I was wrong - Really Wrong- Yep I was - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I was wrong - Really Wrong- Yep I was

I always thought putting on a CAI such as the Airaid Cai I got from AM was just going to be nice Eye Candy when I poped the hood on my 3.7 MCA. I did NOT think it would be anything I could feel a difference from my stock air box with a K&N drop in replacing the stock paper air filter.

I WAS WRONG

Not only does this CAI look great but it does really make my car feel a lot better responsive and it sounds perfect when I stomp on the pedal.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
with tune ro without?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No tune

I disconnected the battery, Installed the Airaid, drove a mile to the store and did not notice a difference at all.
The next day I took a drive and felt my throttle response was much better then before the CAI was installed.
It definitely made a nice difference in the way my car drives now. I did not think it would feel any different. If I knew it was going to be this good of a mod I would not have wasted $$$$ on the K&N drop in filter.

I'm not going to do a tune at all (6 Year warranty) I always thought my car was nice and crisp and responsive but now I know what crisp & responsive feels like.

The only big problem I have is I just have to go out into the garage and pop the hood before going to bed to look at it. I know, don't say it. I'm out there looking at my car anyway so opening the hood is just one more bed time chore I gotta do.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your Airaid CAI! It will definitely make a big difference in your car, with or without a tune. However, with a Tune the gains will be much larger!

Enjoy your new Intake, let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just got the oil catch can and it went on perfect

Hi Dan, I just got the Oil Catch can from you guy's and it went on so easy I thought I put it on wrong.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle