Bad wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bad wheels

This is not a bashing thread. AM has been great throughout the process though in hindsight they should have checked the wheels before sending out the 2nd set.

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful through the whole process and that is rare for a company anymore.

I will still buy and continue support AM and other than shipping the wrong size Wheel on the second set AM has always been great.

I ordered a set of forgestar f14s and upon receipt 3/4 were not coated all the way.

Then upon receiving the new ones and having to get reimbursed for mounting and balancing ( no problem with that) one was a 20/11 and the 2 20/9 had the same powder coating issue. So 6/8 wheels were not finished.

I'm guessing this is more of a forgestar QC problem.

I took off of work since I have a lot of PTO but I'm just frustrated and I've now decided that I will just put off buying new wheels until the tires wear out on the stock ones.

And then I may once again go through AM for the new set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3934084342.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	938.9 KB
ID:	117862   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-370170495.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	991.2 KB
ID:	117863  

Name:	image-541007638.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	926.0 KB
ID:	117864  
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hopefully they take care of this for u
Junior21gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

They have been great. I was just frustrated and didn't feel like waiting until next Tuesday to get another set as this would be the 3rd round and id have to set other appointment to have them rebalanced and to borrow a vehicle to transport everything over again
I didn't need the wheels right now I just caught a whim and decided to pull the trigger.
So I just decided to send everything back and get a credit.
Even though they said they would unbox and personally check the wheels I was just tired of dealing with it so ill just save the money for now and invest it elsewhere.
If they could have next day air and ups shipped on Saturday then maybe I might have had another chance in me. That is me being childish though.
I was just let down and tired of waiting. More so with forgestar and their QC control.

Safe to say I don't know of I'll go forgestar even though they have great reviews. So far they get an F from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
This is not a bashing thread. AM has been great throughout the process though in hindsight they should have checked the wheels before sending out the 2nd set.

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful through the whole process and that is rare for a company anymore.

I will still buy and continue support AM and other than shipping the wrong size Wheel on the second set AM has always been great.

I ordered a set of forgestar f14s and upon receipt 3/4 were not coated all the way.

Then upon receiving the new ones and having to get reimbursed for mounting and balancing ( no problem with that) one was a 20/11 and the 2 20/9 had the same powder coating issue. So 6/8 wheels were not finished.

I'm guessing this is more of a forgestar QC problem.

I took off of work since I have a lot of PTO but I'm just frustrated and I've now decided that I will just put off buying new wheels until the tires wear out on the stock ones.

And then I may once again go through AM for the new set.
Quote:
They have been great. I was just frustrated and didn't feel like waiting until next Tuesday to get another set as this would be the 3rd round and id have to set other appointment to have them rebalanced and to borrow a vehicle to transport everything over again
I didn't need the wheels right now I just caught a whim and decided to pull the trigger.
So I just decided to send everything back and get a credit.
Even though they said they would unbox and personally check the wheels I was just tired of dealing with it so ill just save the money for now and invest it elsewhere.
If they could have next day air and ups shipped on Saturday then maybe I might have had another chance in me. That is me being childish though.
I was just let down and tired of waiting. More so with forgestar and their QC control.

Safe to say I don't know of I'll go forgestar even though they have great reviews. So far they get an F from me.
Jac,

Wow, I'm really sorry about this. This sounds like an absolutely terrible experience with us and I would like to make things right for you!

I'm going to make sure we're in contact with the Manufacture in hopes to look further into this and get some quality control issue taken care of! I'm also going to have our warehouse manager pull our inventory of their wheels to make sure they're not all damaged. In the mean time, shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'm going to look into your orders and make sure you're contacted directly to insure that you're compensated correctly.

I look forward to speaking with you and again, I'm really sorry about this!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Pm sent.

Thanks.

No problem with AM just not too found of forgestar.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Pm sent.

Thanks.

No problem with AM just not too found of forgestar.
You're welcome. I'll definitely have someone reach out to you shortly!

