CAI Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
CAI Question

Ok, I think I might be ready to pull the trigger on this. I don't really have the money but I'm gonna find it! Driving the sucker a little more lately and I've heard the pickup from the CAI's so I think it's time.

Question about Steeda: I'm not that familiar with them but I've come across a few threads around Google that show Steeda but right up there. I was looking at JLT but it's out of stock right now anyway. Should I wait for JLT combo or go with Steeda? Price is a more on the Steeda but I'll deal..
fury88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury88 View Post
Ok, I think I might be ready to pull the trigger on this. I don't really have the money but I'm gonna find it! Driving the sucker a little more lately and I've heard the pickup from the CAI's so I think it's time.

Question about Steeda: I'm not that familiar with them but I've come across a few threads around Google that show Steeda but right up there. I was looking at JLT but it's out of stock right now anyway. Should I wait for JLT combo or go with Steeda? Price is a more on the Steeda but I'll deal..
fury88,

There's a few high quality brand CAI's that we use often. Both JLT and Steeda are two excellent options. We also have had a lot of success with Airaid CAI's. In fact, I would say Airaid, JLT, and Steeda would be our top three more powerful CAI's, throughout the power band. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with choosing any of them!

So, I suggest going with whichever intake you prefer the style of or the one that fits your budget more.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
+1 For JLT.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I got a jlt and like it a lot. I almost got the airaid but for my year the jlt was like 10 or 20 bucks cheaper. From what I hear you need a tune to realize full potential of a cai though.
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
+1 For JLT.
Definitely looking at JLT. Out of stock now though! LOL
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
What would you like to know about Steeda?

We are an American Company that manufacturers our parts right here in the U.S.A. by the American worker. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified which means we are held to very high standards in the manufacturing process.

We test our products on the track ... and then sell them in the showroom. We push our products to extremes so that we know how far a consumer can take them.

About Steeda | Steeda Autosports

Take a look and let me know if you need help with anything? We also have a Steeda youtube channel that showcases our products.

STEEDA AUTOSPORTS - YouTube

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ. I will take a look as I'm always trying to gain more knowledge!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Definitely looking at JLT. Out of stock now though! LOL
fury88,

No worries, the JLT CAI's are back in stock for the 3v GT's! Here's a direct link if you need it.

Also, I'm assuming you already have a custom tuner? Or do you need one of those as well? Both JLT & Steeda require a custom tune, but the Airaid has an optional sleeve that can be installed, enabling you to safely run the stock tune.

Give me a heads up if you have any other questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I love my AIRAID-No Tune needed

The Airaid works very well without a tune if you are afraid of messing up your warranty. I have noticed my engine is way more responsive and I think I'm getting a tad better Miles per gallon (87 octane) I'll know when I fill up again.

It also looks great and sounds perfect when you get on the go pedal.

If you decide on the Airaid be sure to disconnect the battery when installing. ( It allows the computer to adjust for the added airflow of the Airaid system when you reconnect and start the engine.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Highly recommend JLT plus tuner for maximum performance increase on any efi powered ford. Havnt seen a dyno comparison yet where the JLT wasnt on top.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm at 40 posts 10 more and time to start shopping
Tomiboy0318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

fury88,

No worries, the JLT CAI's are back in stock for the 3v GT's! Here's a direct link if you need it.

Also, I'm assuming you already have a custom tuner? Or do you need one of those as well? Both JLT & Steeda require a custom tune, but the Airaid has an optional sleeve that can be installed, enabling you to safely run the stock tune.

Give me a heads up if you have any other questions!

Shane
Thanks! I saw it back in stock and ordered it with tuner. Had reached 50 posts, too! Got it today and installed in a couple of hours ago. Less than an hour and it rocks now!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Thanks! I saw it back in stock and ordered it with tuner. Had reached 50 posts, too! Got it today and installed in a couple of hours ago. Less than an hour and it rocks now!
Thanks for the update. I've been considering a new Cold Air Intake and Tuner, but didn't know which way to go. I'll definitely give the JLT a try after reading this. Much obliged!
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Tags
cai