No luck with AM! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
No luck with AM!

I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. I've been saving up for the last four months now to order some parts from AM. So I started by placing an order at the beginning of Feb for a set of roush axel backs and a GT 500 spoiler in candy Apple. The exhaust was excellent but the spoiler was damaged from shipping. Np it happens, AM's excellent cs took care of it right away and had a second one shipped. The second one was received with multiple defects and after another call back to AM they said another would ship out monday. So now its Wednesday and still no track # so I call back again and was told of a miss count on stock and will only receive another order in a couple of weeks. : ( so the third was received yesterday and the spoiler has no defects, yay, but also has no hardware or 3m tape like the others came with! Booo. : ( inconvenient but not the end of the world. Again AM excellent cs said to purchase it and fax the bill. O.k Np. So now I'm ready to order my wheel and tire kit, 2010 GT premium 19" in matte black as per the optional colors avaible on the Am web sit video with Dave only to find out that the matte is no longer availble! Wtf? Seeing how I wanted that style I decided to go with the hyper colour only to find out that that too is not availble. So all in all I'm really dissapointed on how things are turning out with my experience with AM, cs has always been great but can only go so far. Sorry for the long rant when I tried to keep it short and thanks for reading!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
if you like the 2010 GT wheels, you could go with Buillit wheels. they're very similar.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi MrMike

Sure sorry to hear of your problems. AM don't make the products but only sell's them. It's good they have such great Customer Service and stand behind everything they sell.
Try finding the wheels at another vendor. Someone may still have the one's you want in stock. If not,You will need to find other wheels.
Try to google the wheels you want.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Most vendors won't go as far as they did for you so consider yourself lucky and be patient. I know it sucks but as long as you know they are trying their best then you are in good hands.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. I've been saving up for the last four months now to order some parts from AM. So I started by placing an order at the beginning of Feb for a set of roush axel backs and a GT 500 spoiler in candy Apple. The exhaust was excellent but the spoiler was damaged from shipping. Np it happens, AM's excellent cs took care of it right away and had a second one shipped. The second one was received with multiple defects and after another call back to AM they said another would ship out monday. So now its Wednesday and still no track # so I call back again and was told of a miss count on stock and will only receive another order in a couple of weeks. : ( so the third was received yesterday and the spoiler has no defects, yay, but also has no hardware or 3m tape like the others came with! Booo. : ( inconvenient but not the end of the world. Again AM excellent cs said to purchase it and fax the bill. O.k Np. So now I'm ready to order my wheel and tire kit, 2010 GT premium 19" in matte black as per the optional colors avaible on the Am web sit video with Dave only to find out that the matte is no longer availble! Wtf? Seeing how I wanted that style I decided to go with the hyper colour only to find out that that too is not availble. So all in all I'm really dissapointed on how things are turning out with my experience with AM, cs has always been great but can only go so far. Sorry for the long rant when I tried to keep it short and thanks for reading!
I suggest the 2010 GT500 Matte black wheels. I love those
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Most vendors won't go as far as they did for you so consider yourself lucky and be patient. I know it sucks but as long as you know they are trying their best then you are in good hands.
Consider to be lucky in what sense?? Confused. Damage product, defective product, screw up in stock count and not notifing the customer? Then forget to send the hardware? Doesn't sound to lucky to me!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Sure sorry to hear of your problems. AM don't make the products but only sell's them. It's good they have such great Customer Service and stand behind everything they sell.
Try finding the wheels at another vendor. Someone may still have the one's you want in stock. If not,You will need to find other wheels.
Try to google the wheels you want.

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie, I might do that. I actually like what you have, are they the stockers? If you could can you post a couple of pics of them so I could get a better look? Thx. If you can't though its alright.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

I suggest the 2010 GT500 Matte black wheels. I love those
I'll check them out. Thx
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well was the first shipment packaged well?If it was packaged well
you really need to blame the shipping carrier company.AM
has no control after they ship it through them.I can certainly under
stand your frustration.We pay our money, long before we actually get the
parts.Then we hope they arrive undamaged.
sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave View Post
Well was the first shipment packaged well?If it was packaged well
you really need to blame the shipping carrier company.AM
has no control after they ship it through them.I can certainly under
stand your frustration.We pay our money, long before we actually get the
parts.Then we hope they arrive undamaged.
There was no bubble wrap around the corners, they were completely exposed, and since it moves around in the box I'm not surprised the corner broke. As for the wheels go ill just have to choose the Chrome ones. As I always stated there customer service is # 1 I just havnt had much luck with the products. : ( other than the roush, which I love BTW!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi MrMike

Here is a picture of my Wheels, They came on my car.