-Dan
Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Hey,

I've been checking in with my Customer Service Manager, to insure that you're taken care of. From what I hear you're good to go?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Just got the new set in today. Same issue. Called forgestar and they said the don't finish where the lugs are. That seems odd as if you got the pink or lime wheels you wouldn't think they would be 1/2 silver in the lug area as that would really stand out.

I'm in doubt and confused bit then again I've gotten 10/12 wheels that were that way so only 2 were finished all the way through the lug area.

I called and made notes for your tech and buying team to be aware of what they said.

I'm at a loss on what to do at the moment. I got these as they weigh in at 22.5 lbs (you tube video)and they are 20's at that weight.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

I've been checking in with my Customer Service Manager, to insure that you're taken care of. From what I hear you're good to go?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Pm sent
Old 07-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. Just got the new set in today. Same issue. Called forgestar and they said the don't finish where the lugs are. That seems odd as if you got the pink or lime wheels you wouldn't think they would be 1/2 silver in the lug area as that would really stand out.

I'm in doubt and confused bit then again I've gotten 10/12 wheels that were that way so only 2 were finished all the way through the lug area.

I called and made notes for your tech and buying team to be aware of what they said.

I'm at a loss on what to do at the moment. I got these as they weigh in at 22.5 lbs (you tube video)and they are 20's at that weight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1002655297.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	445.5 KB
ID:	119136   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1367665984.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	119137  

Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

JAC20,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with these wheels! I wanted to step in and see if I can be of any assistance. Unfortunately, Dan called out sick today and he won't be in until Monday. However, I'm sure I can help find a solution for this in the meantime!

Could you forward me the PM you sent to Dan last night, as well as your order number? I'll check out the notes Dan left in our system and take the next step from there.

I do want to apologize for Dan's absence. Although, I'm confident I'll be able to help get you squared away!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Pm sent.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm waiting to hear back from someone still. I think I just want to send these back and get a refund if that's possible.

I'm over forgestar at the moment.

AM has been great I'm just terribly disappointed in forgestar.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm waiting to hear back from someone still. I think I just want to send these back and get a refund if that's possible.

I would give them a call tomorrow. It's crazy that you had so many problems with the wheels. Hopefully you can get it all straight. If you had this many problems, there has to be others having the same. Good luck man. Hope you get a good set soon.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

I would give them a call tomorrow. It's crazy that you had so many problems with the wheels. Hopefully you can get it all straight. If you had this many problems, there has to be others having the same. Good luck man. Hope you get a good set soon.
Thanks. Yeah I called yesterday. They are supposedly getting with forgestar. If I don't hear back by lunch ill call again.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Omg I feel for you bro!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:

I'm sorry about the on going issue you're having with Forgestar. It actually turns out, this is all completely normal for Powder Coated wheels. We contacted Forgestar directly after pulling a high percentage of our inventory and saw that none of the lug nut holes are actually powder coated. Most aftermarket wheels are actually painted, so it's a bit easier to get in the actual lug nut hole and lay some paint down. When it comes to powder coat, its much more difficult to get in the lug nut hole and even if you do, the second you put a lug nut on in there it will crack! Forgestar will attempt to get in there as far as they can, but it will never be completely covered. A lug nut will cover that space anyway, so if you're using a black lug nut you won't even be able to see the unpainted hole!

I'm going to have the same CS rep contact you again, in hopes to explain this over the phone! I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Remember, I'm only a PM away!

-Dan
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Dan thanks for all your help. I was just making sure I wasn't crazy and those were supposed to be that way. I was not sure since the one was coated all the way and the others weren't. I do have the black lugs so we should be good.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan thanks for all your help. I was just making sure I wasn't crazy and those were supposed to be that way. I was not sure since the one was coated all the way and the others weren't. I do have the black lugs so we should be good.
Sounds good Jac! I have a set of Forgestars on my 2011 GT and have the exact same "issue". When running the black lugs, you really can't tell! I'm also okay with that small lug nut hole not being powder coated, because the look you get with the F14's is insane.

