Flip Down License Holder - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Flip Down License Holder

Howdy I have a 2013 Shelby GT and live in Ohio. They require a front plate but I don't want to drill holes in the bumper. Will your Flip down license plate holder work on my car? Also I noticed the automatic one will that fit my car?

Thanks Mike
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
N California we also are required to have a front plate but I keep mine up in the windshield on the right of the dash which is legal.. still haven't drilled holes in bumper
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
N California we also are required to have a front plate but I keep mine up in the windshield on the right of the dash which is legal.. still haven't drilled holes in bumper
I started to drive it home from the dealer with it on the dash which lasted long enough for me to get to a stop light and put it on the back seat. I hate to hear a rattle or the thought of it vibrating on the dash. This looks like it would work but I am not sure if the lower air dam will be in the way of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I also live in Ohio and I've got the manual one that flips down and have been happy with it.

It's nice to be able to flip it down out of the way. My car came with the front bracket, never installed it, but the bumper does have a few pin holes where it should be installed. I added the BOSS 302 front splitter on my GT/CS, and added the flip down plate at that time. It turned out pretty well I think. If I had to have a plate, this is the best option I think...
Here's a pic of it installed and flipped down...I drive around with it like this most of the time, if I get stopped I can always flip it up and act like I thought it was up already.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post
I also live in Ohio and I've got the manual one that flips down and have been happy with it.

It's nice to be able to flip it down out of the way. My car came with the front bracket, never installed it, but the bumper does have a few pin holes where it should be installed. I added the BOSS 302 front splitter on my GT/CS, and added the flip down plate at that time. It turned out pretty well I think. If I had to have a plate, this is the best option I think...
Here's a pic of it installed and flipped down...I drive around with it like this most of the time, if I get stopped I can always flip it up and act like I thought it was up already.

Looks good I think I just might give it a try
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This is an excellent solution to a problem I didn't even know I had.

Now, I don't think I'll be able to look at the front of my pre-drilled, license-plated sixer without feeling a pang of sadness.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

Both the manual and automatic license plate hold will work nicely on your '13 GT500! Personally, I would go with the automatic, so you can change the look with just a flip of a switch. It's a MUCH better solution than drilling holes in your front bumper, that's for sure!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle