99-04 AM Brand CAI arrived bent up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
99-04 AM Brand CAI arrived bent up

Just got my AM brand CAI for 02 V6 today and it looks to me like the thing is bent to hell and not going to work. I was really excited to put the thing on today or tomorrow but need to know who is best to contact to get a new part and FAST. This part doesnt look like it was checked before it left the factory, bad QA on american muscles part

Look at the pictures and tell me what you think:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121204_213851.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	848.4 KB
ID:	79305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121204_213857.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	79306  

brooksyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
Just got my AM brand CAI for 02 V6 today and it looks to me like the thing is bent to hell and not going to work. I was really excited to put the thing on today or tomorrow but need to know who is best to contact to get a new part and FAST. This part doesnt look like it was checked before it left the factory, bad QA on american muscles part

Call AM its the only thing to do they will help u out best customer service I've ever delt with, no offense making this thread was pointless u should have called them right away they prob could have over nighties u a replacement
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well its to late to call them. I sent them an email though. Hopefully I will hear back in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well its to late to call them. I sent them an email though. Kind of frustrating though as this is my first big purchase from AM and not off to a great start..
They will take care of you I've spent probably close to 10-15k over the last 3 years with AM on different mustangs I've owned they will make it right they don't screw up often
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
AM will help you out...they are an awesome company to deal with..but in all honesty it's bent...so fix it. the welds are in tact so just lay it on a flat hard surface and flatten it with a mallet or tack hammer...it's a CAI it'll work even if it had dents over every inch of the body

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
AM will help you out...they are an awesome company to deal with..but in all honesty it's bent...so fix it. the welds are in tact so just lay it on a flat hard surface and flatten it with a mallet or tack hammer...it's a CAI it'll work even if it had dents over every inch of the body
Well I guess ur solution is faster than mine :p ha Ty
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Yeah I could do that..
I will see what they say tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Not to be a jerk, but think just grab a mallet and bend it the way its supposed to be. Looks like its not even bent 1/2 a centimeter.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
call them and ask for an exchange, which im sure they would be happy to do. or man up and try and bend it back. your lucky to be dealing with great customer service. dealing with ford parts is a PITA
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Brooksyx,

I'm really sorry about the damage to your product, I know how frustrating it can be when your new parts show up and somethings wrong or damaged, It's happened to me before. It looks like that was caused during shipping, but I'm definitely going to get you squared away right away so you can get your CAI on by the weekend!

For immediate assistance give my CS team a call and let them know what happened and we'll get you a replacement sent out this afternoon! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

I hope this helps! Hang in there, you'll be enjoying your parts in no time.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Dan! I'll give you guys a call on my lunch break.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
see everythings working out...

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Not to be a jerk, but think just grab a mallet and bend it the way its supposed to be. Looks like its not even bent 1/2 a centimeter.
Kinda what I was thinking.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Tags
cai