I'm glad to hear you're all squared away. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 07-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Got them on. They look great. You can see the silver with the lugs but only if you get close.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-915849315.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	841.5 KB
ID:	120501  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This is interesting, I've had my Forgestar F14s for over a year now and never noticed this issue. I of course have black lugs as well. So, I went down to the Pony to check it out. From what I can see with them on the Pony and black lugs, it is all painted black. Next time I have the wheels off I'll check for sure. Seems for some reason they changed there methods in the past year or so? Sucks because I love these wheels.

But a couple difference, I have the matte black and 19x10s and 19x9s. Seems you are running 20s and the piano black? I wonder if this is the difference. DId AM check the other black finishes and sizes?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

They did. I had the Matte black at first. I have had 15 wheels and only 2 were finished all the way through.

They pulled inventory and it was all the same. I called forgestar and they did too and they said they don't finish the style anymore in the lug area. I guess they changed there methods.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I had an accident today and the ahole left the scene since I didn't hit and just went up on the curb. I looked up and he was gone.

So I had them on for just over a day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-421740524.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	989.5 KB
ID:	120562  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #24
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
I had an accident today and the ahole left the scene since I didn't hit and just went up on the curb. I looked up and he was gone.

Wow, talk about bad luck.. I'm really sorry to hear about your wheel, how is the car?

Give my CS team a call and let's see what we can do for you!

-Dan
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Cars good. Exhaust is loose I thought it wasn't So that is why the p2109b or whatever code came up more than likely.

So I can get it refinished and everything on my own at a place for $125 for everything.

So I'm going to see what the insurance shop says on their quote and see of they will check out the exhaust as well. The 3m tape came loose a little bit on the chin spoiler but no actual damage from what I've found.

I'll have to see what the total tallies to on the estimate.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They did. I had the Matte black at first. I have had 15 wheels and only 2 were finished all the way through.

They pulled inventory and it was all the same. I called forgestar and they did too and they said they don't finish the style anymore in the lug area. I guess they changed there methods.
That really sucks.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:

That just sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. Good to hear you and the rest of the Ppny are good.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Well basically ill have to pay my deductible but I just found I can get it done for $325 max on my own. $140 with tax for refinish mount and balance and then $150.40 for a new tire from AM.

Tough I may have to finagle a way to work one day if that is the case. If I go through the insurance I would get a rental car for however long it takes. But I think if rather save the money and not risk the insurance going up

There was a couple of little rips in the tread and wall of the tire on closer inspection. I'm going to sleep on it and see if I can call the guy I got to refinish quote from again just to double check and possibly schedule a date.

If it goes out Monday first thing and notthe end of the day I could get it by Tuesday worst case Wednesday and then ill have to schedule it the following M-W
Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well basically ill have to pay my deductible but I just found I can get it done for $325 max on my own. $140 with tax for refinish mount and balance and then $150.40 for a new tire from AM.

Tough I may have to finagle a way to work one day if that is the case. If I go through the insurance I would get a rental car for however long it takes. But I think if rather save the money and not risk the insurance going up

There was a couple of little rips in the tread and wall of the tire on closer inspection. I'm going to sleep on it and see if I can call the guy I got to refinish quote from again just to double check and possibly schedule a date.

If it goes out Monday first thing and notthe end of the day I could get it by Tuesday worst case Wednesday and then ill have to schedule it the following M-W
Good luck man!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post

Good luck man!
Thanks.

Calling tomorrow to see when I can get the car in. Hopefully by Wednesday that would be great. Upon closer inspection the tire just has a little nick that won't effect anything other than triggering my OCD about my car.

So $125 plus tax and the hoof will be good as new.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post

Good luck man!
Your car is sweet too. Made me ready for football as it made me think go steelers.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet. Good thing not too much to fix then.

LOL my fav team.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle