Quick Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quick Question

So I have a 2001 V6 mustang. I'm going to purchase a MAC dual conversion kit. I've been on YouTube trying to hear the noise of what it sounds like but I have no luck. So I'm trying to get your guys expertise on if it would be a good purchase. Not tryna go over board with my budget.

Thanks
Joe
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I have the MAC dual conversion on my 03, and it's definitely the favorite mod I've done to my car so far. It has a nice rumble and growl at start up and low idles, and it keeps the growl throughout the RPM band without getting raspy. My car has turned many heads since I had it installed last year. You won't regret the purchase if you end up going with it.
MRYANWEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYANWEBB View Post
I have the MAC dual conversion on my 03, and it's definitely the favorite mod I've done to my car so far. It has a nice rumble and growl at start up and low idles, and it keeps the growl throughout the RPM band without getting raspy. My car has turned many heads since I had it installed last year. You won't regret the purchase if you end up going with it.
I'm glad too hear that you love it. That's what I wanted to hear. Do you have like a link I can hear it or no? Because i was trying to listen to the sound it makes. I had no luck on youtube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I love them more than anything on my car! Haha.

That's the link I found that completely sold me on buying them for my car. Hope it helps you out.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
way to poppy for my tastes after hearing that clip...makes me wanna stick to my no muffler setup. but if you like it go for it...because you have to hear it everyday

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Surprisingly the exhaust isn't actually as poppy as the video makes it sound. The exhaust sounds a lot better than that. I should take a video myself, but I've never gotten around to it.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
please do because i can't find a vid on youtube that doesn't pop

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Will do. I'll try to get one up by this weekend.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
I'm glad too hear that you love it. That's what I wanted to hear. Do you have like a link I can hear it or no? Because i was trying to listen to the sound it makes. I had no luck on youtube.
jleber123,

The MAC dual exhaust is one of the best sounding for 3.8 v6 Mustangs, IMO. The only other exhaust I would consider is the Pypes True duals. Both of them have a nice idle and cruising tone for a small displacement engine. We definitely need to take our when videos and post them up on the product page!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

jleber123,

The MAC dual exhaust is one of the best sounding for 3.8 v6 Mustangs, IMO. The only other exhaust I would consider is the Pypes True duals. Both of them have a nice idle and cruising tone for a small displacement engine. We definitely need to take our when videos and post them up on the product page!

Shane
Yes please! That would be so helpful. But I purchased them so I can't wait to have them installed onto my V6 to get the growl I wanted. Another ME member have the same ones and said they loved em. Maybe in the near future ill purchase the Pypes True Dual Exhaust. I just didn't wanna spend big money on a product yet. But once I have this installed... Wait for a couple PAYCHECKS and make the purchase
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Shane the videos would definitely help those considering duals for a v6. They definitely would've helped me when I was shopping around. I took a chance though and went with MAC and I absolutely love the setup.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
Yes please! That would be so helpful. But I purchased them so I can't wait to have them installed onto my V6 to get the growl I wanted. Another ME member have the same ones and said they loved em. Maybe in the near future ill purchase the Pypes True Dual Exhaust. I just didn't wanna spend big money on a product yet. But once I have this installed... Wait for a couple PAYCHECKS and make the purchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYANWEBB View Post
Shane the videos would definitely help those considering duals for a v6. They definitely would've helped me when I was shopping around. I took a chance though and went with MAC and I absolutely love the setup.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll see what I can get put together. I know choosing exhaust for a v6 Mustang can be really tricky. I agree it would really help future customers if they had some sound clips to listen too with our high quality camera/microphone.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle