Does anybody know if i can return my sct tuner from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Does anybody know if i can return my sct tuner from AM

I am very disappointed with my tuner, i thought it was just me but i have a buddy of mine that has the same v6 model car with 4.0 engine and he love his tuner and i actually drove it and i can feel the difference. This is the story of my experience from BAMA at first they sent me a wrong tune in my car and it supposed to be for 3.7 and mine is 4.0, i am glad i called them because i asked them why my performance tune is more aggressive than my race tune and they simply told me that they give me the wrong tune and it was for 3.7. I still have the email to be fact. So they give me the right tuner i supposed and from there everything is not working for me i dont feel any difference like others will say. I dont feel like calling them anymore cos i know they might think that im crazy and i lost my trust to them. I might try some other website that offers tuning or i might sell my tuner and go back to stock. Iv been a long faithful customer for AM but this one changed my mind. I know i only have a v6 and almost to stock but at least ill see something that i paid 379 bucks for. Sorry guys just venting.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What octane are you running?
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
Im running 93 octane on race tune.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Do you have a tuner i assume, do you feel the difference on your tune? What tune are you running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I would think you'd notice something with that then, maybe they could rewrite a tune? All up to you of course, I'd say contact AM and go from there.

In running the 93 hybrid, and I can't stand turning it back to stock. It just doesn't feel right to me
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would think you'd notice something with that then, maybe they could rewrite a tune? All up to you of course, I'd say contact AM and go from there.
I know, but its zero, Iv been talking to them for 3 days straight and been sending tunes but no success, i already give up, i dont want them sending me the wrong tune for my car and end up harming my car not worth it.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

I know, but its zero, Iv been talking to them for 3 days straight and been sending tunes but no success, i already give up, i dont want them sending me the wrong tune for my car and end up harming my car not worth it.
That's completely understandable, I would say if you do want to return it (if that's possible) give em a call. They'll be able to help somehow. Could it be possible you downloaded the tune wrong?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's completely understandable, I would say if you do want to return it (if that's possible) give em a call. They'll be able to help somehow. Could it be possible you downloaded the tune wrong?
I followed all in the instructions, watch you tube on how to before i bought the tuner and everything went well. My last call today they said to do a data log and sent me the instructions, followed that and my tuner wont communicate on the system. I told them there must be wrong with the tuner and they said no cos you downloaded it right. Cant even do the datalog cos it does not work. Thanks man just does not work for me i guess. And oh i read AM website and this are the ones that i cant return ofcourse.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I followed all in the instructions, watch you tube on how to before i bought the tuner and everything went well. My last call today they said to do a data log and sent me the instructions, followed that and my tuner wont communicate on the system. I told them there must be wrong with the tuner and they said no cos you downloaded it right. Cant even do the datalog cos it does not work. Thanks man just does not work for me i guess. And oh i read AM website and this are the ones that i cant return ofcourse.
I hope it all works out for you, it sucks its not working right.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hope it all works out for you, it sucks its not working right.
I know it sucks so bad, especially when i read people from here and bragging about how hard they pull on there tuner. Oh well thanks man have a good one..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Maybe return it to the stock tune and flash your ECU?
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post
Maybe return it to the stock tune and flash your ECU?
Wait a minute how can i do that? Is it safe?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
You said you had the 3.7 tune then got the right 4.0 tune. Did you ever return your car to stock before switching to the right 4.0 tune? This is really odd. I've yet to have a problem with my tune? If one of the AM reps catches wind of this thread I'm pretty confident that they would take care of you! They rarely leave a forum member out to dry!
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Wait a minute how can i do that? Is it safe?
Any auto shops can do it. The safety depends on the mods. If its bone stock it Would be fine. But I imagine yours isn't so I wouldn't do it! I just threw an idea out there maybe talk to car experts. I'm not too experienced haha but ask around bout flashing your ECU
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
You said you had the 3.7 tune then got the right 4.0 tune. Did you ever return your car to stock before switching to the right 4.0 tune? This is really odd. I've yet to have a problem with my tune? If one of the AM reps catches wind of this thread I'm pretty confident that they would take care of you! They rarely leave a forum member out to dry!
No i dont think i went back to stock i just went straight and upload the new tune. Do you think this could be the reason why? But i thought u dont have to go stock and upload the tune..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #15
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
No i dont think i went back to stock i just went straight and upload the new tune. Do you think this could be the reason why? But i thought u dont have to go stock and upload the tune..

i would bet that it could be part of the problem. plus if you didnt return it to stock then your stock tune is lost, if what im reading is right.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i would bet that it could be part of the problem. plus if you didnt return it to stock then your stock tune is lost, if what im reading is right.
My stock is still there, im running stock right now.. Just a waste of money in my situation it didnt work for me..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
My stock is still there, im running stock right now.. Just a waste of money in my situation it didnt work for me..
if i were you see if you can contact AMDanBailer i think is his name on here. hes and american muscle rep
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Flashing the ecu sounds like a good idea but Iam no expert by have you ecu relearn everything and then load up you tune could be a good idea I would say make sure it is In Stock tune when you flash it and after
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

if i were you see if you can contact AMDanBailer i think is his name on here. hes and american muscle rep
I will try that route thank you..

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Flashing the ecu sounds like a good idea but Iam no expert by have you ecu relearn everything and then load up you tune could be a good idea I would say make sure it is In Stock tune when you flash it and after
Can you help me how to do this? I havent done it before.. Thanks appreciate it..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

I will try that route thank you..

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Can you help me how to do this? I havent done it before.. Thanks appreciate it..
On a newer car like yours you might have to go to the dealer ship and have then do it with the tool they have there or buy the tool yourself if that is even possible
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

On a newer car like yours you might have to go to the dealer ship and have then do it with the tool they have there or buy the tool yourself if that is even possible
Oh boy i dont think i wanna do that i just got extended warranty on my car and i dont want to mess up with the warranty if they knew that its for the tuner..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Oh boy i dont think i wanna do that i just got extended warranty on my car and i dont want to mess up with the warranty if they knew that its for the tuner..
You can also try disconnecting your battery for like 30 mins and the hook it up and do about four or five drive cycles and this could help your ecu learn everything about your car over again
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
You can also try disconnecting your battery for like 30 mins and the hook it up and do about four or five drive cycles and this could help your ecu learn everything about your car over again

i had to do this once before
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wooow this sounds interesting i will definitely do this, should i put the car in race tune or back to stock? And unplug the battery. Is it both negative and positive? Or just one..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
Sad Panda
Staff

try to load the tune you want on there & then do the reset. im pretty sure you can just take the ground off
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Wooow this sounds interesting i will definitely do this, should i put the car in race tune or back to stock? And unplug the battery. Is it both negative and positive? Or just one..
I would say both of them and it's up to you what tune you want your ecu to relearn first. I would say stock first then after a little bit of driving around then switch to the race tune. If that doesn't work try the process over again by have the ecu learn the race tune first
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you guys for the suggestions will try them out definitely. Still got a little hope left.. Lol..
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
try to load the tune you want on there & then do the reset. im pretty sure you can just take the ground off
It actually just might be the ground now that Iam thinking of it
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would say both of them and it's up to you what tune you want your ecu to relearn first. I would say stock first then after a little bit of driving around then switch to the race tune. If that doesn't work try the process over again by have the ecu learn the race tune first
Awesome thank you..
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sounds to me like you don't really know what you are doing. Tuners are really easy but you have to follow the steps exactly and make sure everything is properly updated especially when data logging. The bit about bama sending you tunes for the wrong engine sounds very ry fishy to me. Don't think they would have done that. Now as for the new tunes, it's a simple case of loading the new tunes to the tuber and then doing the flash in the car. It's not going to be a night and say difference and you probably won't feel and more power. It should clean up throttle response a bit and make auto trans cars shift harder at wot. Beyond that you wont notice anything.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Sounds to me like you don't really know what you are doing. Tuners are really easy but you have to follow the steps exactly and make sure everything is properly updated especially when data logging. The bit about bama sending you tunes for the wrong engine sounds very ry fishy to me. Don't think they would have done that. Now as for the new tunes, it's a simple case of loading the new tunes to the tuber and then doing the flash in the car. It's not going to be a night and say difference and you probably won't feel and more power. It should clean up throttle response a bit and make auto trans cars shift harder at wot. Beyond that you wont notice anything.
I still have the email saying they sent the wrong tune, and as far as loading the tunes, i know im doing it right. Just does not work for me i guess and just a waste of money.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #32
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
shunc01,

I'm sorry for the initial mix-up with your Bama tune. Also, you should certainly be able to fell the difference between stock and our 93 Race tune! It sounds like there's a few adjustments that can be made for sure.

Send me your First/Last name and shipping address. I'd like to look up your info in our system and get things straightened out for you! First, I'm going to get the bottom of this datalogging business and take it from there.

I really want to restore your faith in the Bama Team. I'm confident they'll get you taken care of after a datalog, too!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
shunc01,

I'm sorry for the initial mix-up with your Bama tune. Also, you should certainly be able to fell the difference between stock and our 93 Race tune! It sounds like there's a few adjustments that can be made for sure.

Send me your First/Last name and shipping address. I'd like to look up your info in our system and get things straightened out for you! First, I'm going to get the bottom of this datalogging business and take it from there.

I really want to restore your faith in the Bama Team. I'm confident they'll get you taken care of after a datalog, too!
Thanks for the reply Shane i will send you pm about my info.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
You got mail!

The Bama Team is on it and they'll be in touch within the next 24 business hours. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
You got mail!

The Bama Team is on it and they'll be in touch within the next 24 business hours. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane
Thanks shane appreciate it..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle