tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
tunes

I'm looking to buy a tuner to tie together all my mods and I'm just lost when a lot of people talk about what type of tunes they buy weather its a 91-93 street performance tune and an 91 race and even a hybrid tune? I guess my question is which tune would best fit me?

Its a 04 GT and a DD, stored in winter months and I want the absolute most out of my stang but want it to be safely operated while being driven like its meant too and if its safe to run the best tune daily? hope u guys catch my drift I'm so lost!
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Street 87-93 octane tune is the best for a dd. the performance 87-93 octane can also be used for a dd.
I know there's more info on their specs for the product on am. Check it out. Its and awesome tuner. Ill be ordering it and the gear combo soon!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Should I get the 87 91 or 93??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post
93. you have an older car why not spend the extra 5-6$ it will be to fill up
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So if I had a throttle body with a high idle the tune will lower the idle?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Depends what gas is readily available to you. Keep an eye out at your normal gas stations you go to and check the numbers at the pump to see what octane they carry. One one gas station around me carries 93 and its out of my way to fill up there, but 91 is everywhere.
jessesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I'm looking to buy a tuner to tie together all my mods and I'm just lost when a lot of people talk about what type of tunes they buy weather its a 91-93 street performance tune and an 91 race and even a hybrid tune? I guess my question is which tune would best fit me?

Its a 04 GT and a DD, stored in winter months and I want the absolute most out of my stang but want it to be safely operated while being driven like its meant too and if its safe to run the best tune daily? hope u guys catch my drift I'm so lost!
Quote:
So if I had a throttle body with a high idle the tune will lower the idle?
schmitty426,

You can run any of our Bama tunes safely as a DD. Even the Race tune! However, you'll see the max fuel efficiency with a Street or Performance tune. I should also mention that we only offer the Hybrid tune for 05+ Mustangs, too.

What kind of throttle body have you added to your Mustang? There shouldn't be any kind of high idle for a 78mm or smaller TB. Unless there's some kind of air leak at the intake.

If there's an air leak, than the Bama tune won't be able to prevent those symptoms. I just want to make sure everything is mechanically sound!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

schmitty426,

You can run any of our Bama tunes safely as a DD. Even the Race tune! However, you'll see the max fuel efficiency with a Street or Performance tune. I should also mention that we only offer the Hybrid tune for 05+ Mustangs, too.

What kind of throttle body have you added to your Mustang? There shouldn't be any kind of high idle for a 78mm or smaller TB. Unless there's some kind of air leak at the intake.

If there's an air leak, than the Bama tune won't be able to prevent those symptoms. I just want to make sure everything is mechanically sound!

Shane
Shane its a 70 mm MAC throttle body and I've had just the stock TB and an aftermarket plenum (trick flow) and ran with no problems but when I switch to the 70 mm it idle at about 1000 then when the gas is pushed ever so lightly the rpms hang around 2k and 3-5 seconds later they drop back to 1000 also I have reset the computer and let it idle for 15 minutes and drove around for another 15 and the problem still occurs
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Shane its a 70 mm MAC throttle body and I've had just the stock TB and an aftermarket plenum (trick flow) and ran with no problems but when I switch to the 70 mm it idle at about 1000 then when the gas is pushed ever so lightly the rpms hang around 2k and 3-5 seconds later they drop back to 1000 also I have reset the computer and let it idle for 15 minutes and drove around for another 15 and the problem still occurs
Hmm.. I suggest talking to the Bama Team first @ 888.257.1770. See what they think about the hanging idle and if they believe they can fix it.

The reason I say this is because with that size TB on your particular engine, throttle adjustments usually aren't made. Typically, the TB's work perfectly with the factory IAC settings.

Give the Bama Team a call and let me know how it goes!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Hmm.. I suggest talking to the Bama Team first @ 888.257.1770. See what they think about the hanging idle and if they believe they can fix it.

The reason I say this is because with that size TB on your particular engine, throttle adjustments usually aren't made. Typically, the TB's work perfectly with the factory IAC settings.

Give the Bama Team a call and let me know how it goes!

Shane
I think the throttle body has a vary small crack in it that's what I get for not buying from am haha thanks for everything anyways and I just bought a tuner with 93 thru every tune (street,race,performance) super excited!! Whats a couple bucks more for more fun! I know its going to be worth it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle