Unfavorable review? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle

Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Unfavorable review?

I wrote a unfavorable review for this product- MAC Chrome Long Tube Mustang Headers - Automatic (79-93 5.0L) TFA9358
Over a week and a half ago where did it go? The form said it may take up to 72 hours for the review to be posted...

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang97 View Post
I wrote a unfavorable review for this product- MAC Chrome Long Tube Mustang Headers - Automatic (79-93 5.0L) TFA9358
Over a week and a half ago where did it go? The form said it may take up to 72 hours for the review to be posted...
I don't know, may just they have a backlog of reviews to post on items. On a similar note, I discovered sites like Homeaway won't post negative reviews of the properties listed on their site because the owners pay to list their properties and they don't want to lose the revenue.
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

From my past dealings with AM they have been nothing but great. This is the first review I have written that was unfavorable. I wouldn't think they would hold back a review good bad or otherwise at least I hope.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
They never post them...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
They never post them...
Have you written reviews they didn't post?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
There were several unfavorable reviews about the chrome cup holder cover for the 10-14s that they posted, plus they compensated the customers.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
There were several unfavorable reviews about the chrome cup holder cover for the 10-14s that they posted, plus they compensated the customers.
That's what I would expect from them they've always treated me great in the past!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Let me look into this for you! We will post both negative and positive reviews if there's an actual problem with the product. We really appreciate your feedback, this will allow us to work with the manufacture in hopes to fix whatever issue you experienced.

Please shoot me a PM with your order number and a little information on the issue you're having. I'll make sure you're contacted by our CS Manager, he'll get you taken care of!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Let me look into this for you! We will post both negative and positive reviews if there's an actual problem with the product.

-Dan
Lol. So essentially you're saying that we've all been buying products that have biased ratings? And is not the "actual problem" up to him to decide? And not the company?

Wow.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I have those headers and I don't have a single complaint ...was it bc they were hard to instal ? Bc all long tubes are a b*tch to put on mod motors ... If I had to do it again i would drop the kmember
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker View Post

Lol. So essentially you're saying that we've all been buying products that have biased ratings? And is not the "actual problem" up to him to decide? And not the company?

Wow.
This guy has some sort of vendetta against AM. I'm not sure what happened or why he posts negative reviews all the time. He never really said why. Works for the competition? Maybe.
Take his words at what they are...just words because he never really gives reasons.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:

Wow.
That's absolutely not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that if a customer reports a problem, we want to look into the product first. There could be inconsistencies with the manufacture, a defective header, something could go wrong during install etc.. there's so many different variables that could cause a negative experience with a product.

If this review proves that there is something wrong with the design and that it's not just a defective header, then there needs to be reviews letting customers know what to look out for. We will work with the manufacturer to make sure everything is being built properly, we'll pull our inventory and check them out to make sure there's no visible issues, we'll then install a set on a shop car and see if we have the same issues. This feedback will allow us to insure that you're getting a reliable header when buying this particular product. All of your reviews and opinions are very important to us and every single one is taken very seriously, both good and bad! Regardless of Good and or Bad feedback, every review will be posted on the site.

I hope this clears things up.

FYI - The customer has been contacted by my Customer Service manager and we are doing everything in our power to make this right for him!

-Dan

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Quick question,

I see you linked to the 1979-1993 Headers, but your Signature says that you have a 2002 GT. I just want to make sure that you didn't accidentally purchase a set of fox body headers for your new edge GT?

It could just be the wrong link, Just want to clarify..

-Dan
Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
^^ dans about to open a can of whoop a$$ lol
Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Lol

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Lol +1
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

This guy has some sort of vendetta against AM. I'm not sure what happened or why he posts negative reviews all the time. He never really said why. Works for the competition? Maybe.
Take his words at what they are...just words because he never really gives reasons.
No competition here, I'm a machinist. However, for the money I have spent, and for what I received, I'm simply trying to persuade anyone who doesn't have a boner for this company, to try other options.

And if I can convince even one person to spend a couple hundred bucks somewhere else, I've done that person a favor. And I'm happy for it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No competition here, I'm a machinist. However, for the money I have spent, and for what I received, I'm simply trying to persuade anyone who doesn't have a boner for this company, to try other options.

And if I can convince even one person to spend a couple hundred bucks somewhere else, I've done that person a favor. And I'm happy for it.
You are essentially buying the same product from a different source. Why would a BBK product from CJ Pony Parts be different that buying it from AM?
It is pretty obvious that AM tries to provide superior customer service, working through problems with the customer and going to the vendor if the problem persists. So when you buy product from AM you are also getting piece of mind that if you have an issue with the product, they will try to make it right.
Again, you haven't really proved why you don't like AM whereas AM has proven to provide top notch customer service. It is all over this forum.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

You really don't have to believe me, I'm not forcing anyone. Merely explaining that I've had bad experiences. If you're really curious, you can pm me, and I'll talk with you.

But I'm not about to write a novel on a thread that isint about this.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

PS, your occupation says "American Muscle" so if you truly do work for them, having this discussion with you is pointless. Because you are obviously biased.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's absolutely not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that if a customer reports a problem, we want to look into the product first. There could be inconsistencies with the manufacture, a defective header, something could go wrong during install etc.. there's so many different variables that could cause a negative experience with a product.

If this review proves that there is something wrong with the design and that it's not just a defective header, then there needs to be reviews letting customers know what to look out for. We will work with the manufacture to make sure everything is being built properly, we'll pull our inventory and check them out to make sure there's no visible issues, we'll then install a set on a shop car and see if we have the same issues. This feedback will allow us to insure that you're getting a reliable header when buying this particular product. All of your reviews and opinions are very important to us and every single one is taken very seriously, both good and bad! Regardless of Good and or Bad feedback, every review will be posted on the site.

I hope this clears things up.

FYI - The customer has been contacted by my Customer Service manager and we are doing everything in our power to make this right for him!

-Dan

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quick question,

I see you linked to the 1979-1993 Headers, but your Signature says that you have a 2002 GT. I just want to make sure that you didn't accidentally purchase a set of fox body headers for your new edge GT?

It could just be the wrong link, Just want to clarify..

-Dan
I have 4 mustangs these went on a 1989 Auto 5.0.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
I have those headers and I don't have a single complaint ...was it bc they were hard to instal ? Bc all long tubes are a b*tch to put on mod motors ... If I had to do it again i would drop the kmember
It's a 89 it doesn't have the mod motor. My steering shaft rubs and bangs on the drivers side and the original starter is so big I can't put a piece of paper between the two. I've tightened them 4 times and after some time they leak. I need to buy better gaskets and locking bolts. Maybe my set of headers got slightly damaged in shipping I don't know? I do know long tubes suck to install my same friend and I installed long tubes on his coyote in about 6 hours.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a 89 it doesn't have the mod motor. My steering shaft rubs and bangs on the drivers side and the original starter is so big I can't put a piece of paper between the two. I've tightened them 4 times and after some time they leak. I need to buy better gaskets and locking bolts. Maybe my set of headers got slightly damaged in shipping I don't know? I do know long tubes suck to install my same friend and I installed long tubes on his coyote in about 6 hours.
Your profile pic confused me lol
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

You have any pics or tips on install because I have long tubes for my 94 gt and there headers from a fox that I am going to try to make work. I have had then for awhile now and just nervous I might screw up my mint exhaust I have now trying to put them on. They are bbk.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I also want to say I've done business with AM for years spending a lot of money in the process and am very satisfied with the company as a whole. I'm not trying to cause a problem for anyone I just wondered what happened to my review.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote:
You have any pics or tips on install because I have long tubes for my 94 gt and there headers from a fox that I am going to try to make work. I have had then for awhile now and just nervous I might screw up my mint exhaust I have now trying to put them on. They are bbk.
Pay some else to do it! Sorry no pics we took the starter out and undid both motor mounts jacked the motor up as far as we could. pushed and pulled until we got the passenger side in the drivers went in much easier. Do you have the smog pump still hooked up?

Old 08-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I also want to say I've done business with AM for years spending a lot of money in the process and am very satisfied with the company as a whole. I'm not trying to cause a problem for anyone I just wondered what happened to my review.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Pay some else to do it! Sorry no pics we took the starter out and undid both motor mounts jacked the motor up as far as we could. pushed and pulled until we got the passenger side in the drivers went in much easier. Do you have the smog pump still hooked up?
Hahahha I wish I could afford that man. I am in college right now but I might be buying a winter car so the stang will be off the road for a little while so I will have the time. And yea I am pretty sure smog is hooked up. Should I delete it?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #25
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
You really don't have to believe me, I'm not forcing anyone. Merely explaining that I've had bad experiences. If you're really curious, you can pm me, and I'll talk with you.

But I'm not about to write a novel on a thread that isint about this.
I know this wasn't intended for me, but I'd like to take you up on this offer. Can you please shoot me a PM and explain exactly what bad experiences you've had with us? I'd really like to make things right with you, I'd hate to loose you as a customer.

So if you don't mind, please shoot me a PM! If you decide not to, I completely understand and will accept the fact that a bad experience has steered you away from us. But I will do everything in my power in hopes to revert that decision!

-Dan

Quote:
I have 4 mustangs these went on a 1989 Auto 5.0.
Alright, Thanks for clarifying that! Please work with my Customer Service team and we'll make sure your problem is solved and you're compensated correctly. I understand we've already reached out to you once and left a voicemail.

Please let me know if you have any further questions for me.

-Dan
Old 08-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have it written up by tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know this wasn't intended for me, but I'd like to take you up on this offer. Can you please shoot me a PM and explain exactly what bad experiences you've had with us? I'd really like to make things right with you, I'd hate to loose you as a customer.

So if you don't mind, please shoot me a PM! If you decide not to, I completely understand and will accept the fact that a bad experience has steered you away from us. But I will do everything in my power in hopes to revert that decision!

-Dan

Alright, Thanks for clarifying that! Please work with my Customer Service team and we'll make sure your problem is solved and you're compensated correctly. I understand we've already reached out to you once and left a voicemail.

Please let me know if you have any further questions for me.

-Dan
I just got off the phone with Steve you guys go above and beyond!

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Hahahha I wish I could afford that man. I am in college right now but I might be buying a winter car so the stang will be off the road for a little while so I will have the time. And yea I am pretty sure smog is hooked up. Should I delete it?
The reason I ask if it's still hooked up is you need to remove the hoses to gain access. It's up to you if you want to delete it or not. From what I've been told you wont gain much power but with the smog delete installed you'll save some weight as well. If I didn't run out of money I would have got the delete and done it all at once.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Quote:
I'm simply trying to persuade anyone who doesn't have a boner for this company, to try other options.

so.... your not "forcing" anyone to go away from AM, but you rather constantly post dumb things, calling other people stupid, keep on typing and not read and process the other people posts and call them "empty posts",

the only way you can make yourself happy, is to make people go to our sources? Give me a break, if you don't like these posts, just don't post at all or actually have some class and accept the people posts without calling them stupid and go outside and wrench on your car.
LavaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Oh here comes lavared with the voice of reason. Easy to say for an outside opinion to come in and say what's what isn't it? I won't apologize for having my money wasted.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

And it would appear that you as well, are working for American muscle? Correct?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
I'll have it written up by tomorrow.
Perfect, thank you! I really appreciate your quick response and opportunity to make things right. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dan

Quote:
I just got off the phone with Steve you guys go above and beyond![COLOR="Silver"]
I'm glad to hear Steve got you all squared away! We'll always bend over backwards to make sure you're squared away. Please let me know if you ever have some questions in the future!

-Dan
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
so what ever happened?
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Oh here comes lavared with the voice of reason. Easy to say for an outside opinion to come in and say what's what isn't it? I won't apologize for having my money wasted.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

And it would appear that you as well, are working for American muscle? Correct?
Dan offered CRANKER a job, so now he has 12,001 employees at American Muscle.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

You're kidding, right?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I got reimbursed roughly 40 dollars for the hours and the hundreds of dollars I've burnt because of this company.

That's what happened.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Not before I got put on the back burner for a week and a half, though.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

What part did you get? Was it a manufacturers issue though?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Vendors > AmericanMuscle