues, other than Jon Lund's latest version, before he discontinued it. This is why nobody is able to replicate it until those parameters are available/added to aftermarket tuning software. Even then, Bama will choose not to offer it, out of respect for Ford engineers. Our 60% completed R&D version never made it to market, because we couldn't figure out the drivability issues until Jon Lund, a friend of mine, and I spoke - and he told me about the missing parameters. There was a "value file" that would make the 2011's "cam" floating around for a while. When I got ahold of it and showed it to Jon, he confirmed it was a copy of his work, before the idle issues were solved.

MF Editor:
Were there any issues that you know of caused by these ghost cam tunes? It seems to me that the ghost cam tune is essentially, intentionally causing a rough idle...was there any downfall to the customer including damage to the vehicle/warranty issues that could be caused by this?

Chris from AM:
The idle quality, like I said, was the original downfall for everyone except Jon Lund, admittedly or not. There weren't any vehicle/warranty issues that a customer wouldn't have with any other tune, regardless of cammed idle. Returning the car to stock, and making sure you avoid the dealer for anything that isn't necessary is a good idea. Also, understanding that Ford can't legally void a warranty unless it's directly resulting in your warranty claim is crucial. If you're in there for faulty window weather-stripping, your powertrain warranty shouldn't be affected, for example.

Thats from a article I just found about the Ghost Cam Tunes.
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

This explains a lot. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

AMShaneLesky is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrbullet2012 View Post
silvrbullet2012,

I'm assuming you're asking about the "ghost cam" tune for your 3.7 v6? The Mustang in your avatar is kind of hard to see haha.

We know that the demand is out there for one, but until we’re entirely certain that the consistency is top notch, we aren’t going to release it. There are many cammed tunes out there that work for 9 out of 10 cars, but will still have issues with the 10th one. We want to be 100% certain that we put out a tune that works across all vehicles perfectly to protect our customers and their experience with us!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

silvrbullet2012,

I'm assuming you're asking about the "ghost cam" tune for your 3.7 v6? The Mustang in your avatar is kind of hard to see haha.

We know that the demand is out there for one, but until we’re entirely certain that the consistency is top notch, we aren’t going to release it. There are many cammed tunes out there that work for 9 out of 10 cars, but will still have issues with the 10th one. We want to be 100% certain that we put out a tune that works across all vehicles perfectly to protect our customers and their experience with us!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Thank you Shane! Yes I do have a 3.7. And you have answered my question fully! I will be looking forward with shopping and consulting with AM in the future.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Support Our Sponsors > AmericanMuscle