CAI's That Protect Against Water (13 GT's) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
CAI's That Protect Against Water (13 GT's)

Hey AM! So me, like so many others I know of, want quality brand CAI's like Steeda and Airraid that have a reflector for water that enters through the hood vent. Everyone keeps saying that it doesn't get into the CAI, but that's a lie everyone keeps on trying to convince themselves of. I know I'm not risking of water-locking my engine and many others feel that way. So what I'm asking is either you put a word into these companies and tell them to design some type of deflector or you guys build something that we can buy separate and add. I knew there's one manufacture that has a CAI that deflects water, but it doesn't deliver and isn't something I would ever drop my money on. Let me know! Love your products and service!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Hey AM! So me, like so many others I know of, want quality brand CAI's like Steeda and Airraid that have a reflector for water that enters through the hood vent. Everyone keeps saying that it doesn't get into the CAI, but that's a lie everyone keeps on trying to convince themselves of. I know I'm not risking of water-locking my engine and many others feel that way. So what I'm asking is either you put a word into these companies and tell them to design some type of deflector or you guys build something that we can buy separate and add. I knew there's one manufacture that has a CAI that deflects water, but it doesn't deliver and isn't something I would ever drop my money on. Let me know! Love your products and service!
Hey,

Airaid has been offering this for a few months now at request! Basically, when you place an order for a 2013 GT Airaid CAI it will come with a voucher in the box for a heat shield that will block out any possible water.

All you have to do is fill this out and mail it to AIRAID with confirmation of your purchase and they'll mail you the shield!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Hey I was actually looking into this to! It is a problem i dont want to take the risk eather. But now if you order a JLT cold air intake (2011 -14) it comes with a foam gasket thing that you put in one of the air vents on your hood to redirect the water from dropping right onto your intake. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

Airaid has been offering this for a few months now at request! Basically, when you place an order for a 2013 GT Airaid CAI it will come with a voucher in the box for a heat shield that will block out any possible water.

All you have to do is fill this out and mail it to AIRAID with confirmation of your purchase and they'll mail you the shield!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Lol you posed this when I was writing my comment xD
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Hey I was actually looking into this to! It is a problem i dont want to take the risk eather. But now if you order a JLT cold air intake (2011 -14) it comes with a foam gasket thing that you put in one of the air vents on your hood to redirect the water from dropping right onto your intake. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Lol you posed this when I was writing my comment xD
Haha, no worries! JLT's Foam gasket is really similar to the Airaid piece I mentioned. They're both designed to keep any water from dripping on the filter!

If you have any questions or need some assistance. Feel free to hit me up!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Haha, no worries! JLT's Foam gasket is really similar to the Airaid piece I mentioned. They're both designed to keep any water from dripping on the filter!

If you have any questions or need some assistance. Feel free to hit me up!

-Dan
I ordered the JLT cai about a month ago and mine never came with this foam gasket. Is it possible to get one? Even if i have to purchase it i dont mind, the rain/snow in nyc has been a pain .
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Tags
cai