They are one of the reasons I fell in love with my Mustang at first sight. They are a metallic grey 18 inch (How wide I don't know) but look great on my candy red car. I did put the red Caliper covers on after this picture was taken.

My car is a Mustang Club of America premium edition.

They really look great after I put the Caliper covers on it.

Ronnie
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
+11111111111
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is a picture of my Wheels, They came on my car.

They are one of the reasons I fell in love with my Mustang at first sight. They are a metallic grey 18 inch (How wide I don't know) but look great on my candy red car. I did put the red Caliper covers on after this picture was taken.

My car is a Mustang Club of America premium edition.

They really look great after I put the Caliper covers on it.

Ronnie
Very nice! Thx for the pictures. The color of the wheels go very well with the candy Apple. I love that edition of our mustang it looks perfectly right out of the box! No upgrades needed. I have the base candy Apple 13 (couldnt get the upper models $) so ill upgrade what I can by saving here and there. Seeing how great the color and style look on your car gives me a sense of how it will look on mine and make the choice a little easier. It's pretty scary ordering wheels you've never seen in person or on your color and model of car until you get them. The matte black wheels I wanted I actually saw on a 12 candy red mustang and it was love at first sight.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi MrMike,

You can actually go on the "TIRE RACK" site and register and put your car & color in and when you go to the wheels section you can actually see what the wheels you choose will look like on your car. It works pretty neat to see what they look like before you pull the trigger and order them.

Ronnie

Tire Rack site>>>http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp
Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can actually go on the "TIRE RACK" site and register and put your car & color in and when you go to the wheels section you can actually see what the wheels you choose will look like on your car. It works pretty neat to see what they look like before you pull the trigger and order them.

Ronnie

Tire Rack site>>>http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp
Thx Ronnie, ill check it out now.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
MrMike,

I'm sorry for the long process of getting the correct spoiler to your residence with no damage! I know it's really frustrating to wait for a new part and find that it's damaged or missing components. However, I'm glad our Mustang Experts worked with you to get everything straightened out in the end.

It seems like timing couldn't have been worse for the 2010 GT wheels, unfortunately. We decided to take them off the site just the other day, since not many customers seemed to be interested. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience!

Please let me know if there's another wheel style you're interested in. I wouldn't mind talking to our Customer Service Manager to see what we can do to hook you up with pricing. It's the least we can do!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
this kinda makes me worried to buy my hood and bumper.. I might be better off seeing if they will let me do a pick up at there facility.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
MrMike,

I'm sorry for the long process of getting the correct spoiler to your residence with no damage! I know it's really frustrating to wait for a new part and find that it's damaged or missing components. However, I'm glad our Mustang Experts worked with you to get everything straightened out in the end.

It seems like timing couldn't have been worse for the 2010 GT wheels, unfortunately. We decided to take them off the site just the other day, since not many customers seemed to be interested. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience!

Please let me know if there's another wheel style you're interested in. I wouldn't mind talking to our Customer Service Manager to see what we can do to hook you up with pricing. It's the least we can do!

Shane
Thx Shane, I sent u a pm.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
this kinda makes me worried to buy my hood and bumper.. I might be better off seeing if they will let me do a pick up at there facility.
nickysixx,

I assure you this isn't a common situation. We send out tons of pre-painted parts each day. Unfortunately, very few problems do slip through the cracks. This was a freak case, where random issues occurred in different departments.

That being said, if you feel comfortable with picking up your parts, you can always come by and purchase the parts at our facility. We're open for walk-in orders Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Thx Shane, I sent u a pm.
PM replied to. You've got Mail!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

nickysixx,

I assure you this isn't a common situation. We send out tons of pre-painted parts each day. Unfortunately, very few problems do slip through the cracks. This was a freak case, where random issue occurred in different departments.

That being said, if you feel comfortable with picking up your parts, you can always come by and purchase the parts at our facility. We're open for walk-in order Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane

PM replied to. You've got Mail!
:-/ might have to take a day off work to do it then. Thanks Shane.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #22
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
:-/ might have to take a day off work to do it then. Thanks Shane.
nickysixx,

There's truly no need to take off work and pick up the parts, yourself. We'll gladly ship them to your residence! As I mentioned above, it's a very rare instance when parts arrive damaged or missing components. I'm confident you won't regret having the them shipped and keeping a vacation day at work!

If for an reason you have questions, concerns, etc., feel free to send me a PM. I'll do anything I can to assist you!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
OP, you could paint/powdercoat the wheels to matte if you're really set on it.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
OP, you could paint/powdercoat the wheels to matte if you're really set on it.
Yeah I already thought of that, but I'm going to go with the Chrome ones instead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle