Performance Upgrade Great, AM not so much! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Performance Upgrade Great, AM not so much!

Finally hit the road course with the recent upgrades and results are in:

Michelen Pilot Super Sports (replace all season Pirelli's): Spectacular!
Strut Tower Brace: Good!
Hawk Ferrotec-Carbon Pads: Better grip than stock, still some fade!
American Muscle Bullitt wheels and Customer Service: Unacceptable!

I walked away from a day at Lime Rock Park Track really impressed over the improvement from stock and would highly recommend the Michelins to anyone thinking of upgrading the factory all-seasons to summer tires. Even the low noise at cruising speed that I thought was coming from rear went away! All-in-all I the car is an absolute pleasure on the track now to the point where I would probably appreciate the improvements a tune might offer now for a little better response.

As far as American Muscle is concerned, the 18" Bullitt wheels they guaranteed to fit did not! After having them mounted on the car I noticed a bit of shake in the front. Took it to another place for rebalancing and found the original weights fell off. New weights installed, mounted the front wheel and noticed the weights (stuck on the centerline) were rubbing the calipers. After moving to the bang-on weights on the inside of the wheel rim I took the car home and looked closer and could barely see ANY light between the caliper and wheel and could not get the smallest feeler gauge in for clearance. So AM agreed to take them back and refunded the purchase cost of the wheels. BUT now I'm out over $200 for the 3 trips to the shop for wheels that were guaranteed to fit!!!! In spite of calls and individual promises from both Joe and Van at AM to get back to me, including a request to email all receipts to them (which I did) I've had absolutely no response to the calls or emails. A little common courtesy and perhaps a credit of some sort would have gone a long way to keep me as a customer. Live and Learn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Sad to hear. Maybe there was some communication error. Hopefully. Ive had a few issues with them in the past, but they have ALWAYS taken good care of me. I would try contacting Dan or Shane on here and see what they can do for you.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
And you posted this in the tech section because?

Moved.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
And you posted this in the tech section because?

Moved.....
Because it was about technical upgrades, you know, tires, wheels,strut tower brace, brake pads!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Because it was about technical upgrades, you know, tires, wheels,strut tower brace, brake pads!!!!
not even close to tech..it was about your issue with AMs customer service. which you'd be the first person i've ever heard of have issues with. sadly i don't know AM's side of the story so my opinion will just stay to myself.

carving corners like a boss
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

not even close to tech..it was about your issue with AMs customer service. which you'd be the first person i've ever heard of have issues with. sadly i don't know AM's side of the story so my opinion will just stay to myself.
First person??? I guess you don't read your own forums or others out there. I'm not trashing AM but obviously they have issues like other companies and some they handle better than others. You are obviously biased here and I thought that was not allowed on the Forum, especially from the Forum police.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post

First person??? I guess you don't read your own forums or others out there. I'm not trashing AM but obviously they have issues like other companies and some they handle better than others. You are obviously biased here and I thought that was not allowed on the Forum, especially from the Forum police.
Lol they all are biased. And I've had issues with AM also Kramer. Your not the only one. But at least the refunded you the money. Sucks bout the shop fees though..
Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I've had problems with am too. This thread is more tech than plastic dip threads. If your a mod, you can post where you want, how bout me gear for sale? And there are others posted by mods.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I've had problems with am too. This thread is more tech than plastic dip threads. If your a mod, you can post where you want, how bout me gear for sale? And there are others posted by mods.
Or how bout AM car show and ME meet up in tech section.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------
Or how bout AM car show and ME meet up in tech section.
Haha I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to bash them too much. Hypocrisy!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Y'all are more than welcome to visit some of the other forums that are out there if M.E. Doesn't suit your needs.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle