Bama SF3 Tuner Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 07-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Bama SF3 Tuner Questions

Dear AmericanMuscle,

So about 1.5 months ago I purchased the JLT CAI and Bama SF3 Tuner combo from AM. Well, about two weeks ago I totaled my Mustang.

Wednesday night I went to my body shop to retrieve a few of my mods before my insurance took the car away. I also attempted to remove the Bama tune. I set it back to stock, started it up (stock, with the JLT CAI still on which is a tune-only CAI) and the engine seemed like it was really struggling and acting up. I immediately put the tune back on and it was running fine again, but I didn't have the stock air intake with me.

I go back next morning to swap air intakes and to remove the tune, but the car was gone and the check was already sent out. Now I'm stuck with a locked tuner, and tunes for life on a car I no longer own.

I spoke with Don (ext 145) from Bama Performance and he mentioned something about me getting some sort of discount since I hadn't owned the tuner for too long and could get VINs swapped for my next Mustang, can this be done? I also know I will have to go to SCT to get it unlocked, how much will that cost?

I'm reaching out for you AM! Please help!
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I believe it's 150 to get it unlocked
Old 07-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
^ what he said

$150 to unlock
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Dear AmericanMuscle,

So about 1.5 months ago I purchased the JLT CAI and Bama SF3 Tuner combo from AM. Well, about two weeks ago I totaled my Mustang.

Wednesday night I went to my body shop to retrieve a few of my mods before my insurance took the car away. I also attempted to remove the Bama tune. I set it back to stock, started it up (stock, with the JLT CAI still on which is a tune-only CAI) and the engine seemed like it was really struggling and acting up. I immediately put the tune back on and it was running fine again, but I didn't have the stock air intake with me.

I go back next morning to swap air intakes and to remove the tune, but the car was gone and the check was already sent out. Now I'm stuck with a locked tuner, and tunes for life on a car I no longer own.

I spoke with Don (ext 145) from Bama Performance and he mentioned something about me getting some sort of discount since I hadn't owned the tuner for too long and could get VINs swapped for my next Mustang, can this be done? I also know I will have to go to SCT to get it unlocked, how much will that cost?

First of all if the car is totaled like you say why in the world would you care about how the totaled car ran after you took the tune out......and why the heck put the tune back in???? If my car is totaled im not worrying about it running smooth...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Dear AmericanMuscle,

These guys have pointed you in the right direction. In order to get the tuner unlocked, you have to send it back to SCT to be unlocked. There is a $150 fee to go along with this process!

That is the only way that your current tuner will be able to be used again. However, we can definitely hook you up with a new tuner! Please let the Bama team know what you'd like to do and they'll gladly get you squared away.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Thanks for the replies guys. Dan, I will send you a PM.

On the note of "Your car is totaled, why car if the engine is running good or not?!" My insurance agent specifically told me the engine was most likely going to be parted-out and sold, and I didn't want to potentially ruin a good engine. Check for entire car > $150.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Is it safe to say a tuner is married if it only shows how many unlocks it has left? Can't find in the device info screen so it must be locked right?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Note: to anybody trying to order a tuner on eBay don't, there is a group of people's cornering the market for them. Spend your money else where. #FYI #tell a friend

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle