Tuner question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle

Old 07-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Tuner question

dear AM,

I was wondering how do I figure out if my tuner is married to my car. I'm asking for the reason that about 6 months ago I had trouble with my car, according to the dealer I had bad tunes and had SomE part of the computer get replaced because it was no good. I'm pretty sure they did something to my car and blamed it on the tunes... They also uploaded re flash the computer with original tunes.
I been wanting to order new tunes from you guys but how do I know if my tuner is still compatible with my car. If my tuner is married or unmarry...
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
dear AM,

I was wondering how do I figure out if my tuner is married to my car. I'm asking for the reason that about 6 months ago I had trouble with my car, according to the dealer I had bad tunes and had SomE part of the computer get replaced because it was no good. I'm pretty sure they did something to my car and blamed it on the tunes... They also uploaded re flash the computer with original tunes.
I been wanting to order new tunes from you guys but how do I know if my tuner is still compatible with my car. If my tuner is married or unmarry...
Did you return it back to stock before you took it up there? They always tell you to return it back to stock before any dealership maintenance
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I do not know. When I put it back to stock the car would not start. Not sure if tunes ever got loaded right to car. That's my question how do I know if my tuner is marry or un marry. Since my car has stock tunes by dealer can I just upload the new software on the tuner and order new tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So you bought the tuner the new or used ? THat makes a big difference, if it was already married to a different car will not work for you correctly
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I bought it bran new from AM, I had the car tune for like 8 months had it serviced at the dealer and car came back with engine light and not operating normal. Took it home and reload the original tunes but car didn't turn on. Put back the tunes I think and had the dealer figure out what was the problem. According to them the tunes where no good and caused my computer to be no good, according to them they replace a part of the computer. And flash it with the original stock tunes...
How do I know what tunes are on the tuner and if it will still work on my car
Old 07-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry bro that out of anybody's jurisdiction on here... Call Sct and see if they can answer that scenario for you. I wish you good favor with that let me know how it goes.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it sucks, I hope I could still use it of not that like almost 400 bucks to the trash
Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it sucks, I hope I could still use it of not that like almost 400 bucks to the trash
Yea it seems like you may have to eat it and pay the $150 to swipe it out, or maybe AM can work somethin out to exchange it for a used one idk bro. I feel bad to hear that happened to you this is not what you had pictured when you bought . But since you have the free tunes for life I'm sure it will work out, next time make sure that cord doesn't get moved when uploading and make sure you see on the screen married or unmarried also call whoever you need to make sure they can guide you on what you to look for and find next time.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man,

I hope AM could help me out, I want my car to be little more aggressive again lol
Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You should be good ... Keep me posted bro
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I bought it bran new from AM, I had the car tune for like 8 months had it serviced at the dealer and car came back with engine light and not operating normal. Took it home and reload the original tunes but car didn't turn on. Put back the tunes I think and had the dealer figure out what was the problem. According to them the tunes where no good and caused my computer to be no good, according to them they replace a part of the computer. And flash it with the original stock tunes...
How do I know what tunes are on the tuner and if it will still work on my car
Jayjay,

Looks like you've run into a few issues, but I'm sure we can get this worked out! The first thing to do is give SCT a call directly @ 407.774.2447. Most likely, the tuner is locked to your original non-updated PCM. If this is the case, you'll need to send the tuner out to SCT directly and they'll be able to unlock it again.

Normally, at this point you would need to purchase back into the Free Tunes for Life program, but considering the circumstances I don't think that's fair. So, once your tuner is unlocked and ready to go, shoot me a PM to let me know. I'll have one of my Bama guys contact you directly and set your "new" tuner up to be in our Free Tunes for Life program, at no cost to you.

Keep me updated with the situation and let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with in the meantime!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Shane,

Is the free tunes for life only when you purchase the tuner through AM or can I purchase an unmarried tuner and still get the free tunes for life program?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Shane,

I'll give them a call soon and I'll keep u updated. Just the answer I was looking for
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Shane,

Is the free tunes for life only when you purchase the tuner through AM or can I purchase an unmarried tuner and still get the free tunes for life program?
Nope, you can purchase into the Free Tunes for Life program with any unmarried SCT or Diablosport tuner. It doesn't have to be purchased off our site!

Currently, the cost is $150 to have one car enrolled. Follow the link I shared above to see where to sign up!

Shane

Quote:
Thanks Shane,

I'll give them a call soon and I'll keep u updated. Just the answer I was looking for
Sounds good! I'll look forward to your PM and getting your Mustang back on the road again.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Note: to anybody trying to order a tuner on eBay don't, there is a group of people's cornering the market for them. Spend your money else where. #FYI #tell a friend

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Sponsors Spotlight > AmericanMuscle