Dissapoonted - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 06-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Dissapoonted

Very disappointed in the SR cai for my 02 GT, less than 5-6 months and the air filter starts to rust? Including the clamp that clamps the air filter to the cai tube, the nut rusted shut almost! Haven't had this on long enough for that to happen, must be the material or something, took me an hour just getting the damn filter off for cleaning, when I went to clean it I noticed the rust problem....and the actually little metal wires that run though the filter have spots of rust on them..and yes my wheel well liner is fully attached and there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3836723639.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	115118   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-661650689.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	115119  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Very disappointed in the SR cai for my 02 GT, less than 5-6 months and the air filter starts to rust? Including the clamp that clamps the air filter to the cai tube, the nut rusted shut almost! Haven't had this on long enough for that to happen, must be the material or something, took me an hour just getting the damn filter off for cleaning, when I went to clean it I noticed the rust problem....and the actually little metal wires that run though the filter have spots of rust on them..and yes my wheel well liner is fully attached and there...
The front polished finished on these CAI, can show rust at times. Mainly because they're more vulnerable to bad weather, road grime etc... However, I agree 5-6 months is a short period of time to be showing that much Rust!

Give my CS team a call and they'll send you out a replacement filter. I'm also going to contact the manufacture to make sure we're using the proper material when building these intakes, to prevent this from happening!

I hope this helps and I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

The front polished finished on these CAI, can show rust at times. Mainly because they're more vulnerable to bad weather, road grime etc... However, I agree 5-6 months is a short period of time to be showing that much Rust!

Give my CS team a call and they'll send you out a replacement filter. I'm also going to contact the manufacture to make sure we're using the proper material when building these intakes, to prevent this from happening!

I hope this helps and I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance.

-Dan
Appreciate that Dan thanks for you help, always so quick and helpful....so do i just contact CS and give them my name and all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Appreciate that Dan thanks for you help, always so quick and helpful....so do i just contact CS and give them my name and all?
Yes, you can give my CS team a call and provide them with your Name and Zip Code or your Order number and they'll get you squared away, very quickly. You can also shoot me a PM with your order number included and I can get you in direct contact with someone!

If you'd like to call in, Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, you can give my CS team a call and provide them with your Name and Zip Code or your Order number and they'll get you squared away, very quickly. You can also shoot me a PM with your order number included and I can get you in direct contact with someone!

If you'd like to call in, Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Awesome Dan thank you, I actually broke my cell phone today, awaiting a replacement that is supposed to be overnighted to me so hopefully it's here tomorrow, I live alone with no landline so kinda stuck on calling until either work tomorrow night or if my phone replacement comes in the morning..I really appreciate you help thanks again!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Wow... that's crazy. I've had my K&N since like '06 and haven't seen one spot of rust. I'd be pissed if it rusted like that. I see that SR stuff but always worry about the quality.

Well, AM always fixes stuff, so at least they will help you out and you don't have to go through a big hassle like some other vendors will make you.
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejekt View Post
Wow... that's crazy. I've had my K&N since like '06 and haven't seen one spot of rust. I'd be pissed if it rusted like that. I see that SR stuff but always worry about the quality.

Well, AM always fixes stuff, so at least they will help you out and you don't have to go through a big hassle like some other vendors will make you.
+1 yea I was very, very surprised to see the rust...it happens tho, great CS like this is why I try to stick with AM as much as possible
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
My Steeda cai filter rusted out like an old Chevy just after 8 months.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:

The K&N intakes have rubber fronts, so they won't really rust. We tried to create a filter that would go well with the Polished CAI for shows and stuff, that's why the front of the filter housing is polished!

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The K&N intakes have rubber fronts, so they won't really rust. We tried to create a filter that would go well with the Polished CAI for shows and stuff, that's why the front of the filter housing is polished!

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
No sir. My K&N has a polished front.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	k&n.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	115895  
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
No sir. My K&N has a polished front.
Oh Wow, I'm sorry but I was mistaken! I'm glad to hear you haven't had any trouble with your intake. We're working on getting the OP taken care of now!

-Dan
Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh Wow, I'm sorry but I was mistaken! I'm glad to hear you haven't had any trouble with your intake. We're working on getting the OP taken care of now!

-Dan
Hey Dan just got my phone back today so will be calling after work..so do I just call up CS and give them my name and order number and they know what's going on with this situation?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Dan just got my phone back today so will be calling after work..so do I just call up CS and give them my name and order number and they know what's going on with this situation?
Yes! You can give them a call and they'll gladly help you out. You'll most likely have to refresh the representative that you speak with on your situation, just so that they're up to speed!

-Dan
Old 07-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes! You can give them a call and they'll gladly help you out. You'll most likely have to refresh the representative that you speak with on your situation, just so that they're up to speed!

-Dan
Hey Dan I've been so busy and just got the chance to call yesterday...they seemed to not know what was going on and gave me the run around about having to ship my current filter back to you guys before I get a replacement, but than that leaves me with no filter..
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Dan I've been so busy and just got the chance to call yesterday...they seemed to not know what was going on and gave me the run around about having to ship my current filter back to you guys before I get a replacement, but than that leaves me with no filter..
Shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'll have a Filter shipped out for your right away!

-Dan
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'll have a Filter shipped out for your right away!

-Dan
Pm sent..thanks again dan
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Pm sent..thanks again dan
You're welcome! I'm having a filter sent to your location... Thanks for your patience in this matter while we got you squared away!

-Dan
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Reading these type of posts over and over is what makes me order from AM exclusively.
F4nG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You're welcome! I'm having a filter sent to your location... Thanks for your patience in this matter while we got you squared away!

-Dan
Awesome thanks again Dan! Will I recieve a tracking number or anything or is it just gonna pop on the porch one day?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Awesome thanks again Dan! Will I recieve a tracking number or anything or is it just gonna pop on the porch one day?
You should have a confirmation email, I sent it to your email we have on file. It will be showing up at your location in the near future !

-Dan
Old 07-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I find it incredible that the place you bought it from is going to replace it after 5-6 months rather than direct you to the manufacturer to make a warranty claim or beg for a replacement.
AM is the type of company I could leave my present job to work for. Top shelf service....top shelf.
lcseds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcseds View Post
I find it incredible that the place you bought it from is going to replace it after 5-6 months rather than direct you to the manufacturer to make a warranty claim or beg for a replacement.
AM is the type of company I could leave my present job to work for. Top shelf service....top shelf.
100% agree
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
SR is American Muscles house brand, there is no contacting the manufacturer on SR products because that's American Muscle...but regardless, greatest customer service I have EVER dealt with.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
SR is American Muscles house brand, there is no contacting the manufacturer on SR products because that's American Muscle...but regardless, greatest customer service I have EVER dealt with.
About SR, this I did not know. This discredits my post somewhat, but I still like what I have seen from AM with regards to forum activity and desire to satisfy the customer. Gotta take AM down a notch with this new info, but it still leaves them above the rest of the pack.
I'm glad they stand by the house product as they have.
lcseds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

About SR, this I did not know. This discredits my post somewhat, but I still like what I have seen from AM with regards to forum activity and desire to satisfy the customer. Gotta take AM down a notch with this new info, but it still leaves them above the rest of the pack.
I'm glad they stand by the house product as they have.
+1...received my confirmation email LAST night, checked the tracking number this morning and its on the truck for delivery to my house, damn is AM quick!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

-Dan
Awesome CS support. Tip my Hat to you.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Thanks for all the kind words guys, we really appreciate it! We'll always do whatever it takes to make sure our customers are in good hands and have a great experience when shopping with us.

Please let me know if you guys ever have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat!

-Dan
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, we really appreciate it! We'll always do whatever it takes to make sure our customers are in good hands and have a great experience when shopping with us.

Please let me know if you guys ever have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat!

-Dan
Came in today! Appreciate it again Dan thank you! Just a quick question, I noticed that they def don't come pre oiled, do these filters need to be oiled or no? No biggie either way got an oil kit sitting in my garage just in case they need to be, thanks again
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3000356520.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	459.5 KB
ID:	117954  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
This post isn't going to be helpful at all... But I'm surprised that no one made a comment about the title. DissaPOONted

Ok that's all I have to say
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToHellAndBack View Post
This post isn't going to be helpful at all... But I'm surprised that no one made a comment about the title. DissaPOONted

Ok that's all I have to say
Lmao +1 my bad, noticed that immediately after posting... POON hehe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle