tired of waiting for AM to respond - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
tired of waiting for AM to respond

Am not one to rant or talk much but am.tired of waiting for AM reps to respond to emails and messages. I have a club of 30members to which am the main influence for mods and design. We live.in Canada and have.spent over $20k collectively between members on AM and i am asking for a break in shipping costs as we get raped on shipping!! We want.to stay loyal and keep buying from AM but i think after.the amount we.spend we deserve a break. Specially that we are about to order more and more with new members.. If any other person feels this way feel free to speak out. As for AM reps i expect a reply
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Do you want them to subsidize the shipping cost for you? It is probably expensive to ship to Canada. Perhaps if many of your members ordered together you guys could get bulk shipping to a business, that may be cheaper.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
I don't think it is really am's fault it is the taxes And fees that get put on a package that is being shipped to a different country. Here is a link that may help you learn about it if you don't believe me.

http://packagefox.com/blog/shipping-...-so-expensive/
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Its NOT AMs fault! I live in Canada also and its called duty and taxes, then more taxes then a little more duty! My wheel and tire combo from AM was still 400$ cheaper, shipping and all, than buying it here! Welcome to Canada!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I don't need a chart to tell me about the taxes and shipping costs no offense.. And mass orders is what am trying.to set up for my crew. Its not just one or two items its 10items easy per order and also am not asking for free.shipping.but at least split it since.its mass.orders

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Its NOT AMs fault! I live in Canada also and its called duty and taxes, then more taxes then a little more duty! My wheel and tire combo from AM was still 400$ cheaper, shipping and all, than buying it here! Welcome to Canada!
Am not blaming them.. They.have.great prices am.just stating that am.tired.of the.wait.for a simple reply
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post
I don't a chart to tell me about the taxes and shipping costs no offense.. And mass orders is what am trying.to set up for my crew. Its not just one or two items its 10items easy per order and also am not asking for free.shipping.but at least split it since.its mass.orders
Dude your not getting it, its the extra costs at the border that you get charged, taxes and duty. Think about it, if you go to the states for 3 hrs then cross back to Canada with a thousand dollars of stuff they could care less if you were mass ordering for other people your gonna pay tax and duty.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Don't worry they will, it might take some time but their CS will help you anyway they can. And I also feel your pain on the extra charges when ordering I must have paid close to 1k in shipping alone, but at the end of the day I've saved way more than that if I purchased it here.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude your not getting it, its the extra costs at the border that you get charged, taxes and duty. Think about it, if you go to the states for 3 hrs then cross back to Canada with a thousand dollars of stuff they could care less if you were mass ordering for other people your gonna pay tax and duty.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Don't worry they will, it might take some time but their CS will help you anyway they can. And I also feel your pain on the extra charges when ordering I must have paid close to 1k in shipping alone, but at the end of the day I've saved way more than that if I purchased it here.
I get what you mean but if you would ship to the U.S and go pick it.up you don't pay duties only taxes.. But in any case.i hope.they do Cus i wanna place my orders already . Where about are you btw
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13

+1

Btw, it's I'M or I AM not AM...lol
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
^^ he is completely correct. That's why I posted that article so you could see that...... And about the reps taking a while to get back to you is a good thing cause it shows they are actually taking there time with you and trying to help you guys out. Cause if they really didn't care they could just tell you no and that you have to pay for all the shipping.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I get what you mean but if you would ship to the U.S and go pick it.up you don't pay duties only taxes.. But in any case.i hope.they do Cus i wanna place my orders already . Where about are you btw
Actually your supposed to declare it when you cross back into Canada, if you don't and get caught it big time ****! Oh and Montreal, you?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Am not one to rant or talk much but am.tired of waiting for AM reps to respond to emails and messages. I have a club of 30members to which am the main influence for mods and design. We live.in Canada and have.spent over $20k collectively between members on AM and i am asking for a break in shipping costs as we get raped on shipping!! We want.to stay loyal and keep buying from AM but i think after.the amount we.spend we deserve a break. Specially that we are about to order more and more with new members.. If any other person feels this way feel free to speak out. As for AM reps i expect a reply
If you don't want to pay any duties, order from a company in Canada. The purpose of duties is to make it fair for companies in the country you are located in.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

If you don't want to pay any duties, order from a company in Canada. The purpose of duties is to make it far for companies in the country you are located in.
That's not cool dude!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #13

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

1st off stop your crying and calm down. 2ndly, there may be a couple of reasons why they haven't emailed you back

a) Dan mentioned in another forum thread, if you send an email to the email team, they only work Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm, so if you emailed after 5:30pm they are not there to get your email

b) if you sent an email over the weekend they may not of gotten to it yet due to being off on the weekends

c) they may not got your email to begin with.

Finally, there is probably nothing they can do about the shipping cost, the prices comes from UPS and Customs, so if you want to cry on a forum go ahead and have more class in your wording because you are not getting "Raped"
LavaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRed View Post

1st off stop your crying and calm down. 2ndly, there may be a couple of reasons why they haven't emailed you back

a) Dan mentioned in another forum thread, if you send an email to the email team, they only work Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm, so if you emailed after 5:30pm they are not there to get your email

b) if you sent an email over the weekend they may not of gotten to it yet due to being off on the weekends

c) they may not got your email to begin with.

Finally, there is probably nothing they can do about the shipping cost, the prices comes from UPS and Customs, so if you want to cry on a forum go ahead and have more class in your wording because you are not getting "Raped"
One post?? Who are you???
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
They have a phone. Pick up yours and call them. They answer.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Doesn't matter who they are, gave a legitimate response to your issue. Pick up the phone and call them or stop whining about having to wait for an email response which WILL take longer being that they get thousands a day
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Was a thread even necessary for this
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Region: California
That's one of the perks of living in the good old US...so take off you hoser ....lol....
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
They have a phone. Pick up yours and call them. They answer.
Lol, so true. For someone who says he owns a million dollar company surely he must have a phone?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Have you tried ordering from Canadian Muscle instead? I kid, I kid.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Montreal and Quebec have different restriction than Ontario... I've declared it but no duties had.to be.paid.. Am in the GTA

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Yea just who the F*** are you???
A low life with a plain mustang ?? who drives alone and has no influence on anyone ... Goes to show.you have.no idea how business works.. I own a million dollar company and AM grew because of ppl with influence .. So get over yourself
It comes down to Canada customs not individual Provence's. Some times they will let you go with minimal goods purchased but I can guarantee you you'll pay duty on car parts! I have bought stuff down there and always declared it at the border but never in excess of what your allowed for the amount of time gone, but if you cross over with 500$ worth of stuff and have been gone less than 24hrs your gonna feel the tax a duty!http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-vo...rpcrc-eng.html
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, so true. For someone who says he owns a million dollar company surely he must have a phone?
Yes i do own a phone but when you call all you get is customers service which.is.no help..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post
That's one of the perks of living in the good old US...so take off you hoser ....lol....
Am from Miami so Thats why its a pain paying all these extra taxes and duties

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

I find it funny how people just hop in and are quick to leave their strong comments like they are experts but yet i am sure when they go to a shop more than once they are quick to ask for discounts for being repeat customers and for buying numerous items..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
when they go to a shop more than once they are quick to ask for discounts for being repeat customers and for buying numerous items...

I'll have to remember that next time at Walmart.

What about NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) that says there is no duty between the USA, Canada and Mexico?
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

Am from Miami so Thats why its a pain paying all these extra taxes and duties

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

I find it funny how people just hop in and are quick to leave their strong comments like they are experts but yet i am sure when they go to a shop more than once they are quick to ask for discounts for being repeat customers and for buying numerous items..
"when they go to a shop more than once they are quick to ask for discounts for being repeat customers and for buying numerous items" isn't that What u are doing?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

"when they go to a shop more than once they are quick to ask for discounts for being repeat customers and for buying numerous items" isn't that What u are doing?
Yea and that statement i put is for those who reply to my thread like they don't ask for discounts..
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Monkey13,

I'm really sorry that you feel like we're not answering you. I don't want any of our customers to feel that way, because that's not the case at all! I responded to your PM on Friday of last week, our customer service manager was already out of the office for the day. Yesterday, he was working on a way that we could try and help you guys out with the Shipping cost! I had full intentions of shooting you over a PM and or having my CS Manager contact you directly this afternoon.

The shipping cost does include taxes and duty fees etc.. The cost you pay to ship your order includes everything from our facility, to your door. We can't discount the shipping, those numbers are set in stone by the carrier. We can do our best to offer you guys a discount on the actual products, but you guys already have the Clubs discount and 6% forums exclusive discount so I'm not sure how much more wiggle room there is.

I just touched base with our CS Manager again now, he's going to give you a call shortly! We'll do our best to do whatever we can for you guys. We really appreciate your business and loyalty. Hang in there man, we appreciate your patience.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey Monkey13,

I'm really sorry that you feel like we're not answering you. I don't want any of our customers to feel that way, because that's not the case at all! I responded to your PM on Friday of last week, our customer service manager was already out of the office for the day. Yesterday, he was working on a way that we could try and help you guys out with the Shipping cost! I had full intentions of shooting you over a PM and or having my CS Manager contact you directly this afternoon.

The shipping cost does include taxes and duty fees etc.. The cost you pay to ship your order includes everything from our facility, to your door. We can't discount the shipping, those numbers are set in stone by the carrier. We can do our best to offer you guys a discount on the actual products, but you guys already have the Clubs discount and 6% forums exclusive discount so I'm not sure how much more wiggle room there is.

I just touched base with our CS Manager again now, he's going to give you a call shortly! We'll do our best to do whatever we can for you guys. We really appreciate your business and loyalty. Hang in there man, we appreciate your patience.

-Dan
Hey Dan...

Let me.start by saying sorry i lost track of time and didn't even realize i sent the email so late and forgot your office is closed weekends. I wanna thank you because you've always come through for us and i know you are trying i was just frustrated and wanted to put the order for these guys as they have been on me to see what we can arrange. As far as club discount the only one i know of is the forum discount. Is there one for clubs??
Thanks again Dan and i do apologize for losing my patience and not waiting for your response ..
Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Im not your buddy pal...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1533250616.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	124844  
GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean 1809 View Post
Im not your buddy pal...
Lmao.. Am not your pal buddy
Old 08-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Smh.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not your pal guy
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not your guy pal
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Dan...

Let me.start by saying sorry i lost track of time and didn't even realize i sent the email so late and forgot your office is closed weekends. I wanna thank you because you've always come through for us and i know you are trying i was just frustrated and wanted to put the order for these guys as they have been on me to see what we can arrange. As far as club discount the only one i know of is the forum discount. Is there one for clubs??
Thanks again Dan and i do apologize for losing my patience and not waiting for your response ..
It's alright, I completely understand your frustration. I really wish there was more I could do for you regarding the shipping but like I said, it's out of our hands! However, I will do my best to work with my CS Manager in hopes to get you a good discount off of our products. This should help you with the overall cost!

Yes, there is a clubs discount! Check out our clubs.americanmuscle.com page and let me know if you have any further questions.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:

That's not cool dude!
How did a quoted comment get edited?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle