MMD window louvers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Ah lol. It's one of those things where it really should come with better tape. I got their mirror covers too. They haven't tried to come off yet. I used the original tape that came with them just because it needed to be thin. They look great tho brother. I'm glad they stuck this time. I wouldn't think u would have any trouble with them now.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Good to know.. Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm going to confront our Product Development Team and see what they think. IMO, as long as the 3M adhesive remover works efficiently with this molding tape, we should definitely switch it up.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate the feedback!

Shane
This is why I love AM.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I was wanting to get the painted mirror covers too. So the tape that comes with those holds?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

So far. They have been on there for about 3 weeks and they seem to be fine. If something happens, u will be the second to know lol. They really do look great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2451188270.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	125190
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Great! Hope they hold up for you!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Appreciate it brother. They would be an expensive little loss. Lol. Now I just need a second job for all the other stuff.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah they're way more expensive then what they should be
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

That's the same tape I used with my gap pic. It's on there though for sure I'm just OCD. The original tape on the one side is ok but I agree with you should just get that tape form the get go.

Glad it worked out for you. I need to redo my lip spoiler but I hate removing the gunk and I'm pretty sure the stiff I bought isn't safe on paint.

I love the look but I didn't realize how much I used those windows till I covered them up.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
So far. They have been on there for about 3 weeks and they seem to be fine. If something happens, u will be the second to know lol. They really do look great.
Ill play the pic game and post my shot too lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4290450075.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	125252  
Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Well, my dumbass didnt measure the louvers perfectly when i put them on so on one side there is a 1 inch difference between the length from the louver to the door frame. I mean you're not gonna know if you go on both sides and compare and measure them. It's just i have BAD ocd when it comes to my car. Everything must be perfect. Drives me insane, but i am not removing this crap again. I'm gonna learn to live with it. Wish it came with a template, but it is my mistake. Just washed her really good and the tape is still holding very well. I was out rolling around on some backroads this afternoon and i saw an absolutely astonishing Ford GT. My jaw dropped, ive never seen one in person. Just absolutely gorgeous.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Lol! It looks sweet bro. We gotta do that again soon.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Well, my dumbass didnt measure the louvers perfectly when i put them on so on one side there is a 1 inch difference between the link from the louver to the door frame. I mean you're not gonna know if you go on both sides and compare and measure them. It's just i have BAD ocd when it comes to my car. Everything must be perfect. Drives me insane, but i am not removing this crap again. I'm gonna learn to live with it. Wish it came with a template, but it is my mistake. Just washed her really good and the tape is still holding very well. I was out rolling around on some backroads this afternoon and i saw an absolutely astonishing Ford GT. My jaw dropped, ive never seen one in person. Just absolutely gorgeous.
Dnt tell anybody but I just used the finger method. Lol. I just measured out to the same knuckle on both sides lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, worked well for you lol
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, my dumbass didnt measure the louvers perfectly when i put them on so on one side there is a 1 inch difference between the link from the louver to the door frame. I mean you're not gonna know if you go on both sides and compare and measure them. It's just i have BAD ocd when it comes to my car. Everything must be perfect. Drives me insane, but i am not removing this crap again. I'm gonna learn to live with it. Wish it came with a template, but it is my mistake. Just washed her really good and the tape is still holding very well. I was out rolling around on some backroads this afternoon and i saw an absolutely astonishing Ford GT. My jaw dropped, ive never seen one in person. Just absolutely gorgeous.
I know how you feel. That's why my tape didn't hold the first time. It was off a bit so I took it off and readjusted. Then the nest day in the sun it just came way loose.

I wanna fix mine again bc of the gap but you woot. Notice unless I point it out. Same thing on the chin spoiler. Oh well I still love the look of my car so I'm good with it.

Still looks good though.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Here it is. Ugh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1652454836.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	125255  
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for multiple posts. I'm on my phone and the app crashes when I post multiple pics in the same post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2659550394.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	125256  
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol! It looks sweet bro. We gotta do that again soon.

Agreed. We should do it later in the fall. It would be gorgeous When the leaves turn colors.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Dnt tell anybody but I just used the finger method. Lol. I just measured out to the same knuckle on both sides lol.
Lol I used the instruction page and tore a slit after I did one side.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta improvise lol! Oh yeah don't get me wrong I still love my car so much. Is yours lowered? Have any problems with scraping on speed bumps or anything?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotta improvise lol! Oh yeah don't get me wrong I still love my car so much. Is yours lowered? Have any problems with scraping on speed bumps or anything?
Running steeda ultralights. No issues at all. Only now since I went to 20's I feel every bump.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

My opinion. I think 20s just look odd. Not enough rubber. I love a beautiful rim though. I dont want to pay the high price of 19s (which i think are perfect) So looks like im getting 18s lol. What did you use on the chin splitter that makes you think it isnt paint safe? Is what i used paint safe? I mean it is really on there, but scared if i ever have to take it off it's not going to spell well for paint. Im a paint freak and polish my car to perfection. No swirls at all in my black paint. So i dont want this stuff to do any damage
Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My opinion. I think 20s just look odd. Not enough rubber. I love a beautiful rim though. I dont want to pay the high price of 19s (which i think are perfect) So looks like im getting 18s lol. What did you use on the chin splitter that makes you think it isnt paint safe? Is what i used paint safe? I mean it is really on there, but scared if i ever have to take it off it's not going to spell well for paint. Im a paint freak and polish my car to perfection. No swirls at all in my black paint. So i dont want this stuff to do any damage
No just the adhesive remover I used to get the crap off the louver. I bought the cheap small one and it smells terrible.

The dealership by me has a ton Of roushes and they all have 20s and the look sick. The all my mustang buddies all said go 20 without blinking. So I just did an impulse buy.

18-20 very noticeable. I don't regret it and I almost went with 19s.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2823200203.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	658.3 KB
ID:	125262   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4046350774.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	125263  

Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Car looks great. Love the way the wheels look. Do you think that gap is bad on my louvers to where i should remove it and fix it? I tried some fishing line like really quick in one little spot. Yeah its not gonna be easy whatsoever. My ocd just makes me wanna do it! Ugh
Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Car looks great. Love the way the wheels look. Do you think that gap is bad on my louvers to where i should remove it and fix it? I tried some fishing line like really quick in one little spot. Yeah its not gonna be easy whatsoever. My ocd just makes me wanna do it! Ugh
Thanks. I would let it be. Still looks good to me and you are basically going to be the only one to really know its off.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I think ill do that thanks. I need to get some more money together to start all my suspension mods. Are you still using stock shocks and struts? I was wanting to get the koni str.t shocks and struts to go with the springs.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think ill do that thanks. I need to get some more money together to start all my suspension mods. Are you still using stock shocks and struts? I was wanting to get the koni str.t shocks and struts to go with the springs.
Stock. Saved my money for now.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for all the questions, but how long have you had them on? The ultralights dont slam it low enough to really wear the stock ones, right? And you said it only got kinda bumpy after adding 20s
Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry for all the questions, but how long have you had them on? The ultralights dont slam it low enough to really wear the stock ones, right? And you said it only got kinda bumpy after adding 20s
No problem. Yeah I didn't need a panhead bar either. It went right back into spec. On 18s it felt just like stock to me. It's fine on 20s until you go over something rough but these tires handle better.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I had to send my Louvers back as I noticed a bad paint imperfection and the plastic was rolled up underneath one louver. I received my new ones early and they included the free black out panels. Not sure ill use them but still. Really cool. And I owe a huge thank you to American muscle
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So I removed the warped Louvers and shipped them back to americanmuscle.com. It was not fun getting that 3M tape to come off!!! Well I've put the new Louvers on, ill let you know how they hold up.
Junior21gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Tell me about it. It can be a royal pain getting them off. What worked best for me was heating with a hair dryer for a couple minutes on the top then getting fishing line and sawing the top. Once it got enough to get my hands behind I could pull it off.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I used the 3M adhesive remover which made a big mess at first!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't wanna use that on my paint. I just peeled it then since I had a da polisher I used that with a light polish to remove the rest. I did use the 3m adhesive remover to remove it from the Louvers. It worked well! I do advise to get that better tape. Mine are holding up very well and if you have to remove it it doesn't make as much of a mess
Old 09-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

So my new Louvers did not work out either!!! I called americanmuscle.com and they are gonna ship out another set. I am upset because they have no idea of the hassle it is to remove the 3m tape.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

This is getting ridiculous. Thank god mine are still holding on. It is a big pain in the *** to keep removing them
Old 09-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #68
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior21gtz View Post
So my new Louvers did not work out either!!! I called americanmuscle.com and they are gonna ship out another set. I am upset because they have no idea of the hassle it is to remove the 3m tape.
I'm sorry for all of the hassle this process has put you through! It's surprising the new louvers didn't hold on either. Did you get a chance to look them over for any warping? With a perfectly fit louver, we haven't had any trouble using the 3M tape that's paired with the louvers. It's usually only an issue if the molding is warped.

Just an FYI - 3M adhesive remover is safe to use on paint. It's actually specifically designed to be used against paint and 3M tape. I know it can be a little messy, but it will help you remove the louvers much quicker.

Let me know if you're able to see any warping in the molding of the louver. Also, check the new louvers over thoroughly for warping too. Any feedback you have would be great!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

I'm sorry for all of the hassle this process has put you through! It's surprising the new louvers didn't hold on either. Did you get a chance to look them over for any warping? With a perfectly fit louver, we haven't had any trouble using the 3M tape that's paired with the louvers. It's usually only an issue if the molding is warped.

Just an FYI - 3M adhesive remover is safe to use on paint. It's actually specifically designed to be used against paint and 3M tape. I know it can be a little messy, but it will help you remove the louvers much quicker.

Let me know if you're able to see any warping in the molding of the louver. Also, check the new louvers over thoroughly for warping too. Any feedback you have would be great!

Shane
So if I sit them on a flat plane, should they be flat as well?
Well AM was nice to give me a 15% off a future purchase so that took some of the anger off
Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #70
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Not quite. They're curved to the body of the car, but if one is warped you can usually see an irregular curve in it. I wouldn't say it jumps out at you, but if you hold it up to a light you should be able to see a "bump" or indent when everything else is a smooth transition.

I am glad that our Mustang Experts took care of you! They're always looking out for our customers.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle